Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Aug 8, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #8,371 of 10,933
Quote:
Q6600 is not even a Core 2 Duo. Also don't forget that Crysis came out in 2007. The 8800GT might be $60 now, but it was the GTX770 of 2007. In '07 I remember having a 7600GT and wanting a 8800 but it was way too expensive. Time flies. 
rolleyes.gif

Don't think I could have said it better.  Until I got my GTX460 I had an 8800GT and that thing rocked compared to the 7800GT I had before it.  I could play crysis on the 7800, but the part inside the alien ship lagged like crazy, once I got the 8800 it was fine.  This was also on an AMD socket 939 I think 3800+ something or other at 2.0GHz(OC'd to 2.4GHz).

Aug 13, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #8,374 of 10,933
Not an amazing picture, 1st try, it was okay so I am going to roll with it. (flash/viewing angle messed with the right monitor, nothing is wrong with it, so dont say that lol)

I most recently modded my razer deathadder black edition because the coating was rubbing off so I just painted it, I liked it so I bought a cooler master quickfire that I am going to paint the same color/trick out with blank keys and I will be selling my current razer blackwidow because I still hate razer after my mouse did that after 6 months of light use... It's baller though! 
biggrin.gif
 (I am keeping the mouse, but replacing the keyboard to summarize)

I also bought a triple monitor stand a couple days ago, it was terrible so I shipped it back today. :frowning2:

Aug 13, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #8,375 of 10,933
Quote:
Not an amazing picture, 1st try, it was okay so I am going to roll with it. (flash/viewing angle messed with the right monitor, nothing is wrong with it, so dont say that lol)

I most recently modded my razer deathadder black edition because the coating was rubbing off so I just painted it, I liked it so I bought a cooler master quickfire that I am going to paint the same color/trick out with blank keys and I will be selling my current razer blackwidow because I still hate razer after my mouse did that after 6 months of light use... It's baller though! 
biggrin.gif

What kind of Graphic card are you using in your setup? 

Aug 13, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #8,377 of 10,933
I most recently modded my Razer Deathadder Black Edition because the coating was rubbing off, so I just painted it

How did you take apart the mouse to do this? I would like to do something similar with my Razer Naga Epic.

Aug 14, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #8,380 of 10,933
Quote:
biggrin.gif

I also bought a triple monitor stand a couple days ago, it was terrible so I shipped it back today. :frowning2:

Wow, I love the mouse.
Still don't like Razer, and I would never pay for a Razer product, but this looks really nice.
You should try it with a good mouse, like the M90 or M95. I'd love to see how it looks.

Aug 14, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #8,381 of 10,933
Quote:

Wow, I love the mouse.
Still don't like Razer, and I would never pay for a Razer product, but this looks really nice.
You should try it with a good mouse, like the M90 or M95. I'd love to see how it looks.

I don't like razer either, which is the reason I am getting rid of the keyboard and possibly the mousepad (I got the KB for like 55 dollars brand new, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it) but to say their mice are bad just seems out of line. All their audio and keyboards aren't good, but I do think the deathadder is one of the best mice out there, I was going to buy a different mouse, but nothing compels me to do so. I think razer is only good at making mice, the deathadder and naga are two amazing mice in my eyes.

Quote:
What is that glossy coat you used to preserve the paint on your Deathadder?

It was a krylon clear coat acrylic, I might have to redo it, I put around 6 coats on it but it isn't as hard as I would have hoped, it works, but I want something that is a little harder.

Aug 14, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #8,382 of 10,933

Razer doesn't make good mice? This is a new one for me.

Let's take the Razer Naga Epic for an example here; go ahead and find me another mouse that not only has a fully functioning numerical keypad on the side, but can operate in both wired and wireless modes. Don't forget that it has to fit my hand properly, which the Naga has no problem doing because it has three different shaping attachments. I'll wait.
wink.gif

Aug 14, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #8,383 of 10,933
Quote:

Razer doesn't make good mice? This is a new one for me.

Let's take the Razer Naga Epic for an example here; go ahead and find me another mouse that not only has a fully functioning numerical keypad on the side, but can operate in both wired and wireless modes. Don't forget that it has to fit my hand properly, which the Naga has no problem doing because it has three different shaping attachments. I'll wait.
wink.gif

Mice and peripherals seem to be even more fanboy filled than graphics cards or CPUs.

Some strictly buy one company, others strictly avoid one company, etc.

I used to write reviews (roundups) and will gladly use whatever company has the best option out at the time.

Aug 14, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #8,384 of 10,933
Really never has been a point in fanboying in either direction towards a company. Good companies make bad products. Bad companies make good products. Nothing is set in stone. Going to buy a monitor when I move back home in a week, I'll post pictures then :3 deciding whether to make that 3 or give my dad my 19".

Aug 14, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #8,385 of 10,933
I got my new keyboard today, I will be giving it the paint treatment within the next few weeks and I will get all black blank keycaps as well. Should look nice, I need to find a new mousepad maybe, I think the razers green looks really ugly now that I have painted the mouse..

Anyone know of a musepad like the goliathus that has similar dimensions that is just black?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back