Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Dec 7, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #5,777 of 10,932

Quote:
My eyes we're appealed more to your keyboard than your computer. 1984 keyboard, haha, it must still do the trick! (I have an old logitech keyboard).

It does the trick and then-some.. I've yet to find a better keyboard :) It actually was bought in like new condition about a year ago. I've been using it heavily, but it shows no signs of wear. The key caps are entirely replaceable, as well as the springs underneath the keys. Basically, the damn thing is indestructible. I could kill someone at a LAN party, and continue on gaming with it.. They have a solid steel plate underneath that heavy duty plastic.

Quote:

That fan looks HUGE.. Do all the HAF cases have that in common? 

Uhmmmm, Well. It can be replaced with smaller fans. The different models come with different fans, but large fans are a mainstay in HAF cases. The HAF stands for High Air Flow, after all. 

I currently have 3 fans the size of that side one in that case, one on the front, one on the side and one on the top, they are 200mm, very quiet and push a ton of air. I have a 120mm cpu cooler and 120 in the back. The 200 in the front and side push in, the 120 and 200mm on the top blow out. The 120mm cpu cooler is the only thing that makes much noise, without that it was pretty close to whisper quiet, surprising with so much air being moved around. 

My CPU is at 27 @4.1Ghz
my mobo 31
GPU 37
and HDD at 27

Just browsing head fi.. but, it doesn't get much hotter when doing intensive things. 

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #5,778 of 10,932
I had that exact same keyboard a looong time ago and will attest to it's awesomeness! 

M

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #5,782 of 10,932
Dec 10, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #5,783 of 10,932
^ Dude. That is an Epic build!  

M

Dec 10, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #5,786 of 10,932
^ no psych outs either!            
highfive.gif

M

Dec 10, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #5,787 of 10,932
Excuse the multitudes of dust and obvious speaker wiring. 

Speakers are in dire need of an upgrade, probably to Audioengine P4s, as they are some breed of ancient AudioSource speaker of which I can no longer find information. Yellow/green thing on the tower is an M-Audio Midisport, from the days they were still known as "Midiman". Receiver is a hand-me down from grandma, a Pioneer SX-780, which gives a nice warm sound regardless of being solid state.
Sub (Powered 8" from a set of Boston Acoustics BA7900 surround PC system) is plugged into headphone out for now (I know, strange setup), and the speakers into the rear. FiiO E9 serves as a preamp for this odd speaker system, the primary purpose still being a headphone amp. Powers my HD595s at the moment, but looking to upgrade to another accurate, flat response HP (Beyer DT880s? AKG K701s? 601s? Senn HD600s?).
I use the E10 as a DAC for production and music, although I do have an Essence ST (not pictured). I switch to that card for games, can't hear a big difference between the two for music though with my current setup, so I just stick with the E10 (doesn't upsample/resample like the Essence). 

Dec 10, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #5,788 of 10,932
I think this has been posted already.

EDIT: That was the "Show us your current Head-Fi rigs, no old pictures please" thread wasn't it? MY BAD!

Quote:
Excuse the multitudes of dust and obvious speaker wiring. 

Speakers are in dire need of an upgrade, probably to Audioengine P4s, as they are some breed of ancient AudioSource speaker of which I can no longer find information. Yellow/green thing on the tower is an M-Audio Midisport, from the days they were still known as "Midiman". Receiver is a hand-me down from grandma, a Pioneer SX-780, which gives a nice warm sound regardless of being solid state.
Sub (Powered 8" from a set of Boston Acoustics BA7900 surround PC system) is plugged into headphone out for now (I know, strange setup), and the speakers into the rear. FiiO E9 serves as a preamp for this odd speaker system, the primary purpose still being a headphone amp. Powers my HD595s at the moment, but looking to upgrade to another accurate, flat response HP (Beyer DT880s? AKG K701s? 601s? Senn HD600s?).
I use the E10 as a DAC for production and music, although I do have an Essence ST (not pictured). I switch to that card for games, can't hear a big difference between the two for music though with my current setup, so I just stick with the E10 (doesn't upsample/resample like the Essence). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back