Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Jun 12, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #1,802 of 3,551
It was  taken with a little bloggie video camera. It has no flash. It does all right when a lot of light is present, but sucks any other time. I really need to buy a camera.

Jun 12, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #1,803 of 3,551

Quote:
Another secondary system ("Library/Guest Room")

FLAC files (54,000 tracks / 2.5 TB) => Squeezebox III =>Audio-GD NFB-10ES as DAC/preamp => Forte 4a power amp with Soderburg mods / or switch-selectable / Harman-Kardon Citation II with full Jim McShane mods => Quad ESL-57's restored with Wayne Picquet panels, HT units and Zener Clamp boards

This is a small room, hard to photograph - this shot is taken looking in through the doorway

Small CRT tv is used to display the menu from a Sony SACD / DVD player I sometimes use; you can't switch from CD layer to SACD layer without navigating a menu that only appears on a connected TV (who at Sony thought THAT was a good idea?!?!)

In this shot the back legs are up on books to tilt the speakers slightly; I have since made little wooden blocks with a slanted hole to fit the Quad's back leg to do this job instead of books.

A very nice bedroom setup with a collection 333% the size of mine.  Bravo sir.

Jun 12, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #1,804 of 3,551

Just got the TV installed ont he wall, but not too comfortable about it nor am I convinced i like it there. Also need to next invest in an AV rack or have one DIYed. Kingstyles' you need to hook me up to your guy in Seattle! 

But its slowly getting there.

Jun 12, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #1,806 of 3,551

My beloved system.

Jun 13, 2011 at 5:47 AM Post #1,808 of 3,551
I have the Quad ESL-57's and also a pair of Magnepan MG 3.6's triamped with a DEQX, I really dig that planar / dipole sound.

The MG 3.6's are nicely improved by the DEQX and I really like the depth and scope of the image from these big line sources. Overall resolution etc is also very good.

And the Quads, there is just something magical about their upper bass / lower mids.  It seems so hard to get this range just right, and the Quads really do.  The MG 3.6's are no slouch here, but the Quads just have that extra amount of coherency in this range... amazing things they made at Quad way back when.  And in a small room, they play sufficiently loud for my taste, and with very tight bass.

My Red Rose speakers are very nice; their bass is good, very tuneful and detail, warmth, imaging etc are all "high end" - but it's the  planar speakers that really captivate me.  

I got my Red Rose speakers on Amazon for a super duper cheap price, like around $1000.  For that price they are killer. They are also pretty efficient, like around 92 dB, AND they have really pretty wood- nice figure in it- which makes them nice to look at. Sycamore.

Jun 13, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #1,809 of 3,551
Jun 13, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #1,810 of 3,551

Quote:

My beloved system.

Nice, am on the lookout for some Mye stands. And the Macintosh 275 is a nice little tube amp too with the magnepans. Though I heard the 275 with the 1.7s 

Strangely, i preferred the 1.6 sound much more.

Need to really invest in a pair of nice AV racks so i can make my system more eye pleasing :)

Jun 22, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #1,811 of 3,551
I might call this "almost high-end" but I really enjoy the sound.  It's great to see so many speaker rigs on head-fi but I thought I'd post a picture of my listening nook.  The most important piece of gear (that you can't see) is my Best Chair "Beast" recliner...lets my whole body relax into the music!  I'm still tube rolling with the MAD Super II but I have loved the Rega Saturn for some time and don't plan to switch for the forseeable future.  So many beautiful systems here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back