Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jun 16, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #4,416 of 10,933
A while back I was trying to decide between the Naos 3200, 5000, and the CM sentinel. I went with the Sentinel for the dpi and sensitivity but the Naos looks so comfortable. 0_o

Why would anyone need more than 5000 dpi? 5000 is already way too high to be practical with acceleration off.

Jun 16, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #4,417 of 10,933

Quote:
Quote:
A while back I was trying to decide between the Naos 3200, 5000, and the CM sentinel. I went with the Sentinel for the dpi and sensitivity but the Naos looks so comfortable. 0_o

Why would anyone need more than 5000 dpi? 5000 is already way too high to be practical with acceleration off.

Moar DPI's iz better. In Battlefield: BC2 when youre in a tank the gun aiming is significantly slower than on foot aiming. I use low sensitivity mouse settings with 2600 dpi on foot and 5600 dpi in the tank for faster aiming. I know its pretty weird to buy a mouse for a specific game but it was cheaper than the 5000 so I said why not. 

Jun 16, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #4,419 of 10,933

Quote:
But FLAC for Quicktime, is that possible? (on a mac)

Fluke or Perian should do that for you.

Quote:
Moar DPI's iz better. In Battlefield: BC2 when youre in a tank the gun aiming is significantly slower than on foot aiming. I use low sensitivity mouse settings with 2600 dpi on foot and 5600 dpi in the tank for faster aiming. I know its pretty weird to buy a mouse for a specific game but it was cheaper than the 5000 so I said why not. 

I know a number of gamers who do exactly that. At some point I'm probably going to get a Razer DeathAdder (great mouse with Mac/PC support) and have it fast-switch for those moments. I'm hoping there are three settings so I can have one for when I'm in tank/chopper, one for on the ground and one for when scoped with a 10x.

Jun 16, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #4,420 of 10,933

Quote:

That's where we agree to disagree.

Any DPI number above 1600 is merely for gaming usage, as for everything else it has zero use. And most gaming mice have custom sensitivity settings accessible through mouse buttons, making on-the-fly granular adjustments very easy.

A high DPI number is to mice what 192KHz is to DACs, mere ruler measuring.

Jun 16, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #4,421 of 10,933
Quote:
That's where we agree to disagree.

Any DPI number above 1600 is merely for gaming usage, as for everything else it has zero use. And most gaming mice have custom sensitivity settings accessible through mouse buttons.

I use 2000 DPI on my desktop.  I'd probably use a little higher if my mouse supported it.

Jun 16, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #4,423 of 10,933
I've never given FLAC on Quicktime any consideration but Perian is great, I've been running it for years for AVI files so that's good to know.

Jun 16, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #4,425 of 10,933

Quote:

I'd call it measuring something else but that's just me.

Fun fact: 1,000 Mhz ultra-poling mice sound great, right? Every bit as fast as your central nervous system, right? Funny story... The average human has a reaction time of around 200-300 ms. Heck, if we're talking about your central nervous system's response time there's a hardware limit equivalent to 23 ms. Why is this important? Ultra-polling mice update one thousand times every second where you can only react 3-5 times every second. Your body is only capable of sensing changes fourty-three times per second.

With the DPI argument, I remember reading somewhere that most professional gamers sit between 800-1,600 dpi regardless of what their  mice can do.

Now, I don't have gaming mice and I tend to turn mine up as high as they can go even for normal use. I would like to turn them up a bit more but obviously that's not an option until I get a gamer-mouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back