Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Oct 5, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #2,361 of 10,933
Nevermind, I've just been rendering too much. I was looking at the really smooth reflections, glossy surfaces and shadow. It's totally plausible to take photos like that too, but to me usually photos look a bit different than that. I'm not trying to pick on a fight so chillax (although I've got to say that the 'decent clarity' looks like noise on that LCD screen)

Oct 5, 2010 at 8:55 AM Post #2,362 of 10,933
Wasn't trying to pick a fight, I was just wondering what caused you to see it as a render. Thanks to your answer, my curiosity has now been satiated
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 6, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #2,368 of 10,933

Quote:

Why thank you, I'm using Blender 2.5, it's an open-source 3D modeling and animation suite. Those renders are nothing compared to what you can really do with it, but I didn't apply any proper materials or textures and the render is a quickie so the realism is what it is. And oh, it might be a month or four before I actually buy that desktop, since I'm waiting for Bulldozer and AMD HD 6000 series to bring down the prices of current gen stuff.

That was some very inspiring work you did there.  Like you, I'm waiting for Bulldozer (and Bobcat) as well before I spent any money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back