Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Oct 25, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #5,613 of 10,933

Quote:
In any case I have stopped believing that it's worth it spending huge sums on money on source and amplification gear. My advice is to keep the Asus. As long as you don't hear any hissing at regular playback levels there is no practical reason to upgrade.
You might always upgrade just for the sake of upgrading.
biggrin.gif

Having invested thousands of dollars in source/amplification gear, I'd like to take the time to completely agree with this. If I could do it all over again I'd probably just go with Amarra, a powerful stereo amp and the Stradas/JH13s.

Oct 27, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #5,614 of 10,933
Quote:
True - I am somewhat tempted by the Audeze LCD-2 which would likely require an amp to do them justice, but the issue is I can't find anywhere in the UK that stocks them!

The offical Audez'e UK dealer is Decent Audio (based in Stockton-On-Tees); that's where I purchased my LCD-2. 

Oct 27, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #5,615 of 10,933

Quote:
The offical Audez'e UK dealer is Decent Audio (based in Stockton-On-Tees); that's where I purchased my LCD-2. 

Cheers, sent one of their network stores an e-mail (HifiSound). Am going to pull the trigger tomorrow I think.

Oct 27, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #5,616 of 10,933
     Quote:
Cheers, sent one of their network stores an e-mail (HifiSound). Am going to pull the trigger tomorrow I think.

I hope that by 'pulling the trigger,' you mean you are buying headphones. 
wink.gif

Simon and co. at Decent Audio/HifiSound are a pleasure to do business with.

Wishing you health to enjoy the LCD-2. 
o2smile.gif

Oct 27, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #5,617 of 10,933

Quote:
     Quote:

wink.gif

o2smile.gif

Indeed I am! Appreciate it =]

Oct 28, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #5,618 of 10,933

Quote:
oh! Alright then!

Yeah the 922 will hold just as much.

If you want to upgrade cooling, skip the all-in-one "water" cooling setups and get a cheaper high end air cooler that will be much quieter and do a better job.

If you want to go real water, I can gladly help you on a budget setup that will blow any AIO kit out of the water.  (Pun intended :p)

Oct 28, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #5,619 of 10,933

Quote:
Yeah the 922 will hold just as much.

If you want to upgrade cooling, skip the all-in-one "water" cooling setups and get a cheaper high end air cooler that will be much quieter and do a better job.

If you want to go real water, I can gladly help you on a budget setup that will blow any AIO kit out of the water.  (Pun intended :p)

Having a Corsair H60 and NH-D14 (Push-Pull-Pull, with the last pull being by a Nexus Basic 120mm) side-by-side, I can tell you that the cooling performance and noise isn't really all that different between them (though yes, the NH-D14 wins on both counts).

I think the Asetek kits get a lot of flak for no reason. Of course if I had to do it again I'd probably go with a Rasa kit.

Oct 29, 2011 at 7:59 AM Post #5,620 of 10,933

Quote:
     Quote:

wink.gif

o2smile.gif

Cheers Windsor, Simon was indeed a pleasure to deal with and now my LCD-2 should arrive on Tuesday morning :D

Oct 30, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #5,621 of 10,933
Just recently moved. My new setup:

also connected to this:

Oct 30, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #5,622 of 10,933

Quote:
Just recently moved. My new setup:
pic
pic

also connected to this:

I see a pair of Denon's and what look to be the housing of a Grado model. What models are those by chance?

EDIT: 325i's with GS1000i/PS1000 ear cups & a Denon D7000?

Oct 30, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #5,623 of 10,933
D5000. The Grado's are not currently functional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back