Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Dec 24, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #5,960 of 10,933
I use this setup with a TV, PC, and my Squeezebox Touch, all connected with Toslink optical using a big switch to select between them all.  Too lazy to take a new photo, so I am just using the same photo I recently shot with my phone for my avatar.

Source (TV, PC, Squeezebox) => NuForce Icon HDP as DAC with LPS-1 power supply => Schiit Asgard amp => Denon D5000

I'm estimating about 2W of potential input power to the 25Ω Denon's from the Schiit depending on the current level of the 2.6 Vrms output of the Icon HDP.  With a max rating of 1.8 watts input for these headphones, I should have plenty of headroom available to permanently destroy my hearing if I get careless.  (if you are familiar with the equipment, you may be able to see in the photo that I don't really go blasting my music at deafening levels)

Dec 25, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #5,967 of 10,933

Quote:
I use this setup with a TV, PC, and my Squeezebox Touch, all connected with Toslink optical using a big switch to select between them all.  Too lazy to take a new photo, so I am just using the same photo I recently shot with my phone for my avatar.

Source (TV, PC, Squeezebox) => NuForce Icon HDP as DAC with LPS-1 power supply => Schiit Asgard amp => Denon D5000

I'm estimating about 2W of potential input power to the 25Ω Denon's from the Schiit depending on the current level of the 2.6 Vrms output of the Icon HDP.  With a max rating of 1.8 watts input for these headphones, I should have plenty of headroom available to permanently destroy my hearing if I get careless.  (if you are familiar with the equipment, you may be able to see in the photo that I don't really go blasting my music at deafening levels)

I have to ask, why do you put the Asgard on it's side like that? Aren't you afraid of it tipping over and such?

Dec 25, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #5,969 of 10,933

Quote:
I have to ask, why do you put the Asgard on it's side like that? Aren't you afraid of it tipping over and such?

It seems to be stable the way it's positioned and the owner's manual strongly recommended this orientation to optimize the cooling.  It also takes up less desk space.

Take a look at the owner's manual FAQ section online at Schiit.  

I do have to hold it with one hand when turning it on or off,  but I have not had any problems with it tipping over.  I have the rubber stick-on feet attached to help keep it stable.

Dec 25, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #5,970 of 10,933

Picture was a little yellow (gotta buy some new lamps for my room), so I turned it black and white.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back