Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Apr 5, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #6,916 of 10,933
It's an ATCS 840. The stock cooling was not optimal so I had to do a lot of work to get the setup just right. The Panaflo's are just as powerful and quiet as Gentle Typhoons when undervolted, but leave the option for cranking them when needed. The U1BXs have a faint ticking sound when undervolted but when the case is closed it can't be heard from the front. The U1BXs and H1BXs have a slightly different sound so the H70 and GPU airflow fans can be adjusted by ear.

Apr 6, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #6,917 of 10,933
First time posting in here, there are so many fantastic and tasteful rigs on show. Here's my humble student set up:

17" Macbook Pro 2011 model, stock.
Straight out to Swans M200 MKIII (just arrived, god they are gorgeous both aesthetically and in terms of sound)

Also pictured (in fuzzy shallow depth of field), iPhone 3G, Westone 4 and my watch.

Not pictured: 240GB iPod 5.5G (going to sell it soon), ancient 1GB iPod shuffle, Kramer and Senn pad modded Koss PortaPros.

I really need a bigger desk. Hopefully my new flat in June will bring more space and lower rent!

Next gear goal that I'm saving up for is the Apogee Duet 2, as that is probably going to yield the best sound quality bump for both my speakers and Westones. Someone tell me if they have better ideas for the next step though :)

Apr 6, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #6,919 of 10,933
Beautiful speakers! I'd love to hear your impressions. I could use some quality desktop speakers ($20 altec lansings are fine for me right now for music if I need to), but I could use some money too :)

Quote:
First time posting in here, there are so many fantastic and tasteful rigs on show. Here's my humble student set up:

[pic]

17" Macbook Pro 2011 model, stock.
Straight out to Swans M200 MKIII (just arrived, god they are gorgeous both aesthetically and in terms of sound)

Also pictured (in fuzzy shallow depth of field), iPhone 3G, Westone 4 and my watch.

Not pictured: 240GB iPod 5.5G (going to sell it soon), ancient 1GB iPod shuffle, Kramer and Senn pad modded Koss PortaPros.

I really need a bigger desk. Hopefully my new flat in June will bring more space and lower rent!

Next gear goal that I'm saving up for is the Apogee Duet 2, as that is probably going to yield the best sound quality bump for both my speakers and Westones. Someone tell me if they have better ideas for the next step though :)

Apr 6, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #6,920 of 10,933
Quote:
Beautiful speakers! I'd love to hear your impressions. I could use some quality desktop speakers ($20 altec lansings are fine for me right now for music if I need to), but I could use some money too :)

Thanks! I will report back in this thread after a few more days - to let them burn in, and to allow me to maximise them via positioning, shoddy attempts at acoustic treatment and Amarra tweaking.

I will say this though, they wipe the floor with my MS40s. Just a different league entirely. And I thought those were pretty good for the 2 years that they fed my ears!

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #6,922 of 10,933
My computer RIG: Apple iMac -> AR-T Legato -> Maxx Havana (MHDT LAB) -> eXStatA (by Alex Cavalli) -> STAX SR-404LE (Limited Edition)
Cables: Audioquest Colorado, Power cords: Clearer Audio Alpha CoperLine (with Furutech IEC), Filter: Fisch Audiotechnick

Apr 8, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #6,927 of 10,933

Quote:
otaku keyboards are cool o.o
Looks like a Filco Ninja lolol, it's got the lettering on the bottom of the keys. Large enter is confusing though.

Could be a Das Keyboard Ultimate, but the small frame means its not.

Curiously, I find the short enter key to be confusing are far from useful. But then again, different keyboard layouts have different enter keys.

Apr 8, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #6,928 of 10,933
Its the ISO layout, which is standard here in the UK, including a larger enter key, small left shift and 1 extra key. 
Take a look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout

...and yes its the Filco Majestouch Ninja, with Brown Switches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back