Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply)
Jan 6, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #1,039 of 1,052
HA-300MK2_2.jpeg
HA-300MK2_1.jpeg
Headphone_System.jpg

This system crystallizes my music and audio journeys. Both were long, exciting and satisfying. My taste in music has changed, evolved and expanded. I have changed how I listen and better understand how music affects self and perception. If you want to look at the setup through a financial lens, it represents everything I’ve spent on previous systems. My last 2–channel system lived in a land that still knows unicorns.

I sit down and music envelops me. The experience deepens as I explore the music or disappear into it. Time itself dissolves.

As always, improvements lie on the horizon while I am deeply satisfied with the here and now.

Signal
Fibre modem — Network Acoustics Muon Pro — Firewall — Muon Pro ethernet filter — Melco S10 switch — Muon Pro
dCS Bartók (with dCS Vivaldi clock and Black Cat Trøn clock cables) — Luna Rouge RCA — HA–300MK2 with Takatsuki 300Bs — Double Helix Prion 4 — Utopia 2022

Power
JMF PCD–102 power filter
Luna Rouge power chords

Resonance Control
Quadraspire Q4 Evo rack
Ansuz Darkz T2S
Ansuz Darkz D2T

Streaming
Ferrum Hypsos LPS
Furutech The Empire power chords
Furutech Flux–50 NCF inline power filter
Belden 1303E CATSNAKE Cat6a network cable
Stunning.

Jan 7, 2024 at 9:49 AM Post #1,040 of 1,052
My previous phono stage, good as it is, was holding this system back. When I recently upgraded from an Ortofon Cadenza Bronze to a Shelter Accord cartridge, it didn't improve the sound liked I'd expected - but I knew that the top-line Shelter should beat a Cadenza. So this weekend I received my new Herron VTPH-2A phono stage from Keith Herron - it immediately fixed this bottleneck, and suddenly I've got an even higher level of amazing sound pouring through my Stax - I didn't even think it could get this much better. WOW! I'm not more than several hours into burn-in of the Herron, yet. I've not even tried my best NOS tubes, yet (Mazda chrome-plate 12AX7 and Mullard 6201 12AT7 waiting on deck; Telefunken 12AX7 ribbed plates, Tele 12AX7 smooth plates, and Ei 12AT7 are in there now). Everything you read about this phono stage is true. The Shelter Accord and VTPH-2A is a stunning match, just like my georgep-built T2 amplifier is to the Stax 009 and 009S.

vGgABBT.png
Always LOVE seeing another SOTA! Is that a Star Sapphire with the vacuum hold down? (I’ve loved and still use mine to this day after buying it new in 1990).

Jan 7, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #1,041 of 1,052
IMG_0394.jpg

Mar 9, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #1,043 of 1,052
Finished my setup last year after the lockdown prompted a rethink and fairly major refocus. Main challenge for me was always trying to balance my objectives with meeting the WAF requirements! First photo for the WAF and the second for the Headfiers.

1953AC85-DDB2-4F9F-87A8-F346745DFA28.jpeg

like those headphone stands. where to purchase please.

Mar 9, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #1,044 of 1,052
Finished my setup last year after the lockdown prompted a rethink and fairly major refocus. Main challenge for me was always trying to balance my objectives with meeting the WAF requirements! First photo for the WAF and the second for the Headfiers.

42686E34-0770-4359-A4DF-E9473B1C30F0.jpeg1953AC85-DDB2-4F9F-87A8-F346745DFA28.jpeg
Very nice looking big music room . But to me the speakers look a bit small and too close together in that big space? Would you get a whole in the middle spacing them further apart? Judging from the photo and comparing to my own fireplace size I guess 3 metres? WAF requierement? I listen a lot to large scale symphonic music and I prefer a bigger wider closer to life-size soundstage even in my smaller room. My bigger ML's are spaced 4.5 metres apart .
Nice headphone collection. Which one rules? T&A or Susvara?
Cheers CC

Mar 9, 2024 at 5:26 PM Post #1,046 of 1,052
Very nice looking big music room . But to me the speakers look a bit small and too close together in that big space? Would you get a whole in the middle spacing them further apart? Judging from the photo and comparing to my own fireplace size I guess 3 metres? WAF requierement? I listen a lot to large scale symphonic music and I prefer a bigger wider closer to life-size soundstage even in my smaller room. My bigger ML's are spaced 4.5 metres apart .
Nice headphone collection. Which one rules? T&A or Susvara?
Cheers CC

Thanks Chris. The photo is deceptive due to shooting wide to get the room in - the spacing is equal 1/3’s and the soundstage is huge. Way beyond the boundaries of the room. The side firing woofers aid in that and they need plenty of room to breathe. They fair less well in corners imo. I have had other bigger more conventional speakers in to try out, but they just can’t match the Blades in my room.

My choice currently is Susvara, Valk, 1266, in that order. I use Sus from the Headtrip and 1266 from the AIC. I use Valk in a separate headphone setup. Since getting the Headtrip upgraded, though, SolP is snapping at the heels of 1266 and I am determining between the two for the third slot. I was going to sell them and will sell the eventual losers.

Mar 12, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #1,048 of 1,052
One of my very favorite Amp/Pre combo's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back