Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jan 26, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #6,091 of 10,933
just my simple setup

img20120126220517.jpg

img20120126221510.jpg

Jan 26, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #6,092 of 10,933
just my simple setup

Jan 27, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #6,093 of 10,933
 heres my minor setup... just got the e9 and akg q701s. Had a 27" second monitor but just sold it to my buddy because I want to get three of the same size monitors. The box by the e9 is a DAC destroyer and yes I know I need an actual headphone stand lol. Probably just going to get a woo audio stand sometime soon. 

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #6,095 of 10,933
 heres my minor setup... just got the e9 and akg q701s. Had a 27" second monitor but just sold it to my buddy because I want to get three of the same size monitors. The box by the e9 is a DAC destroyer and yes I know I need an actual headphone stand lol. Probably just going to get a woo audio stand sometime soon. 

Nice entry level setup.
Always nice to see a BlackWidow-bro too.

Triple monitor setups are awesome. I have three different sized ones, and even then the benefits are absolutely huge.
I would suggest getting a bigger desk first though.

Jan 27, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #6,096 of 10,933

Quote:
Nice entry level setup.
Always nice to see a BlackWidow-bro too.
Triple monitor setups are awesome. I have three different sized ones, and even then the benefits are absolutely huge.
I would suggest getting a bigger desk first though.

Thanks! Yeah I like the black widow a lot. I was originally  going to get the one with backlit keys but I had a newegg giftcard and thise one was on sale so I got it for about 5 dollars haha.
Yeah I do miss having my second monitor so I will be getting one as soon as possible. I didn't mind the different sizes for two screens but I want to do eye finity so figured it would be best with the same size screens. 

Jan 27, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #6,097 of 10,933

Quote:
Thanks! Yeah I like the black widow a lot. I was originally  going to get the one with backlit keys but I had a newegg giftcard and thise one was on sale so I got it for about 5 dollars haha.
Yeah I do miss having my second monitor so I will be getting one as soon as possible. I didn't mind the different sizes for two screens but I want to do eye finity so figured it would be best with the same size screens. 

i think they have to be the same size for eyefinity to work 

Jan 27, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #6,099 of 10,933

Quote:
You have your speakers setup like how I was thinking.... how does it sound like that and also what desk is that

The desk is by scan design.  I bought it almost 15 years ago, so regrettably I don't think they make it anymore.  As for the setup, I enjoy having the speakers where they are as they give off a nice presentation while maintaining a nice soundstage.  The monitor in the middle isn't ideal, but frankly I haven't noticed much drop off in terms of imaging and detail. In a perfect setting I'd go near field, but the speakers are simply too big for that.  For office listening, I find the whole setup ideal.  If I had smaller speakers though, I'd likely have them sitting on my desk.

Jan 27, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #6,100 of 10,933

imac 27 + elgato eyetv hybrid II tv tuner
matrix mini-i
tivoli audio model two + model subwoofer
Sennheiser HD-650

Greetings from Greece!i am thinking of changing my matrix mini-i dac/amplifier and the tivoli audio as speakers system and i tend to pick the xtz mh-800 DSP. Does anyone ever tried it? Is it possible to have a feedback for it as a headphones amplifier? The specifications are terrific, and xtz tends to be the most value for money company. Any tip or information is welcomed, and also comments for my set up

Jan 27, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #6,101 of 10,933
Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry for your wallet! :wink:
Setup looks enjoyable, I'd like it as my man cave from the looks of it! And not sure about the amp, but if you were planning on buying another one what would be your budget?

Quote:

imac 27 + elgato eyetv hybrid II tv tuner
matrix mini-i
tivoli audio model two + model subwoofer
Sennheiser HD-650

Greetings from Greece!i am thinking of changing my matrix mini-i dac/amplifier and the tivoli audio as speakers system and i tend to pick the xtz mh-800 DSP. Does anyone ever tried it? Is it possible to have a feedback for it as a headphones amplifier? The specifications are terrific, and xtz tends to be the most value for money company. Any tip or information is welcomed, and also comments for my set up

Jan 27, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #6,102 of 10,933
i am a regular reader of the forum but never attempted to participate. Our wallet is draining out really fast! I am thinking of selling both matrix mini-i and the tivoli audio set plus the subwoofer, so my budget would be aprox 600euros or $700, the xtz mh-800 is exactly at that price range.

Jan 28, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #6,104 of 10,933
Quote:
@slidesear, I love it!  I must ask, what monitor do you use and also what monitor stand is that?

The monitor is a Dell U2711.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back