Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Dec 25, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #5,971 of 10,933

Quote:
A small update which I had a while already.. Audioengine A2's for my limited space. Merry Christmas everyone and have a good holiday season. :)

For a second that didn't look at all like an HD650 and was pondering over what it could possibly be. Then I noticed you had stretched the headphone to the max and that's why it looked so different.

Dec 28, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #5,972 of 10,933

Quote:
Swans M50W & Edifier S730D
IMG_2425.jpg

lately put my edifier S730D in the box..too large to play with at dorm...hahaha

FREAKING EDIFIER S730D!!! SSSSSSSSSSICK ! xD

Dec 30, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #5,973 of 10,933

Updated rig - Eastern Electric Minimax DAC, most probably gonna get a M2tech hiface EVO next.

Dec 31, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #5,977 of 10,933
jtaylor, you do have rather sharp eyes! it is indeed one.

Thank you Darknight :)

J.pocalyse, i didn't mention them cos i i think i did earlier on but i reckon people here are quite familiar with them anyway!

Happy new year to everyone!

Dec 31, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #5,978 of 10,933
What cans do you use the DV337 with? I just sold mine after I got an Audio-gd Compass that has a lot better synergy with the Senn HD650s. Synergy seems to be very improtant with these headphones. The DV wasn't bad though, just didn't love the SS, especially with tubes. I never even rolled tubes except for replacing some not available for purchase anymore tubes that I couldn't find anywhere with some cheaper ones to try to preserve them. Now I feel ignorant saying I don't like tubes after hearing one set with one amp but they were outperformed (with my 650s) by a <$300USD DAC AND AMP combo that is solid state. I'd be willing to try one again, but for now, I know my gut was right telling me that I'd like SS better for some reason. Plus, knowing that there's tube distortion dampened my peace of mind. Maybe I'll find my amp and tubes that have a perfectly clear and very detailed someday though, as I do like the look of tubes :wink:

Quote:
jtaylor, you do have rather sharp eyes! it is indeed one.

Thank you Darknight :)

J.pocalyse, i didn't mention them cos i i think i did earlier on but i reckon people here are quite familiar with them anyway!

Happy new year to everyone!

Dec 31, 2011 at 3:59 AM Post #5,979 of 10,933
jtaylor, i want to try the LCD2 with them. The Grado RS-1 (vintage model with brown leather head band and buttons) sounded great with them but unfortunately one of the drivers blew. I've sent it back to Grado but hopefully the sound doesn't change much with the new drivers!

I've always been a tube guy (2a3s being my fave - for speakers).

Tube distortion is what you want! Harmonic distrotion by tubes is what gives the music that joie de vivre! (This is coming from a tube guy of course).

But as you mentioned, it's often about matching as well. I've heard tube gear sound horrible with the wrong equipment and vice versa.

I am however, entirely happy with my Lyr + HE5 (Original version) / LCD2 rev 2...(The Lyr / HE5 is particuarlly awesome for live jazz recordings - Not so much for pop/rock but it sounds fantastic with Jazz).

Perhaps you can give the Lyr a drive seeing how it doesn't sound particuarly tube-y. But i have a feeling the power would be overkill for your 650s..

Dec 31, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #5,980 of 10,933

Quote:
(The Lyr / HE5 is particuarlly awesome for live jazz recordings - Not so much for pop/rock but it sounds fantastic with Jazz).

Take that back! Repent of that statement right now:) The Lyr + HE-5 combo is the best combo for rock/metal that I've heard to date. 

Jan 1, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #5,982 of 10,933
Yeah it would be but I want to make my next headphones some kind of ortho like a Thunderpants, HE-400/500, or maybe even an LCD2 someday!

Quote:
jtaylor, i want to try the LCD2 with them. The Grado RS-1 (vintage model with brown leather head band and buttons) sounded great with them but unfortunately one of the drivers blew. I've sent it back to Grado but hopefully the sound doesn't change much with the new drivers!

I've always been a tube guy (2a3s being my fave - for speakers).

Tube distortion is what you want! Harmonic distrotion by tubes is what gives the music that joie de vivre! (This is coming from a tube guy of course).

But as you mentioned, it's often about matching as well. I've heard tube gear sound horrible with the wrong equipment and vice versa.

I am however, entirely happy with my Lyr + HE5 (Original version) / LCD2 rev 2...(The Lyr / HE5 is particuarlly awesome for live jazz recordings - Not so much for pop/rock but it sounds fantastic with Jazz).

Perhaps you can give the Lyr a drive seeing how it doesn't sound particuarly tube-y. But i have a feeling the power would be overkill for your 650s..

Jan 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #5,983 of 10,933
Though I would throw mine up here:   B&W 805 with a Proceed PAV and Adcom GFA-545 II,   and Audeze LCD-2 through Schiit Asgard.   Sources are the Alesis io26 on my desk, and a Proceed PMDT out of sight.

Jan 7, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #5,985 of 10,933
Pinky Pie, a much needed part of any audiophiles rig :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back