Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Oct 21, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #8,567 of 10,933
Nice lighting...particularly behind the TV. Very theater-ish.
I have a ton of empty, tall walls that need some art!

I'll gladly accept the nomination for Complete Pedant, but that lighting is too bright by at least half, and the rear wall isn't 50% grey.  
wink.gif

As for needing art, Sky Image Lab has many wonderful images that can be printed in large formats...

Oct 26, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #8,569 of 10,933

Coming together slowly. Tilted the Opals down a bit since this pic. Aim is to eventually have an iMac rather than a Mini + monitor, although ideally I'll probably wait until they do Retina/4K iMacs... might grab a 27" 1440p screen in the meantime though and update to a newer Mini LOL. Also need to sort out cabling, room treatment, lighting and a load of other stuff... least I have the DAC and speakers I want now, although the Opals are ultra efficient or something and I've had to order a couple of 20db in line attenuators as otherwise I'm having to go heavy on the NAD's digital volume to get reasonable listening levels.

Oct 27, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #8,571 of 10,933
Here is my setup ...

Oct 27, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #8,575 of 10,933
Cougar2465, I have been considering those Alesis Monitor 1 MKII's myself.

What do you think of them?

They are great monitors - solid bass. Warmer sound than my Dynaudio focus 110a.
If you're familiar with sennheiser headphones sound, the M1 would sound like the HD650 where the Focus 110A would sound like the HD800.

I've had them for many years and have been quite happy with them - I got the Focus 110A for more hifi sound with more details.

If you don't mind using EQ, the M1 can give you good sound for a studio monitor.

Oct 27, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #8,576 of 10,933
They are great monitors - solid bass. Warmer sound than my Dynaudio focus 110a.
If you're familiar with sennheiser headphones sound, the M1 would sound like the HD650 where the Focus 110A would sound like the HD800.

I've had them for many years and have been quite happy with them - I got the Focus 110A for more hifi sound with more details.

If you don't mind using EQ, the M1 can give you good sound for a studio monitor.

Thanks for the info. I have an old pair of Alesis Monitor 1 passive monitors. They have one port on the back, and possibly different drivers, not 100% sure though. They sound pretty good, especially considering the price. The passive versions aren't highly detailed, but they do have good bass for their size.

I have been debating either eventually getting a pair of these, or possibly a pair of KRK Rockits.

Thanks again for the info.  :)

Oct 27, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #8,577 of 10,933
Thanks for the info. I have an old pair of Alesis Monitor 1 passive monitors. They have one port on the back, and possibly different drivers, not 100% sure though. They sound pretty good, especially considering the price. The passive versions aren't highly detailed, but they do have good bass for their size.

I have been debating either eventually getting a pair of these, or possibly a pair of KRK Rockits.

Thanks again for the info.  :)

M1 speakers have got great price for what they are. They used to be a $1500 speakers when I got them about 10 years ago :) and still going great.

Oct 27, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #8,578 of 10,933
  Opals... dayummm 
devil_face.gif

I lucked out and managed to get a superb deal on them 2nd hand - an audiophile dude on a hi-fi forum was letting them go as although he loved them, he literally couldn't deal with the lack of box-swapping involved in a pro-audio type chain; he just HAD to be able to change amps, cables and experiment, so let them go. Still under warranty for another year, but they seem perfect bar the slight tweeter hiss you can hear up close, but I knew about that before I got them - in future I'd prefer to have them further apart and further away from me, but it's a bedroom set up for now so I'm just doing what I can with the space I have.

Nov 2, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #8,580 of 10,933

Setup look familiar? I had a lot of help selecting components, and based the overall build strategy largely on @ohhgourami testbench build. Enternal thanks.
Basically I spent much time and effort making previous closed case quiet, and open case just blows it away both thermally and sonically. It is silent in the truest sense of the word in that even when I put my ear next to the fans I hear nothing. It is also cheaper, vibrates less, and allows for better cable management and maintenance. Win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back