Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Aug 14, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #8,386 of 10,933
Mice and peripherals seem to be even more fanboy filled than graphics cards or CPUs.

Some strictly buy one company, others strictly avoid one company, etc.

I used to write reviews (roundups) and will gladly use whatever company has the best option out at the time.

Mice are pretty hit and miss, so many variables like hand size, grip, play style, button use etc. personally I cant stand most thumb buttons, but especially ambidextrous ones.

BTW here is an update of what a mionix ensis 320 looks looks like after a month of use.

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #8,387 of 10,933
I got my new keyboard today

Good choice! I have the Cherry MX Blue version. Works extremely well with my Naga Epic since the keypad is just on my mouse instead of on my keyboard
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #8,388 of 10,933
Quote:

Good choice! I have the Cherry MX Blue version. Works extremely well with my Naga Epic since the keypad is just on my mouse instead of on my keyboard
biggrin.gif

I have the blues also, love me some mx blues, I cannot believe how much nicer it feels compared to that razer blackwidow with mx blues also, I knew it was going to good, my brother has a cm storm trigger red and it is a tank also, cooler master made a video of them running over it with a lamborghini and huge pickup truck and it worked just fine afterwards. I found out the oem on the rapid is the same as filco and that they are pretty much the same board and one of the reasons why filcos are so expensive is because lack of distributors apparently (dont quote me on that :p)

The switches feel nicer somehow, the keycaps are 10x more rugged (the razers ones felt like the cheapest plastic ever) and it is solid with that really strong backplate on it.

Aug 15, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #8,389 of 10,933
Quote:
I have the blues also, love me some mx blues, I cannot believe how much nicer it feels compared to that razer blackwidow with mx blues also, I knew it was going to good, my brother has a cm storm trigger red and it is a tank also, cooler master made a video of them running over it with a lamborghini and huge pickup truck and it worked just fine afterwards. I found out the oem on the rapid is the same as filco and that they are pretty much the same board and one of the reasons why filcos are so expensive is because lack of distributors apparently (dont quote me on that :p)

The switches feel nicer somehow, the keycaps are 10x more rugged (the razers ones felt like the cheapest plastic ever) and it is solid with that really strong backplate on it.

QFR's are great for their value but I want to point out that the keycaps on the QFR and Blackwidow are pretty much the same, even the font. They're generic thin ABS keycaps. Filco's have been as low as $100, but imo they're only really worth it if you're going to mod.

Aug 15, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #8,391 of 10,933
Quote:

Mice and peripherals seem to be even more fanboy filled than graphics cards or CPUs.

Some strictly buy one company, others strictly avoid one company, etc.

I used to write reviews (roundups) and will gladly use whatever company has the best option out at the time.

This is definitely true, I seem to find that a lot of people tend to fanboy over Razer to be honest, not that it doesn't happen with other companies.  I have to say I've generally stuck to logitech, in part because of their mx500 I used long ago.  I wouldn't mind switching, but it would have to have a similar layout for back and forward buttons and probably DPI switching too, and maybe a similar shape but with more room for my pinkie, and ring fingers.

Aug 15, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #8,392 of 10,933
Quote:
Mice are pretty hit and miss, so many variables like hand size, grip, play style, button use etc. personally I cant stand most thumb buttons, but especially ambidextrous ones.

BTW here is an update of what a mionix ensis 320 looks looks like after a month of use.

O.O  I've had my Func Surface 1030(classic) for like 7 years and it doesn't look that bad...and I think it cost me like $15ish.  and it came with a metal case(for LAN's I guess).

Aug 16, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #8,393 of 10,933
Quote:
This is definitely true, I seem to find that a lot of people tend to fanboy over Razer to be honest, not that it doesn't happen with other companies.  I have to say I've generally stuck to logitech, in part because of their mx500 I used long ago.  I wouldn't mind switching, but it would have to have a similar layout for back and forward buttons and probably DPI switching too, and maybe a similar shape but with more room for my pinkie, and ring fingers.

