Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Apr 26, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #6,977 of 10,930
Some poor iPhone 4 shots of my desktop workstation.

Not sure why the 1st image is rotated.

PC: Dell XPS8300 Core i7-2600, GTX465 vid card, 16GB RAM

Apr 26, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #6,978 of 10,930
It happens from iPhones for some reason (at least it did with mine as well). My new Galaxy Note works fine no matter what orientation they were taken in.

Apr 26, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #6,979 of 10,930
^ Another BT fan I see.

Apr 27, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #6,982 of 10,930
Hi long time lurker here, got a quick question.

For all you guys using the output of the sound card to go to both your headphone amps/dacs AND the pc desktop speakers, how is it connected? Is it soundcard -> splitter -> headphone amp AND powered desktop speakers?

Apr 27, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #6,984 of 10,930
It's always best to bypass you soundcard with digital out, and let the external gear crunch the numbers.

Digital Out FTW

Apr 27, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #6,985 of 10,930

Quote:
It's always best to bypass you soundcard with digital out, and let the external gear crunch the numbers.

Digital Out FTW

IF the soundcard in question doesn't happen to have quality analog outputs.

Apr 27, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #6,986 of 10,930

Quote:
TBU and THM are my 1 and 2 albums of all time. The man is brilliant.
There have been a lot of us lately with his album coming up (and 2 more later in the year). Especially in the Electronic thread.
I can only assume you are too.

I did not know he was releasing another one.  I have both of the ones you mentioned and will keep an eye out for his new ones.  What's the link to that thread?

Apr 27, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #6,987 of 10,930
http://www.head-fi.org/t/544388/electronic-music-exchange-house-dnb-dubstep-etc

Come on in and link some of your favorites. There's a lot of Dubstep and DnB in there, but there's plenty of Trance and Chill stuff, too. 

He actually has 3 albums coming out this year. The follow up to TBU, a new album described on his site as 'M83 time stretched', and the mix compilation 'Laptop Symphony'.

http://www.btmusic.com/brian-transeau/press/breaking-news/382-update-on-new-music-releases-part-1-of-2.html

If you head to his Soundcloud he actually has a song from each posted (3 songs total 2 of which are downloadable in AIFF)

I don't think you get how excited I am for the next few months. :D

Quote:

Quote:
TBU and THM are my 1 and 2 albums of all time. The man is brilliant.
There have been a lot of us lately with his album coming up (and 2 more later in the year). Especially in the Electronic thread.
I can only assume you are too.

I did not know he was releasing another one.  I have both of the ones you mentioned and will keep an eye out for his new ones.  What's the link to that thread?

Apr 28, 2012 at 6:59 AM Post #6,988 of 10,930

Quote:
No case, as you can see - in fact it may add to SQ - no nasty reflections bouncing around, plus -not clear in pic but PSU is app 700mm from mobo-again less chance of neg interference
RE: the JPLAY references, maybe Foobar is upset that JPLAY makes it sound much better than Foobar managed
I use JPLAY, JRiver for casual, background listening and JPLAY mini with full hibernate mode for serious sessions - nothing I've heard comes close

"no nasty reflections bouncing around"

Sorry but this sounds completely ridiculous. Can you explain this in more detail?

Apr 28, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #6,989 of 10,930

Quote:
"no nasty reflections bouncing around"

Sorry but this sounds completely ridiculous. Can you explain this in more detail?

I think he is referring to RFI being reflected off metal panels in a computer case and then picked back up by cables and PCB traces on the motherboard.  Unless you are running a graphics card or noisy internal HDD I would highly recommend running an open case with a passive CPU heatsink if your CPU selection will allow - it is just more efficient and simple as you don't need case fans, and will probably reduce the amount of RFI/EMI being transmitted to the USB receiver of your stereo equipment.  OF course if someone has the engineering knowledge to be able to run off some calculations to show the magnitude these effects may be having that would be great, most computer-as-transport tweakers seem to be a little vague in the numbers/figures department.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back