Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Mar 31, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #8,132 of 10,930
Mar 31, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #8,134 of 10,930
Quote:
Quote:
Its worth a shot. :) Let us know.

The problem is, I don't have braces anymore :p
Now I need to approach a kid with braces, or just randomly walk into an orthodontist clinic. In both cases I might be seen as a pedophile.

Hahaha. Well good luck. Years ago I had braces and had tons of those rubber bands sitting around. I'm sure if you find someone with braces they'll be able to give you several.

Apr 1, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #8,137 of 10,930

This is my rig it's currently dead at the moment there's no motherboard in the cm storm 2.I'm most proud of my speaker stands two cinder blocks which i painted black there's also two plastic cutting boards between them just for protection thanks for looking
size]

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #8,140 of 10,930

Here's my computer system. Laptop to HT.

Apr 5, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #8,141 of 10,930
I already posted this in the Full-sized headphones thread, but I guess it also qualifies here. I have a FiiO E7 behind the stand as a DAC only feeding the Little Dot I+.
I just made the stand yesterday. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

Apr 5, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #8,142 of 10,930
Quote:
I already posted this in the Full-sized headphones thread, but I guess it also qualifies here. I have a FiiO E7 behind the stand as a DAC only feeding the Little Dot I+.

Is that the RT or the PRO? I have the RT, love mine! Great for my studies and browsing!

Apr 5, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #8,143 of 10,930
Its the RT. The Pro is nice but I don't need any special "legacy" software on my portable tablet. I'll take half the price and twice the battery life of RT. So much more capable than the iPad it replaced. A nice bonus is that you can plug in an external DAC or soundcard and Windows recognizes it and its ready to go (as long as it can function as a standard audio device and doesn't require special drivers).

Apr 5, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #8,144 of 10,930
Beautiful rigs here.
I've been ripping my CD's into PC's for over a decade. I don't even have a dedicated CD player anymore - haven't for years. As soon as I get a CD I rip it to WAV into my music drive, then store the physical disc away. I have several PC's around my home and all have access to my shared networked drives that contain my music. This room here is my home office. It's tweaked for 2 channel stereo playback but also does 5.1 surround quite well. This rooms DIY build HTPC is an AMD 8 core, 32 gigs RAM on a Sabertooth mobo, 128 gig SSD for OS, and a 500 gig hard drive for programs, and wrapped in a Silverstone case. It's quite overkill for just music playback. My music files are FLAC rips, or hi-rez HDtracks downloads of 24/96 and 24/192. The audio for my music rides on a dedicated USB card (separate from the system USB) and onto a Musical Fidelity V-link async converter, then to an Emotiva XDA external DAC. Cables are AudioQuest USB and XLR. The media software I use is J. River. I've tried a lot of media players but none has come close to the sound quality that J. River provides. All control is done by an ELO touchscreen monitor on my desk within easy reach. J. River runs in Theater View mode so navigation is flawless on the touchscreen. As for movies, I do have several Bluray rips of music concerts on this HTPC, and are viewed on the 2nd 55" LCD wall monitor. When playing 5.1 surround sound movies the output is thru SPDIF to my Krell Showcase preamp where it does the decoding. Amplification is by McIntosh and speakers are B&W, with MIT speaker cables. The HTPC is on the rack with the rest of the audio gear. The desktop "everyday" PC is a separate DIY build which is also an 8 core AMD on a sabertooth mobo. USB out to a Tascam DAC, then to a Little Dot mkIII headphone amp for my AKG cans and my Monster Cable Turbine Copper Pro's IEM, or the desktop CV monitors.

All in all the sound is more than impressive - certainly equal to physical CD's, and even better with the HDtrack downloads.

Jimmy

Apr 5, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #8,145 of 10,930
I love you Surface setup! Can't wait for Surface 2!

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back