Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jul 4, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #4,606 of 10,932

Quote:
Anybody using Mackie MR5s?? Impressions??

i dont own mr5's, but ive spent hours listening to them in guitar center when i was trying to decide between the mr5's and the krk rokit 5/6.  I found that the mr5's bass wasnt as clear as the rokits, but they still sounded very good.  I ended up going with the rokit 6's, but that was because i got them for the price of the rokit 5's at guitar center.

Jul 5, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #4,608 of 10,932

Quote:
Not my main rig but some very kind person gave me an iMac G4 so I cleaned it up inside and out put a 400GB hard drive in it and 1GB of ram installed Leopard. It looks brand new so i thought I would pair it up with my Project USB Box and Headbox and 701's for a laugh and it works well. It is used as a music & video jukebox.

So what are you using for software? I have a G4 myself - and think it's a great 'compact' source - but none of the modern iTunes alternatives will run on it.

I *think* iTunes is bit perfect if you're using standard cd resolution files and if you have the volume cranked all the way up, but I have never been completely sure. Regardless, I'm starting to accumulate enough in the way of hi-res files to make a machine that won't play them inconvenient.

s.

Jul 5, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #4,609 of 10,932
Hi Satkinsn. At the moment it is only running iTunes as I don't use it for playing my flac files as I leave that duty to my other systems. I might look around for alternatives and put my flac collection on the G4 but haven't got around to doing it yet.

Jul 6, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #4,610 of 10,932
PureMusic will run on G4/10.5 and run FLAC in iTunes but it's not free. The good news is that the license covers three Macs.

Jul 6, 2011 at 9:12 AM Post #4,612 of 10,932
@drez That monitor is a little precariously balanced is it not!?

Jul 6, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #4,614 of 10,932

Quote:
This very question initially bounced in my head, but further inspection proved it was unfounded. Look at the design of the stand on which the monitor is placed.
Unless the monitor is preposterously heavy and wobbles frequently, it's safe. 

Definitely not child safe 
ph34r.gif
 - as for heavy - its 7.72 kilos!  Thank heavens we don't have earthquakes in Australia (maybe a tremor every 50 years)!
I recon the table would give in before the stand though
o2smile.gif

Jul 6, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #4,615 of 10,932
I think you'd have greater worries if you experienced an earthquake. 
wink.gif

7.72kg doesn't seem dangerous; after all, (I assume) you don't move the monitor frequently. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Definitely not child safe 
ph34r.gif
 - as for heavy - its 7.72 kilos!  Thank heavens we don't have earthquakes in Australia (maybe a tremor every 50 years)!
I recon the table would give in before the stand though
o2smile.gif

Jul 6, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #4,619 of 10,932
IMO most people have monitor too low - should be at eye level to improve ergonomics
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back