Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Sep 25, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #5,386 of 10,933
Sounds like I need a vertical touchscreen. I have terribly small forearms, and watches slide halfway to my elbow no matter what. Does the UI community have anything for triceps too?

If you can rest your elbow on the table and the screen is fairly close to you then you will not really feel a said gorilla arm.

In any case I sold my touchscreen and bought an IPS monitor instead (LG IPS236V). I'll take a picture of my updated rig when it arrives.
The main reason I sold it wasn't the touchscreen, just the fact that it had a glossy finish. It was practically a mirror (why on earth would you do that!?)
I actually at times miss the touchscreen, it was quite handy. I didn't really use it as a replacement for my mouse, but rather as something complimentary. It was especially useful when reading articles, PDF's or long threads. It's simply more comfortable if you don't need to grab your mouse every time you need to scroll (I like to keep my right hand on my chin while reading)

Sep 26, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #5,390 of 10,933

Quote:

Ooh, looks nice and clean. Curious, is that one of those external adaptors for an internal-style hard drive? Who makes it? Does it work well/ how do you like it?

well many company's made them in the same exchangeable case for 3,5" or 2,5" hard disk you will find on google on the word HDD docking station.

its just work the same like most external HDD but it need a adapter for the power supply.

it works fine but 7200 rpm HDD drives make to much noise :) so i prefer use 5400 rpm eco HDD's 

on mine desktop Sharkoon

on mine laptop Zalman

i use this instead of external HDD because its easier for too switch from work place.

@ above poster

lol you use the second monitor mount for headphones :)

Sep 26, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #5,392 of 10,933

Ooh, looks nice and clean. Curious, is that one of those external adaptors for an internal-style hard drive? Who makes it? Does it work well/ how do you like it?

I've been using the voyager q from other world computing which specializes in pretty niche hardware solutions for mac.

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/NewerTech/Voyager/Hard_Drive_Dock

Sep 27, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #5,393 of 10,933
Hello Everyone!

My instant setup, much improved with the KRKs 
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 27, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #5,395 of 10,933
I just wanted to try it this way when the picture was taken. They were a bit above my head when standing. But it's a temporary thing, as you might have noticed (the boxes). Searching for the final place is in progress...
Before these two I had "nothing". Okay, I had a small Logitech 5.1 used as 2.1, which was pretty good for the money (it was very cheap), but otherwise not a big thing. Especially cannot be compared to the KRKs.
I cannot tell much of the sound so far, because I don't really "know" the speakers yet. But this is a different league for sure. So much detail and good dynamics. I'm truly satisfied with what I got. And this is only the beginning of a hopefully long journey for me with the speakers / quality audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back