Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jun 20, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #4,501 of 10,933

Fixed it for ya!! 
beerchug.gif

Jun 20, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #4,502 of 10,933

Quote:
Yeah but the AV-40s only reach to like 85Hz, which means a lot of thump thump is missing. But yeah I couldn't fit a receiver anyways. So I'm either looking at selling my uDac-2 and getting an Icon-2 or ditching everything and just using the regular outputs on my computer, which I don't envy (no volume knob lol) because then I can't connect my headphones. Probably would drive roommates up the ceiling, haha.

I'll upgrade speakers then instead of subwoofer and receiver. :D 
Too bad there's not brick and mortar store in Toronto that won't kill my wallet (anymore than Head-Fi...). I suspect I might have to go used again...

My last pair of bookshelf speakers were some Panasonic SC-AK410s. Two 6.5s that hit 60hz, which is more than enough to thump a 10x10 room and travel through the walls into your neighbors room. Apartment/Dorm acoustics are just that way and deep bass will penetrate walls like a ghost. No the AV40s wont thump but its enough, plus they also wont annoy people lol. I also consider myself a basshead and these get the job done without making me look obnoxious. 

Jun 21, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #4,504 of 10,933

Quote:
I have a subwoofer and a receiver but the receiver's line outs don't work and I have no idea how to make it work. It's some random RCA one, but it's better than nothing. So right now my option is to not use my uDac-2 and plug straight into my speakers so I can add a subwoofer, or use the uDac-2 and not have a subwoofer. Painful. 

Stupid receiver.

I can't imagine how badly my setup is going to be royally screwed next year in university... having no room is going to suck.

Does your receiver have a record out feature, you could try those RCAs instead.

Jun 21, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #4,506 of 10,933

Quote:

Fixed it for ya!! 
beerchug.gif

Thanks bro! Edited my post now
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Why is ur left speaker behind a monitor O_O

I haven't used the speakers much, these belong with the 80's Sony deck, I can't reallty tell if they're good or not since I've never listened to decent monitor speakers (yes, I'm very new to audiophile world
tongue.gif
). These headphones are also my first audiophile purchase!

Quote:
got a shot of the insides of your pc? i dig the white cooling!

Sure do!

Jun 21, 2011 at 10:23 AM Post #4,507 of 10,933
^ The sound from the speaker will be reflected back from the back of the monitor to the speaker and by the time it gets to your ears will sound nowhere close to what it should. It would probably be better just to point it at the wall.

If you slid everything to the right would there be enough room to get that left speaker out from behind the monitor?

One way to tell if something is sonically superior is at first it sounds unnatural or even nothing different. After awhile you get used to it and when you hear from a different inferior system you'll instantly know because it will sound awful.

Jun 21, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #4,512 of 10,933
Didn't get round to taking pics as I spent ages (in vain) trying to sort the cables out. Wires are going to give me nightmares! The Focals sound heavenly though, although I think I need to work on position and using some of the filters, although I get the feeling I'll need a mic and RoomEQWizard at the last if I want to do it somewhat accurately. 

Late night teaser pic though!

This reminds me how awful my wallpaper is. Must change that too.

Jun 21, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #4,513 of 10,933

Look nice, I love black with white tubing. I had some water-cooling stuff on order then decided to stick with air, always love the dimension a good watercooling setup adds to a rigs look. I'll post mine soon as I'm done with it.

Quote:

Thanks bro! Edited my post now
beerchug.gif

I haven't used the speakers much, these belong with the 80's Sony deck, I can't reallty tell if they're good or not since I've never listened to decent monitor speakers (yes, I'm very new to audiophile world
tongue.gif
). These headphones are also my first audiophile purchase!

Sure do!

Jun 21, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #4,514 of 10,933

Users who are viewing this thread

Back