It is true, although (I don't really think I need to say this) I am not a razer fanboy, I got the deathadder which to this day I still think is one of the best mice ever made, I then bought a razer blackwidow because it was 55 dollars, there wasn't a single mech keyboard in the price range brand new so I just had to buy it to get me into the door for mechanical keyboards. I then needed a mousepad, a big mousepad for my desk because it's glass and I didn't want my keyboard scratching it so naturally I got the goliathus.

I have never recommended a razer keyboard to anyone, it's just not good value when at full msrp.

I more so like to make pairs with my stuff, I am incredibly OCD when it comes to things like that, it would take far too long to describe all the things in my room that I have put far too much thought into. :p

BTW the Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (blues) is on sale on amazon right now for 59.99 with a 15 dollar MIR, that brings it down to 44.99 after rebate, insane price even before the rebate, I got amazon to partially refund me so I am happy :D

Aug 16, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #8,394 of 10,933
Yeah, the deathadder has to be one of the most popular gaming mice in history.  Besides that I think the MX500 is probably the only other mouse that I can think of that gained similar popularity, and I think that was mostly for it's shape as logitech has really stuck to that same shape for some time now.

I'm definitely looking to get into a mechanical keyboard, though think brown switches sound more like something I might like(can't test mechanical keyboards anywhere
frown.gif
).  But I currently have the logitech G510 so I kind of don't want to give up my G keys, and the only other mechanical keyboard I know of right now with G keys is the K95 from corsair, but only red switches(even though they made brown and blue switch K70's).  Funny thing is I really use my G keys more for things like keyboard shortcuts in windows that I use but not as often as something like ctrl+c(so they aren't memorized). 

Aug 16, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #8,395 of 10,933
Quote:
Yeah, the deathadder has to be one of the most popular gaming mice in history.  Besides that I think the MX500 is probably the only other mouse that I can think of that gained similar popularity, and I think that was mostly for it's shape as logitech has really stuck to that same shape for some time now.

I'm definitely looking to get into a mechanical keyboard, though think brown switches sound more like something I might like(can't test mechanical keyboards anywhere
frown.gif
).  But I currently have the logitech G510 so I kind of don't want to give up my G keys, and the only other mechanical keyboard I know of right now with G keys is the K95 from corsair, but only red switches(even though they made brown and blue switch K70's).  Funny thing is I really use my G keys more for things like keyboard shortcuts in windows that I use but not as often as something like ctrl+c(so they aren't memorized). 

I only used copy, paste, play/pause, mute, and something else for my shortcut keys on the blackwidow so it made no sense to keep lol... 

As far as what you have said, the logitech G710+ sounds like a perfect match, 6 physical G keys with 3 profiles so up to 18 macros between the profiles, it has cherry mb brown keys, it has O-Rings installed from the factory, media keys and volume wheel, numberpad, its backlit on top of that, and it comes with a wrist rest. :p 

Aug 18, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #8,397 of 10,933
Quote:
Ok guys, thought I'd post my computer rig as I've changed my whole pc and some peripherals since last time of post.
I decided its best to take pic of my current state for a more... natural? look~

Are you using Peerless 830986 in that speaker as a bass/midrange? 

If, then I wonder how they sound with the tweeter? And how is the d' appolito designed? Is it both bass drivers playing same frequencies or second driver handling only the bass?

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #8,398 of 10,933
Quote:
Are you using Peerless 830986 in that speaker as a bass/midrange? 

If, then I wonder how they sound with the tweeter? And how is the d' appolito designed? Is it both bass drivers playing same frequencies or second driver handling only the bass?

Sorry Im not a DIYer, I bought the floorstanders being impressed after listening to them at my local shop. It's Dayens Tizo Plus if you want to check it out// http://www.dayens.rs/eng_tizo_plus.html and also the 6moons for an in-depth review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back