Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jul 21, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #4,861 of 10,933

Quote:

My humble little rig. Sometimes I pretend I'm good at photography :wink:

I love this photo 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 22, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #4,862 of 10,933
Definitely get a DAC if you are using those cans. But what amp are you using?

He already have one in his computer... :rolleyes:
ps: I know you meant dedicated external DAC but this is so misleading for newcomers.

I refuse to call Realtek chipsets a DAC.
They are not 'converters'; they are digital to analog noise emitters.

Jul 22, 2011 at 4:38 AM Post #4,864 of 10,933
Final addition, sounds sublime now :) now i just need 200 hours or so of burn in.

In my opinion burn in is unnecessary. You might start to hear some differences after a time, but that's usually just the fact that your getting used to the sound signature.
Otherwise most burn-in happens in an extremely short amount of time, almost always in the factory it self .

I think burn in with solid state amps is just a waste of electricity.

Jul 22, 2011 at 8:00 AM Post #4,867 of 10,933

Without space - I am lacking the elegance of others - but I have my amps and the phones are on the left in the book shelves - HD600 and DT 880(600 ohms)...Amps: for listening: Ray Samuels HR-2 and for music editing: MOTU Audio Interface Hybrid mk3 II. The DAC is the Yulong D100 via optical. I also have an X-fi Titanium sound card Champion Series...My speakers are Altec Lansing 5.1 but they are not very good...

Jul 22, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #4,868 of 10,933
Well im still running this setup.

Bit instead of using these

I now have this

I also changed the monitor cables from these

To these

beerchug.gif

Next is certainly a headphone upgrade, been listening to the 240 Studio's for a few years now and i think its time for an upgrade.

Jul 22, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #4,869 of 10,933
beerchug.gif

Next is certainly a headphone upgrade, been listening to the 240 Studio's for a few years now and i think its time for an upgrade.

I wonder, what were your reasons for changing the cables.
Now they do look excellent, btw. Personally I hardly ever look at cables, so I'm fine with rubber. :)

Jul 22, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #4,870 of 10,933

Quote:

Without space - I am lacking the elegance of others - but I have my amps and the phones are on the left in the book shelves - HD600 and DT 880(600 ohms)...Amps: for listening: Ray Samuels HR-2 and for music editing: MOTU Audio Interface Hybrid mk3 II. The DAC is the Yulong D100 via optical. I also have an X-fi Titanium sound card Champion Series...My speakers are Altec Lansing 5.1 but they are not very good...

Where do you sit down?
Can you even sit down there?

Jul 22, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #4,871 of 10,933
Im looking for a new computer case, which one is that?

Thanks

Quote:

Inside that tiny little PC is an Intel i7 875K cooled by an Antec Kuhler 620 (yes it fits!) and clocked to 4.13Ghz and graphics card is a Radeon 6970 (that fits too! :p)
everything else pretty orgdinary, 8GB DDR3 and 120GB SSD, using on-board sound atm but i'm planning on getting a USB DAC. Ignore the headphones i got some Denon D7000's coming today.

Oh and 42" Plasma for a PC monitor lol

Jul 22, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #4,872 of 10,933

I have an IKEA chair - and there is plenty of room to sit down but I cant put my legs under the table...it is a difficult space but I make it work ... 

The stupid interior design team - made a real lousy work station with out cable holes of a table big enough...it is really not very good...
Quote:
Where do you sit down?
Can you even sit down there?

Jul 22, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #4,873 of 10,933

Quote:
I wonder, what were your reasons for changing the cables.
Now they do look excellent, btw. Personally I hardly ever look at cables, so I'm fine with rubber.
smily_headphones1.gif

I think it mainly about the fit and finish of the system, the 3.5mm to twin XLR was was DIY can cost less than $20 to make, as for the JIB reference XLR cables i managed to get both for very cheap, in fact i probably could not have made similar cables for what i paid for them.

At risk of starting a large debate that does not belong here i can hear differences between these cables and the cheap generic cables that were there before them :)

Jul 23, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #4,874 of 10,933

Quote:
I have an IKEA chair - and there is plenty of room to sit down but I cant put my legs under the table...it is a difficult space but I make it work ... 

The stupid interior design team - made a real lousy work station with out cable holes of a table big enough...it is really not very good...

Attach a hole saw or even a large paddle bit to a drill, problem solved
smile.gif

Jul 23, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #4,875 of 10,933
I am renting this apartment so any permanent changes will probably aggravate the landlord. So it has to be this way...I guess whoever designed this - intended it for laptops...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back