Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Aug 22, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #1,141 of 3,551

Quote:
Actually, it's funny to me how much it looks like your setup, in a different-universe kind of way.  You, too, have a new aluminum strip on the bottom of your setup, yours is just a pair of Rogue monoblocks and a preamp.

Hah, you're absolutely right. Not sure how I didn't see that before. And actually my preamp's faceplate is aesthetically my least favorite part of the gear setup (don't really dislike it, just not in love with it) - but the insides are pretty and it sounds real nice so it stays :)

Gotta say I'd love to have a table like that steelcase for my work setup (I use an iMac there too).

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #1,142 of 3,551

Quote:
Looks like a near-field setup done superbly. Not really surprising it sounds so damn good! I dig the style too, though maybe ideally you'd have a mac mini tucked away (that aluminum strip of iMac is a lot of bright and new, in contrast...).

Thank you!  The new mini with HDMI outputs is in my future...paired with a large plasma.  However, I want to finish this importing project before I make that investment.  The mini will be great as a dedicated server. 

By the way, I LOVE your setup too!  Those Tannoy speakers have always had a *something* for me...just some kind of raw legitimacy.  Love it! 

Aug 26, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #1,143 of 3,551
All Whiplash Elite Reference Interconnects, power cables and Headphone Reference X replacement cables, except for R10s (stock cables).  I only own one of the R10s pictured, the other one is on loan for a comparison review (bassy vs. bass-light).  Maxxed out tube compliment on the A-10.

Aug 26, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #1,144 of 3,551
@warp08  Amazing headphone collection!  I was curious: Do you prefer the R10's or the Qualia?

Aug 26, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #1,147 of 3,551
Thanks.  I have no room for speakers, so the preamp functions are wasted on me, unfortunately.  This is essentially my "bedroom rig."  I will post two separate reviews within the next two weeks, one comparing the bass-light vs. bass-heavy R10s and another one on the Qualia (stock vs. recabled).  I need to wait for the dynamic tube amp and pre-burned XLR ICs to arrive for a more in-depth review, although I love the Apache SS.

For now, I will just say this: to my ears listening to the R10s are similar to a 300-year old Stradivarius in terms of sheer musicality and emotional involvement, while the Qualias (Whiplash-recabled and currently after about 200 hours of burn-in) offer amazing nearly full-spectrum clarity and instrument separation with unparalleled comfort due to their carbon-fiber construction.  Aside from both being made by SONY, they are 180 degrees apart in terms of presentation while both being an remarkable achievement in their own way.

Aug 26, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #1,149 of 3,551
picture004kt.jpg

I've been listening to my speakers more than my Omega II or HE Audio 'Stats lately.  
That little black box on top is my recently-acquired Charlize II on battery, and the tweaked-out Transcendent Grounded Grid 
and Pass B-1 preamp on the bottom shelf.

Aug 27, 2010 at 11:43 AM Post #1,151 of 3,551

I love that this is called the "bedroom rig".  It seems analogous to calling the Taj Mahal a "burial plot".  Beautiful collection of gear...I'm sure it sounds even better than it looks! 

Quote:
Thanks.  I have no room for speakers, so the preamp functions are wasted on me, unfortunately.  This is essentially my "bedroom rig."  I will post two separate reviews within the next two weeks, one comparing the bass-light vs. bass-heavy R10s and another one on the Qualia (stock vs. recabled).  I need to wait for the dynamic tube amp and pre-burned XLR ICs to arrive for a more in-depth review, although I love the Apache SS.

For now, I will just say this: to my ears listening to the R10s are similar to a 300-year old Stradivarius in terms of sheer musicality and emotional involvement, while the Qualias (Whiplash-recabled and currently after about 200 hours of burn-in) offer amazing nearly full-spectrum clarity and instrument separation with unparalleled comfort due to their carbon-fiber construction.  Aside from both being made by SONY, they are 180 degrees apart in terms of presentation while both being an remarkable achievement in their own way.

Aug 28, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #1,152 of 3,551

Thank you everyone who keep me drool for quite awhile with all beautiful rigs you have, every system so inspiring to those who fall in love with music and sound system.

This is the system I have now and they sings beautifully.. 

Aug 28, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #1,153 of 3,551
OmoNemo - speaking of drooling...what a system!  The Woo amp and Weiss DAC must sound incredible...congratulations on a beautiful system and a beautiful picture! 

Aug 28, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #1,154 of 3,551

Quote:

Thank you everyone who keep me drool for quite awhile with all beautiful rigs you have, every system so inspiring to those who fall in love with music and sound system.

This is the system I have now and they sings beautifully.. 

Nice to see another WES owner here.  Welcome to the club!

Sep 3, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #1,155 of 3,551

Quote:
picture004kt.jpg

I've been listening to my speakers more than my Omega II or HE Audio 'Stats lately.  
That little black box on top is my recently-acquired Charlize II on battery, and the tweaked-out Transcendent Grounded Grid 
and Pass B-1 preamp on the bottom shelf.

Very nice gear but do you not feel the need for any acoustic treatment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back