Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Oct 6, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #5,491 of 10,933
I see Linkin Park's Meteora! I'm not a fan but I just recognized that album cover for whatever reason hehe :)

Oct 6, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #5,492 of 10,933

Quote:
Heres my little set up...it all somehow fits in my dorm room haha

:D

Nice looking rigs on here tho

HD600 and EF2A for the win! 
biggrin.gif
 Speaker placement looks a little less than ideal, but it's hard to get good placement in a dorm room anyway.

Oct 6, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #5,495 of 10,933

Quote:
HD600 and EF2A for the win! 
biggrin.gif
 Speaker placement looks a little less than ideal, but it's hard to get good placement in a dorm room anyway.

Yeah its tough to fit it all in somewhere with good placement. I'm working on it though haha.

And yeah i love the HD600 and after trading around a little with tubes, the EF2A really warmed up.

The speaker are amazing as well :D

Oct 7, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #5,497 of 10,933

Quote:
Yeah its tough to fit it all in somewhere with good placement. I'm working on it though haha.

And yeah i love the HD600 and after trading around a little with tubes, the EF2A really warmed up.

The speaker are amazing as well :D 

What tubes u using?

Oct 7, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #5,499 of 10,933

Quote:
What speakers are those? Klipsch RB-61 II's?

Yeha thy are the RB 6 IIs...Awesome for two channel listening and still great for movie watching. Now i have to work out a DAC with optical out

Oct 7, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #5,500 of 10,933

Quote:

apogee duet 1 > Dynaudio BM5A mkii
not pictured: HD 650

I really like this simple and clean setup.

How are you liking the Dynaudio's? They're fantastic little speakers, I almost bought a pair of them myself a couple of weeks ago but ended up getting a 2.1 AVI setup instead. It was a tough decision choosing between them though.

Oct 7, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #5,501 of 10,933
Some changes made to my desktop setup..

2.2GHz Apple Macbook Pro (15" 2011) > Headphonia USB DAC cable >[ Denon CEOL (RCD-N7) > Tannoy Mercury V1] OR [RSA Shadow >Sennheiser HD238/JH16Pro)

really loving the mac switch, not to mention the remote (makes skipping songs a breeze)

Oct 7, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #5,502 of 10,933
[...], not to mention the remote (makes skipping songs a breeze)

I never skip songs. I just put on an album and enjoy. I personally consider the skipping of songs disrespectful to the artist, but even more importantly: It disrupts the continuity of the album.

Oct 7, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #5,503 of 10,933
@tilpo : well, i personally enjoy having a playlist of my favourite songs, and sometimes skip to my favourite song(s) at that point in time, so that remote definitely comes in handy. besides, it's also that much easier to play/pause tracks when needed.

as with disrespecting artists, i find that the only time i disrespect an artist is by leaving a concert halfway through (in which i'd never!), and downloading their songs. in the comfort of my own home, where nobody else is listening but me, skipping songs isn't exactly disrespecting the artist, right? then again, that's just me..

Oct 7, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #5,505 of 10,933
@tilpo : well, i personally enjoy having a playlist of my favourite songs, and sometimes skip to my favourite song(s) at that point in time, so that remote definitely comes in handy. besides, it's also that much easier to play/pause tracks when needed.

as with disrespecting artists, i find that the only time i disrespect an artist is by leaving a concert halfway through (in which i'd never!), and downloading their songs. in the comfort of my own home, where nobody else is listening but me, skipping songs isn't exactly disrespecting the artist, right? then again, that's just me..

Leaving halfway through a concert would be an insult more so than an act of disrespect.

I personally don't think pirating music is disrespectful. I have found and come to appreciate many artists through pirating music that I would otherwise never listen to. Although the majority of my collection is pirated, I have still bought a small portion on the small amount of money I earn. I see the buying of music as an act of showing gratitude to the artist, rather than showing disrespect by not doing it.
I'm aware of the ethics related to pirating, but I would argue that an artist rather has you listening to his music for free than not at all. A good artist makes music to show his love of music to others. They money is just a nice bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back