Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jul 16, 2011 at 7:43 AM Post #4,774 of 10,933
gentle typhoon looks on paper to have slightly lower airflow than Noctua NF-S12B ULN but potentially has better static pressure (purely by looking at the propeller design) and probably transmits less vibration into the case.  They are also not marone and beige - a big advantage 
cool.gif
.  I may have to try these out at some point.  I find some of my Noctua fans operate noisily when not fixed securely in some locations.  My setup is pretty quiet right now (11 dB or less) but I will probably try to improve it once I get my USB transport sorted.

Jul 16, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #4,775 of 10,933

My Rig:

MUSIC
Amplifier - Leben CS-300X
Amplifier - X-cans V3 Headphone Amp
Speakers - ProAc Reference 8 Signature Speakers
Source - PowerMac G5 (mp3, FLAC, ALAC)
Source - Nakamichi CR-7 Cassette Deck
Source - iPod
Speaker Cable - AudioQuest 'Bedrock' Bi-wire
Interconnects - MIT, Cardas, Monster

Computer:
iMAC 3.04 Ghz i7, 27 Inch
MacBook Pro 2.66 Ghz 17 inch
iPad
-----------------------

My home office

ProAc Reference 8 Signature

Nakamichi CR-7 Cassette Deck

Leben CS-300X

Complete System

Jul 16, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #4,777 of 10,933
Ah, the good old Leben CS-300X.
It is the amp of my dreams, but I can only dream of having one for now.

Why do you use a HD650 with the Leben, though. Isn't it time to upgrade your can to e.g. and HD 800 or any other flagship?

Jul 16, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #4,778 of 10,933

Quote:
looks like Silverstone Fortress FT-02, as for noctua fans i prefer Gentle Typhoons, cheaper, quieter, move slightly more air and are easier on the eyes (and yes i used noctua fans before)

yup its a ft-02.  I couldnt be happier with the Noctua.  I'm running a overclocked i7 2600k at 4.5ghz and I'm lucky if the processor gets over 50-55C during gaming.  The only drawback which someone mentioned is the color which doesnt really bother me im worried about how the computer performs most of all.

Jul 16, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #4,779 of 10,933

Quote:
My Rig:

MUSIC
Amplifier - Leben CS-300X
Amplifier - X-cans V3 Headphone Amp
Speakers - ProAc Reference 8 Signature Speakers
Source - PowerMac G5 (mp3, FLAC, ALAC)
Source - Nakamichi CR-7 Cassette Deck
Source - iPod
Speaker Cable - AudioQuest 'Bedrock' Bi-wire
Interconnects - MIT, Cardas, Monster

Computer:
iMAC 3.04 Ghz i7, 27 Inch
MacBook Pro 2.66 Ghz 17 inch
iPad

You should put some pads or stands under the speakers.

Jul 16, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #4,785 of 10,933

Quote:
Cool room mate - and very nice rig....

Thanks Syan25. Still in the process of setting up my man cave!

Quote:
Ah, the good old Leben CS-300X.
It is the amp of my dreams, but I can only dream of having one for now.

Why do you use a HD650 with the Leben, though. Isn't it time to upgrade your can to e.g. and HD 800 or any other flagship?

Actually this is a HD-600 I bought 12 years ago! What can I say...I am still in love with it
smily_headphones1.gif
. With the Leben I don't feel like I am missing out on anything through these cans...they are utterly intoxicating. But i suspect I can do better

Hence, i started my search for a new pair of cans few weeks back...that's how I stumbled on head-fi forum. Have to say the collective knowledge on this forum is staggering...I am getting wiser everyday.

As of now I have shortlisted the HD-800 snd the LCD-2...leaning more towards the LCD-2.

Quote:

You should put some pads or stands under the speakers.

Agree 100%. I am looking out for a pair of table top stands (no more than 12cm in height). Cant find these anywhere here in Sydney, Australia.

I suspect this may have to be DIY project.

Quote:
BugleBoy, that is just gorgeous, but I echo Tilpo's inquiry. A CS300X for the HD650 seems a tad odd.

Thanks Nom de Plume. As per my response to Tilpo...I am looking out for a new pair of headphone. Though I still like the Leben / HD-600 combo.

Quote:
I suspect the CS300X is for the speakers.

I use the Leben as both speaker and Headphone amp. To me these Lebens are the most musical instrument/s (hate to call them an electronic amplifier) I have heard...dare I say at any price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back