Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jan 20, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #6,046 of 10,933
Not as impressive as everyone's else on here, but I wanted to do a pic update as the last one I took was terrible.  I apologize for quality.

Still a lot more updates to come..I'm planning on a new (Ikea) desk, an office chair (by this weekend), a Woo Audio Single or Dual stand, an HD 598, along with the JDS Labs Cmoy.  Also planning on a new modem as this one is old.  The speaker system will be going to my cousin as I plan on grabbing either studio monitors, bookshelves, or either some Swans or Audioengine A2s.  Plus I am in desperate need of new monitor.  This one is nice, just too small for me.

Jan 20, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #6,051 of 10,933

Quote:
I've heard that's a tough case to squeeze a heavy gaming rig into.

It's not so much the case as the NH-D14. The D14 makes it incredibly tough to remove any video card that has a backplate. The easiest way to remove a card would be to to remove the D14's 140mm to access the PCI-E release mechanism, but that's not even possible with the card in the way. Getting the 6990 out was an absolute nightmare..

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #6,052 of 10,933
It's not so much the case as the NH-D14. The D14 makes it incredibly tough to remove any video card that has a backplate. The easiest way to remove a card would be to to remove the D14's 140mm to access the PCI-E release mechanism, but that's not even possible with the card in the way. Getting the 6990 out was an absolute nightmare..

Some designers don't make any sense.

Jan 20, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #6,053 of 10,933
I reorganized a bit and added the Little dot. I love the look of a minimalist desk. I've been able to hide most of the cords. Unfortunately I don't have my Nikon at school, and my iphone camera isn't working, so my ipad will do (Apple Overload!!)

I want to get a pair of matching screens in the future, as well as a nice entry-level set of bookshelf speakers.

Oh and I will also hopefully have a set of sr80i's on a similar headphone stand here within a month.

Jan 20, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #6,054 of 10,933

Just a few questions:  What type of headphone stand is that?  I remember seeing a bananna stand at Wal-Mart a few months back that looked just like your headphone stand.  Lol.  My other question is how does the HD 280 sound with the Little Dot?

Anyways, very nice setup indeed.  Very clean and simple.
Quote:
I reorganized a bit and added the Little dot. I love the look of a minimalist desk. I've been able to hide most of the cords. Unfortunately I don't have my Nikon at school, and my iphone camera isn't working, so my ipad will do (Apple Overload!!)

I want to get a pair of matching screens in the future, as well as a nice entry-level set of bookshelf speakers.

Oh and I will also hopefully have a set of sr80i's on a similar headphone stand here within a month.

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #6,055 of 10,933

(M-Audio CX5's and Velodyne VX10 are powered by an Asus Xonar STX)

(Desktop and sub woofer are behind my desk)

(Looks cleaner when not looking under the desk)

Jan 21, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #6,056 of 10,933

This is my computer sound setup.

The computer is a self built unit with Core i7 920 processor stock clock but undervolted from 1.2 volts down to 1.0 volts. Huge reduction of heat & noise. I'm running with 24 GB ram, 2 Intel 80GB SSD drives in hardware RAID 0 plus 2 1TB drive also in software based RAID 0. Nvidia 550TI video card, modded Asus Essense STX audio card  driving modded M-Audio BX5 speaker with Modded Tannoy TS10 sub augmenting the BX5 in the bass below 50Hz. The case is a Cooler Master full tower case with 2 200mm fans plus 1 120mm fan all running at the slowest speed possable. Even with hard benchmarking of this system the fans hardly ever speed up audibly.

All mods done to all audio amps include D.C. coupling & removal of subsonic filters in speakers as well as bypassing ther power supply caps with large value noninductive wound metalized film caps (Mylar).

I might add that this is a very transperant system that sounds nothing like the way they did stock (not very transperant at all due mostly to the speaker amps).

Did anouther mod to the Sub to lower the minimum crossover frequency to 25Hz. This allows me to use the crossover somwhat as an EQ in order to extend the low frequency response to a very usable 16 HZ. By setting it to 25Hz & turning up the vulume on the sub to where it blends with the satelites I get a good blend where it does not muddy the sound of the satelites & I get really extended bass in the proccess. By crossing over below the resonance of the subwoofer the response is still pretty flat on the sub up to about 40Hz as the sub is more efficient as it comes up to the resonance frequency.

Jan 21, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #6,057 of 10,933
Just some update of my desktop activities:

Apple iMac ->
Musical Fidelity V-DAC/Squeezebox classic ->
Rega DAC ->
Burson Audio HA-160 ->
Beyerdynamic DT-880 (600 Ohms)

Also shown are:

Wireworld USB cable (ultraviolet)
VdH Optocoupler
Ixos coaxial cable
and by far the most expensive (more than a DAC)
Gryphon Guideline mkII red interconnect

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #6,058 of 10,933

Quote:

(M-Audio CX5's and Velodyne VX10 are powered by an Asus Xonar STX)

(Desktop and sub woofer are behind my desk)

(Looks cleaner when not looking under the desk)

I like that desk, what type is that? Is it from IKEA?

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #6,059 of 10,933
Destroys all- nailed it. It's that same banana stand, I hammered the hook straight and sprayed it black. 

Also,I've not actually used the 280son the LD because they are always at work. If I give them a shot I'll let you know. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back