Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Feb 13, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #3,391 of 10,933

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Now that's a lot of gear...  How does the recliner + wireless keyboard and big mousepad work for serious typing and gaming?  Also, nice utilitarian looking build...

Its a 3 seat sofa lol, the mouse pad is on a large hard cover book so it works decently. The keyboard is wired, the wire is just hanging straight down off the edge of the sofa so you cant see it in the pic.
Yes i know my cable management sucks lol. this is my first computer build and im not very good with cables.

Black zip ties - lots of them!  That and a bit of ingenuity and elbow grease should take care of them.  I've seen way worse though...  Although that one going in front of the video card would make me cringe...

Looks like your next upgrades ought to be a better keyboard and mouse...  And maybe a 30" WQXGA monitor - or is the sofa really that close to the desk?

Oh, and nice NES & SNES by the way...

As much as i hate logitech, the G9x is about the best gaming mouse available, as for the keyboard im sure alot of people prefer logitechs -Cringe- but imo this is also one of the best keyboards.
The mouse was $130, KB was about $90, If by better you meant wireless... for surfing email that would be fine but for gaming, Never going to happen.

I plan on upgrading the tv soon, probably go for a 40" Toshiba LED.

Feb 13, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #3,392 of 10,933

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Now that's a lot of gear...  How does the recliner + wireless keyboard and big mousepad work for serious typing and gaming?  Also, nice utilitarian looking build...

Its a 3 seat sofa lol, the mouse pad is on a large hard cover book so it works decently. The keyboard is wired, the wire is just hanging straight down off the edge of the sofa so you cant see it in the pic.
Yes i know my cable management sucks lol. this is my first computer build and im not very good with cables.

Black zip ties - lots of them!  That and a bit of ingenuity and elbow grease should take care of them.  I've seen way worse though...  Although that one going in front of the video card would make me cringe...

Looks like your next upgrades ought to be a better keyboard and mouse...  And maybe a 30" WQXGA monitor - or is the sofa really that close to the desk?

As much as i hate logitech, the G9x is about the best gaming mouse available, as for the keyboard im sure alot of people prefer logitechs -Cringe- but imo this is also one of the best keyboards.
The mouse was $130, KB was about $90, If by better you meant wireless... for surfing email that would be fine but for gaming, Never going to happen.

i always liked logitech for some reason. i find the stuff just works. i always found it to be good value.

and good luck on the tv. i always liked toshiba stuff. good value and reliable.

Feb 13, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #3,393 of 10,933

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i always liked logitech for some reason. i find the stuff just works. i always found it to be good value.

Its probably because of hearing how bad there speaker systems sound. ever since hearing a friends Z-5500 then having him tell me how much money he wasted on the junk, I have had a complete bias against anything logitech. that and my old logitech wireless keyboard was nothing but problems from the time i got the thing. constantly loosing connection, and worse yet refusing to reconnect, and just generally not working properly at all. Luckily this mouse had been good so far.

Feb 13, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #3,394 of 10,933

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Its probably because of hearing how bad there speaker systems sound. ever since hearing a friends Z-5500 then having him tell me how much money he wasted on the junk, I have had a complete bias against anything logitech. that and my old logitech wireless keyboard was nothing but problems from the time i got the thing. constantly loosing connection, and worse yet refusing to reconnect, and just generally not working properly at all. Luckily this mouse had been good so far.

i have a surround speaker system from logitech that someone gave me and i am more then satisfied for when i feel like listening to music without headphones. although the bass is boomy and can get annoying but i like my headphones much better. and i wouldn't pay the 120$ asked for the speaker system. but also keep in mind the set is 5 years old so its definitely reliable.

Feb 13, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #3,395 of 10,933

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lol, I couldn't even tell (I didn't enlarge those particular shots)...  I've got a G9!  Great except for the wheel and the heavy weight IMO.  Gotta say I'd like my Razer Salmosa more if it had forward/backward buttons and on-the-fly DPI adjustment though.

Never will I buy Logitech audio products again though...  I thought they were pretty good until I heard real speakers.  Now I own a stereo that rivals/beats five-figure setups I've auditioned (it cost me $1100 to assemble), and even the $58 Dayton speaker/amp combo beats anything Logitech has...

For the keyboard, I definitely didn't mean wireless!  I use a 1987 Model M (no lights version) myself...  Date of assembly Jan 14, just 10 days after I was born...  I (perhaps wrongly) made the assumption that yours looked like some plastic fantastic $5 keyboard - the giant white logo on top that looks screen-printed was definitely a part of that...

