Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Dec 1, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #2,912 of 10,933

Quote:
FaLLeNAn9eL said:

Quote:
ViciousXUSMC said:

Since becoming active on head-Fi magically 2 new pairs of headphones, a high end microphone, and a NuForce Icon HDP as been added to my setup... I think my wallet is going to file for a divorce.

Have about a dozen more pictures HERE

Awesome setup. Where did you get that high res pic of the Wing Zero?

I made all my own wallpapers.  There are virtualy no triple screen wallpapers out there. I share them all publically though so here you go: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=17499

Quote:
pocketrocket said:

But there isn't any headphones hanging from that sword. 
confused.gif
 Besides it looks quite convincing, it might be a functional shinken. Care to shine some light on that sword, ViciousXUSMC?
Really lovely set-up, just as I was starting to think mine looks decent :D

AirForceTeacher said:

Now that's a nice headphone stand! I finally have a use for my knock-off ninja sword!

Yes its a real sword, not a knock off.  Its hand made with the traditional folded steel method, ray skin handle, full tang, and extremly sharp.  I took Iaido classes and would use it for cutting competitions other than that it was on display and not for use.  I have my "beater" sword in the opposite corner of the room that I use for practice.

Dec 1, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #2,914 of 10,933

nice we almost have the same setup.. eyefinity and an HDTV hanging on the wall..
Quote:
Quote:

Since becoming active on head-Fi magically 2 new pairs of headphones, a high end microphone, and a NuForce Icon HDP as been added to my setup... I think my wallet is going to file for a divorce.

Setup of the gods. 

Quote:

Dec 1, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #2,915 of 10,933
Oh I wasn't implying yours was a knockoff - it looks very nice.  I bought a knock-off at Epcot - supposedly it's from a real swordmaker, but uses non-sharpenable steel.  In the pic it looks like one pair of headphones is hanging over the end of the sword.

Dec 2, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #2,917 of 10,933

Quote:
nice we almost have the same setup.. eyefinity and an HDTV hanging on the wall..

Cool, the HDTV was my only monitor for a long time.  Now that I have the triple monitors I wanted to keep the big screen for single screen only games and for movies.

I ended up not using it for single screen games, it sits just a bit too high up to be comfortable to view at the desk, but I use it for movies/wii.  If I had the money to put into it I would replace the HDTV with a projector and do a on-wall screen, that has been my ideal setup plan for a long time but its just a want more than a need so I never have done it.

Dec 2, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #2,918 of 10,933
It's from IKEA. It's called Jonas, I think.

Quote:
Quote:
Nothing too special. The cheapo Logitech speakers are there for times when I can't be arsed to stream media from the computer to the media center in the living room. :)

EDIT: Wow, the forums absolutely raped the image quality. :O

what desk is that? ive been trying to find out what it is for the past week because its the perfect color and simple design for me

Dec 2, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #2,920 of 10,933
Neat! I'm sort of in the process of getting a new beater, I thought about the Paul Chen Tactical Wakizashi although I'd really like an excessively long shobu-zukuri or unokubi with a good colour scheme for display. Never took any Iaido classes though, but I've trained Escrima for three years, so at least I can bat my enemies to death if I can't cut with it :D

Quote:
Yes its a real sword, not a knock off.  Its hand made with the traditional folded steel method, ray skin handle, full tang, and extremly sharp.  I took Iaido classes and would use it for cutting competitions other than that it was on display and not for use.  I have my "beater" sword in the opposite corner of the room that I use for practice.

Dec 7, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #2,922 of 10,933
Nice ZR30w you got there.
wink.gif
Join the club.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 7, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #2,923 of 10,933
Dec 7, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #2,924 of 10,933
Please forgive the poor res. image, perhaps Droid Does, but the free Samsung Intensity Dumbphone Doesn't.
This is my dorm, I sort of live either in this desk, or the various study areas around campus (starbucks, library, etc.)

24" 1080p Dynex monitor from BestBuy
M-Audio AV-30 powered monitors: spank the pants off of the 2.1 channel logitec systems I listened to, but I know they are nothing compaired to even a mid-quality bookshelf system. But hey,  little under $100 and "they get me there" for the time being, they let me appreciate music in ways that I havn't before, and thats all that matters to my ramen munching mind.
Microsoft Bluetooth mouse
$10 logitec keyboard

the power for this setup comes from a Sony VAIO EB series Laptop: i5-520 processor (dual core, 4 thread with turbo boost up to 2.93ghz), 4 gigs ram, 500gb HD, Bluray player, 512mb ATI Radeon 57xx series graphics card (Can't remember which model exactly), Windows 7 professional. Its powerful enough to treat like a desktop platform for basic things (normal functions like word, photoshop, etc.) and is still mostly portable.

Soon some Grado SR60's, I'm pumped

Dec 7, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #2,925 of 10,933

work + gaming rig
  1. Cooler Master 932
  2. Asus Rampage II Extreme
  3. Intel i7-920
  4. 6GB RAM Corsair Dominator
  5. 2x Gainward GeForce GTS450 in SLI mode
  6. Logitech keyboard, mouse and webcam
  7. Samsung Syncmaster 2494HM
  8. Xbox 360 Elite
  9. AKG 272 HD