Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Mar 24, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #8,101 of 10,932
Quote:
Almost had the all-black award coming, but that keyboard and mouse have to go!!
wink.gif

o2smile.gif

Mar 25, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #8,103 of 10,932
Quote:

Nice setup. I really like those speakers. How good is Tubemagic A1 driving those speakers? Is that a quality amp?

Thanks.The A1 is really a find, does not get nearly enough press it deserves. It drives Wharfdale's very well in my small office, they replace a old Denon integrated amp, and blows it away. The headphone stage is more of find , pure tube (while the integrated amp is a hybrid) use with Raytheon 6AK5W tubes. It is at least as good as Little Dot MKIII (not as good as X-Can v8).

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #8,107 of 10,932
Quote:
Thanks.The A1 is really a find, does not get nearly enough press it deserves. It drives Wharfdale's very well in my small office, they replace a old Denon integrated amp, and blows it away. The headphone stage is more of find , pure tube (while the integrated amp is a hybrid) use with Raytheon 6AK5W tubes. It is at least as good a Little Dot MKIII (not as good as X-Can v8).

Agreed- the A1 is a great deal- $200 to drive my speakers and headphones.  Once you upgrade the tubes it is very good for the price!

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #8,109 of 10,932
Quote:

Sorry for the late reply, it's a Humanscale M8.

Hmm very nice! Monitor mount is definitely next on my list of upgrades. This way I can keep the vents of the M-DAC free. Any suggestions for my dual-monitor setup shown above? My concerns are: I need both monitors to articulate, the space between my desk and the wall, and hopefully cheaper than those Humanscale mounts.

Mar 26, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #8,110 of 10,932
Quote:

Hmm very nice! Monitor mount is definitely next on my list of upgrades. This way I can keep the vents of the M-DAC free. Any suggestions for my dual-monitor setup shown above? My concerns are: I need both monitors to articulate, the space between my desk and the wall, and hopefully cheaper than those Humanscale mounts.

Dell Dual monitor mount-anodized aluminium and steel.
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=332-1236

Mar 27, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #8,111 of 10,932
Quote:
Dell Dual monitor mount-anodized aluminium and steel.
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=332-1236

I was considering that stand so I can reclaim some table space with my 2 x 24" monitors sitting on my fairly shallow L-shaped desk.  Seems well made.  

Mar 27, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #8,112 of 10,932
Quote:

Well, you mentioned cost, but the M8 is really the best monitor arm on the market. It can support a load of 40lbs and still glide with ease. Humanscale makes a Crossbar accessory for the M8 for dual monitors. It also uses a proprietary spring assembly design for the lift instead of a cheaper gas cylinder so it will last longer and is more durable. The M8 Crossbar allows you to slide, tilt, pivot, and swivel each monitor so you've got a big range of adjustibility.

The cost is worth it, these arms have a 10-year parts & labor warranty.

Mar 29, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #8,113 of 10,932
My current set-up

Mar 29, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #8,114 of 10,932
Quote:
I also had the brown switches, but I did like the blues better. However those blues are way too loud man. Especially if you live in a studio appartment with your girlfriend. 

I ended up with the reds, and quite like them. I do have to get used to the attenuation point because I still bottom out.

O-ring dampeners help with the bottoming out and the noise.

Mar 29, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #8,115 of 10,932
I've posted before a couple years ago but have done upgrades since. My rig is as follows:

Case- Corsair 700D
Motherboard- Asus P67
CPU- Intel 2600k @ Stock Clock/ Asetek Liquid Cooler system
RAM- 16GB Corsair DDR3 @ 1600MHz w/Corsair RAM Fan
GPU- X2 Nvidia GTX EVGA 660Ti Superclocked FTW Edition w/3GB of VRAM in SLI (Nobody needs 6GB of VRAM but I have to compensate for my small penis somehow)
Soundcard- Creative ZxR (installed 3 days ago. LOVE this card. Powers my DT880 superbly)
HDD- Seagate 1.5TB 7200RPM for OS/ X4 2TB Seagate drives for storage (9&1/2 TB total)
Display- 52" Sharp Quattron LED HDTV
Sound- Yamaha 5.1 (old and soon to be upgraded)
Keyboard/Mouse- Razer Lycosa Keyboard and Razer Mamba Mouse
Gamepad- Razer Onza
Wheel- Logitech G27 (love me some sim racing)
Main PC Headphone- Beyerdynamic DT880 and as stated above, the ZxR soundcard powers it fantastically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back