I'm a DPI freak myself, so I don't think I could ever get myself to go with a TV...  But that happens when you own a T221.  Imagine what a 22" iPhone 4G would look like, and that's pretty much it.  Definitely not a gaming monitor though.

Feb 13, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #3,397 of 10,933

Quote:

Denon AVR-2310ci
Paradigm Monitor 7 v6's
Velodyne DEQ-8R
Technics RS-631 Cassette deck
Toshiba 26" 720p
60GB PS3
250GB 360 Slim

Computer hardware:

Antec 1200 Case
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
XFX Black Edition 850w
AMD Phenom ii 965
8GB G-Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1333
Geforce GTX 470
Asus Xonar D1
Thermaltake Frio CPU Fan
Win 7 64bit
Steelseries merc stealth keyboard
Logitech G9x mouse

I have a pair of Shure SRH-840s in the mail, should be here tomorrow.

Nice setup, but seems like your missing a fan....I wonder if you wouldnt get cooler temps by putting the back fan on the front, and let the two case fans exhaust the hot air out?  What kind of temps do you get right now?

Feb 13, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #3,398 of 10,933

Quote:
Quote:

Denon AVR-2310ci
Paradigm Monitor 7 v6's
Velodyne DEQ-8R
Toshiba 26" 720p
60GB PS3
250GB 360 Slim

Computer hardware:

Antec 1200 Case
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
XFX Black Edition 850w
AMD Phenom ii 965
Geforce GTX 470
Asus Xonar D1
Thermaltake Frio CPU Fan
Win 7 64bit
Logitech G9x mouse

Nice setup, but seems like your missing a fan....I wonder if you wouldnt get cooler temps by putting the back fan on the front, and let the two case fans exhaust the hot air out?  What kind of temps do you get right now?

I'm sure he has the fan in Pull config. It's pulling the warm air off the heatsink instead of pushing it and of course the 2 case fans are pulling the warm air out of the case. I've seen test done on some website, sorry for not remembering where, but they tested a CPU heatsink in push and pull config. There was no difference in temps.

Feb 13, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #3,399 of 10,933

Quote:
Quote:
Dang dude....nice setup...only thing missing is some kind of amazing chair to sit down in.....i can see why you took 6 months too....gorgeous and amazing lack of visible wire....i like that!

Quote:

Thanks! The wires all took a few days, unfortunately it's pretty irreversible and messy under the desk. Im worried putting a picture up would ruin the look of the room 
redface.gif

And unfortunately the chair I have is pretty pathetic...Thats why I took it out for the pictures. But I've been looking around, haha. I want a really nice and cheap (sub 120-ish) one.

Office Depot is a good place to look for chairs if you haven't done so already. Large selection and easy to narrow your search down by price, kind of chair and such.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/browse/office-chairs/N=5+501507/

Feb 13, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #3,400 of 10,933

Quote:
Quote:

Denon AVR-2310ci
Paradigm Monitor 7 v6's
Velodyne DEQ-8R
Toshiba 26" 720p
60GB PS3
250GB 360 Slim

Computer hardware:

Antec 1200 Case
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
XFX Black Edition 850w
AMD Phenom ii 965
Geforce GTX 470
Asus Xonar D1
Thermaltake Frio CPU Fan
Win 7 64bit
Logitech G9x mouse

If you're talking about on the CPU cooler, the ram modules are in the way so i cant add the second fan. the 2 120mm fans on the back of the case are exhaust fans as is the 200mm on the top. Idle temps i get about 33-34 on the CPU and 35 on the GPU at 40% fan speed, under full load the CPU runs about 41, GPU about 53 with the fan set to 70%

Edit: forgot to add, those temps are with all of the case fans set to the lowest speed. the CPU fan is kept at max, GPU at 40% when not gaming.

Feb 14, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #3,402 of 10,933
Wow, four beverages within spilling distance of the computer and keyboard, at least two of them are water!

Feb 14, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #3,404 of 10,933
Not on purpose at least, but "accidents happen". At least when it does to you you can't say that you weren't warned lol.

Feb 14, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #3,405 of 10,933

Quote:
Not on purpose at least, but "accidents happen". At least when it does to you you can't say that you weren't warned lol.

Well... Two are capped and the other two are low-center-of-gravity cans...  I don't think that's too bad at all.  Now, say a wine glass full of dago red...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back