Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Feb 13, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #3,376 of 10,930

Quote:
CoD 4, still the best in the series, still what I play.
cool.gif

What are you talking about... CoD 2 is far superior...

Feb 13, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #3,377 of 10,930
Quote:
CoD 4, still the best in the series, still what I play.
cool.gif

What are you talking about... CoD 2 is far superior...

It depends on your taste, WW2 setting will go to COD2,but when it's about modern war in Iraq and the desert, it goes to MW2. When we talk about sound,graphic, and AI, MW2 is far superior .Both have different genre :)
Don't play these games in single player only, you'll find it more enjoyable in multiplayer

Feb 13, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #3,378 of 10,930

Quote:

Here's my setup which I finished recently, after painting and redecorating for 6 months. Bought the Martin Logans, subwoofer (Energy ESW-C10 for only $75 on ebay, $325 off!), Cowon S9+Turbines (not seen here) and I am satisfied. Hopefully upgraditis wont kick in for another year..I need to support my photography beginnings, which is surprisingly more expensive than audio 
confused_face_2.gif

The room. It looks like theres only one power cord coming from the desk but thanks to zip-ties, I "managed" all my cables directly under the desk. Under the desk is absolutely atrocious 
redface.gif

The desk, Martin Logan Motion 4's are on the homemade wall-stands...

Rear view, with the PSBs 

The amp

The laptop is just a 'decoy', under the bed lies the real beast (more like my dad's "old" server which I slapped Win7 on). I only know it has a 980X and 16GB RAM, nothing else is too special but the combo is perfect for efficient photo+video editing.

Anyways, the setup:

Foobar2000 > Maverick Audio D1 tube out > Harman/Kardon HK3390, which powers:
          Energy ESW-C10 
          Martin Logan Motion 4's (up front)
          PSB B25s (On Sanus SF30 steel 30-inch stands)

All connected using some 16 gauge speaker wire and banana-plugs. The extra beefiness in the wire is nice, considering I got the 100ft roll for $10 and the pack of 16 bananas for $15.

After more than half a year, it is complete! Thanks to Ikea and much, much, much work over the summer and fall to help with funds. I only wish my phone hadn't been stolen so I could show the "before" pictures, it was quite drastic.

this is bad ass

Feb 13, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #3,379 of 10,930
wouldnt you want the psb's in the front?

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #3,380 of 10,930
what's up head-fi-ers. just joined the forum and ordered the m50 
smily_headphones1.gif
, which should be here in a few days. anyways, here's my computer rig that i'll be hooking them up to..

excuse the messy desk.

core i5-750 @ 4 ghz
prolimatech megahalem w/ san ace h1011
msi p55-gd80
G. Skill Ripjaws 4 x 2gb
corsair hx750
HD 5850
X-Fi Titanium HD

also looking to upgrade my 8 year old speakers to either the swan m10 or m-audio av40. any recommendations?

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #3,381 of 10,930

Quote:

I'd hazard a guess that the Martin Logans' tweeters are a nice step up - but it is indeed funny that the bigger speakers are in the rear...

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #3,382 of 10,930

Denon AVR-2310ci
Paradigm Monitor 7 v6's
Velodyne DEQ-8R
Technics RS-631 Cassette deck
Toshiba 26" 720p
60GB PS3
250GB 360 Slim

Computer hardware:

Antec 1200 Case
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
XFX Black Edition 850w
AMD Phenom ii 965
8GB G-Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1333
Geforce GTX 470
Asus Xonar D1
Thermaltake Frio CPU Fan
Win 7 64bit
Steelseries merc stealth keyboard
Logitech G9x mouse

I have a pair of Shure SRH-840s in the mail, should be here tomorrow.

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #3,383 of 10,930

Quote:
Dang dude....nice setup...only thing missing is some kind of amazing chair to sit down in.....i can see why you took 6 months too....gorgeous and amazing lack of visible wire....i like that!

Quote:

Thanks! The wires all took a few days, unfortunately it's pretty irreversible and messy under the desk. Im worried putting a picture up would ruin the look of the room 
redface.gif

And unfortunately the chair I have is pretty pathetic...Thats why I took it out for the pictures. But I've been looking around, haha. I want a really nice and cheap (sub 120-ish) one.

Quote:

I debated about that ever since I got the Martin Logans, but the MLs are better overall in my opinion, and they have much more present higher/mid frequencies than the PSBs (which I like in front of me). Also, their lowest frequency isn't as low as the PSB's, so they match better with the sub in the front. The PSB's tended to sound way too bass heavy when they were in front with the sub (again, all in my opinion).

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #3,384 of 10,930
Now that's a lot of gear...  How does the recliner + wireless keyboard and big mousepad work for serious typing and gaming?  Also, nice utilitarian looking build...

Feb 13, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #3,385 of 10,930

Quote:
Now that's a lot of gear...  How does the recliner + wireless keyboard and big mousepad work for serious typing and gaming?  Also, nice utilitarian looking build...

Its a 3 seat sofa lol, the mouse pad is on a large hard cover book so it works decently. The keyboard is wired, the wire is just hanging straight down off the edge of the sofa so you cant see it in the pic.
Yes i know my cable management sucks lol. this is my first computer build and im not very good with cables.

Feb 13, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #3,386 of 10,930
guys i am a poor person so i do not have an expensive rig. currently i have a toshiba laptop but when i get the money i will be making a really awesome computer .

Feb 13, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #3,390 of 10,930

Quote:
Quote:

Its a 3 seat sofa lol, the mouse pad is on a large hard cover book so it works decently. The keyboard is wired, the wire is just hanging straight down off the edge of the sofa so you cant see it in the pic.
Yes i know my cable management sucks lol. this is my first computer build and im not very good with cables.

Black zip ties - lots of them!  That and a bit of ingenuity and elbow grease should take care of them.  I've seen way worse though...  Although that one going in front of the video card would make me cringe...

Looks like your next upgrades ought to be a better keyboard and mouse...  And maybe a 30" WQXGA monitor - or is the sofa really that close to the desk?

Oh, and nice NES & SNES by the way...

Quote:
guys i am a poor person so i do not have an expensive rig. currently i have a toshiba laptop but when i get the money i will be making a really awesome computer .

Hey, we all start somewhere!

lol at the Dalmations mousepad...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back