Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Mar 15, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #1,636 of 3,551

Quote:
Rob those are the CSP-2 preamp and the Taboo 6W speaker amp. All tubes except the Sylvania 5U4G are old stock Mullard EL84 and 12AT7 in the Taboo and Mullard 2492 in the CSP-2

Nice gear (unknown and under appreciated in some circles). Personally I have no familiarity with his preamps, but the amps really sing with the right speakers. The Taboo's a fine amp.

Mar 15, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #1,637 of 3,551

Quote:
Thia weeks system

Very impressive setup Frank. I love the vintage Marantz!
smile.gif

Mar 16, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #1,639 of 3,551

Quote:
the Flauto 45 headphone amp is rebuild ,it uses  Emission Labs 45 solid plate and the EML 80 mesh rectifier and Siemens c3m input tubes.Old style transformators and vintage parts inside.Sennheiser HD-800 sounds stunning with this amp.

That tube amp is gorgeous!  The case is a fantastic piece of woodcraft. If it sounds as good as it looks it is a ear bliss. Would be curious to know more about it.

Mar 16, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #1,640 of 3,551

Quote:

I know you must be kidding. I had to move, and so sold my own MR73. Where I am in a valley, with an indoor antenna, it's terrible for FM reception. But the MR73/74's that are well maintained and properly aligned, are something pretty special. I've owned two prime example of MR78's that couldn't touch this sonically... (the new owner is loving it :) I'm almost jealous - but I'm the one who gave it up. Meet Special...

Nice saxophone, I can't identify it from that angle though. I used to play alot of alto but nowadays I play mostly clarinet, I study classical music so it's a more logical choice 
smile.gif
. I've got a Yanagisawa 992 alto and tenor and they are both wonderful instruments 
biggrin.gif

Nice tuner aswell, I'm thinking about maybe adding a tuner to my modest system.

Mar 16, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #1,641 of 3,551

Quote:
Nice gear (unknown and under appreciated in some circles). Personally I have no familiarity with his preamps, but the amps really sing with the right speakers. The Taboo's a fine amp.

I have been very happy with the Decware amps and those Omega speakers are so synergystic with them and also a great find. They are like a microscope but Musical to boot.

Mar 16, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #1,643 of 3,551

Quote:
Must be a soprano sax, because it is very small 
tongue.gif

Nah, jontti knows what it is (he's even saying so in his post). He just doesn't know what maker it's from. ***Fwiw, I am a failed musician sorry to say. Not an early enough start to suit me, and not enough persistence & time to play when I did try to pick it up. (Haha, lol) I am though... a successful audiophile. Know how I know? Because I'm done upgrading. I'm only maintaining; even selling off a bit here and there. :)

Mar 16, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #1,644 of 3,551

Quote:
I have been very happy with the Decware amps and those Omega speakers are so synergystic with them and also a great find. They are like a microscope but Musical to boot.

Me too! I have a different pair of speakers, but they do sing with the Decware amps I've had.

Mar 19, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #1,646 of 3,551

Quote:
Maybe one day I'll be able to get my setup as nice as some of these....

You'd need wolverine-like regenerative powers, since these people have clearly sold their internal organs several times over to finance their setups.

Mar 20, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #1,647 of 3,551

Quote:
You'd need wolverine-like regenerative powers, since these people have clearly sold their internal organs several times over to finance their setups.

dagothur.......That's funny.  I never sold any internal organs.  I can only speak for myself, but the different sound systems I have assembled came one piece at a time.  I could not afford to walk into an audio dealer and plunk down $80K for my main system, but over a number of years, buying each component, the system was built.  In some cases I would sell a component to help finance the next upgrade until I had what I ultimately wanted.  A good example of what I am talking about, last week I sold two McIntosh MC275 tube amplifiers that I purchased separately for a total of $6400.  I turned around and made a deal last week with my local McIntosh deal to buy the new McIntosh MC452 amplifier, and still have $200 left in my pocket.  Net sum gain with change.

Here's the new McIntosh MC452 amplifier I am now waiting on to be delivered.  Like I said, one piece at a time.

Mar 20, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #1,648 of 3,551
Jdandy, That's a beautiful shot of the Mc452.

Here's my Cary Audio 805 Anniversary Edition mono blocks.

Mar 20, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #1,649 of 3,551
Here's my other not so vintage McIntosh piece.  It's a C22 Commemorative Edition.  I love the vintage look, but with all modern parts and design.

Mar 20, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #1,650 of 3,551
DjAmTraX.......Man, oh man, those Cary's look good.  I have auditioned many tube amplifiers in my time, but I have never listened to any Cary amplifiers.  I have only heard good things about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back