Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Apr 20, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #8,176 of 10,933
Hi all! Been a while since i've posted on this thread.. so i may as well take this opportunity to also play with my new Fuji X20!

well, not much has changed, honestly! just a new stand for my Macbook Pro (early 2011) and my new Duorest chair! :p

more pics,

Apr 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #8,178 of 10,933

Nice Clean Setup... i like this, perhaps you could give me some tips as i have cables hanging from everywhere... getting into my desk is a mission..
regular_smile .gif

Apr 20, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #8,179 of 10,933
Quote:
Nice Clean Setup... i like this, perhaps you could give me some tips as i have cables hanging from everywhere... getting into my desk is a mission..
regular_smile%20.gif

Thanks. I use zip ties and adhesive brackets that I picked up from home depot. They look like this, and they have a sticky pad on the other side. I have them running up the backside of the desk legs and then bundled together. The speaker stands are hollow and the cables run through those and out the base.

Apr 23, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #8,181 of 10,933
Quote:
Hi all, Mark from Sacramento, Ca. I just heard about Head-FI.org today through a Tech Show, and I didn't know this site was this active. I'm in the market for some new headphones, and what a place to come learn about them all. I have sort of a interesting gear setup, and wanted to share a pic of what I'm using. Some of you Tech-Heads might have seen this mother board from Aopen from early 2000, and I happen to get my hands on one few years back. Had to replace all the board caps, but that was easy for me to do. I call this pic computer meets tube amp. This picture was taken back in 2007, but since then that Chinese tube amp transformer has burnt up, and the computer was just recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 32bit. it's only a Intel Pentium 4 2.8ghz 533mhz bus with 2gigs of memory. I'm currently looking for the Pentium 4 3.4 CPU for this board, it's a bit dated motherboard for nowadays, but I use it for playing music, so it does just fine. I'll have some more detailed pictures coming up soon. I just joined tonight, so sorry for such a grainy picture.

So rare to see others with that motherboard.  I used it for my first ever build back in 2003.  I never got the sound from the tube to work well though =( (barely powers my grados sr80's).  Died out of the blue a couple of years back =/.  Is yours still working?

Can't seem to be able to post pictures (are there minimum requirements in this forum?) I just put up my collection in my g+ album  (http://goo.gl/DsxtE)

Great forum, I'd just wish I'd found it sooner.

Apr 24, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #8,182 of 10,933
My current rig

May 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #8,188 of 10,933
Quote:

Velodyne DD-10 Plus

Nice! I own the VX-11, which i don't think they sell anymore, and its great. With owning one of their "budget models" and being so impressed, I would love to hear one of their higher tier ones.

May 4, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #8,190 of 10,933

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back