Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Sep 29, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #2,326 of 10,933
Thanks for that! I will certainly keep your credit for these.

Quote:

The wallpaper is an original work by me.  There are almost no triple monitor wallpapers out there on the net so I made my own.

I do share them publicly though and didnt watermark them or anything.  You can find them all here:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=17499

I just ask that you do not redistribute them, send them to that forum page if somebody else wants them.

Sep 29, 2010 at 6:16 AM Post #2,327 of 10,933
What will your girlfriend think
tongue.gif

Sep 29, 2010 at 6:22 AM Post #2,328 of 10,933
AMD's Llano 32nm architecture will be out to compete with Sandy Bridge as well. Choices choices.
cool.gif

Quote:
Just wait till Sandy Bridge rolls around. 

My gaming rig has a 4GHz i920 and to be honest I don't notice a difference in every day stuffages. 

Sep 29, 2010 at 6:32 AM Post #2,329 of 10,933
Yeah but I'm only interested in the enthusiast line and Bulldozer will be out after enthusiast (LGA2011) Sandy Bridge. You know I'm not a Intel fanboi.
wink.gif

I'm going to be waiting for at least another year before getting a new pc. I'd like to see some Bulldozer benches before going back to AMD. K10 is so god damn old it isn't funny. The architecture hasn't really changed much since K8. Not that it's a big hit in gaming which is what most people do
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 29, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #2,332 of 10,933
Sep 29, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #2,333 of 10,933
I don't think that's true.
IIRC, it was Lenovo that introduced widescreen ThinkPads, and the T60 (pictured above, I think) was manufactured by them, even though it still had the IBM sticker.

In fact, you can make out the "lenovo" logo on gav007's picture, near the model number.

Quote:
It's an IBM Thinkpad before they merged with Lenovo from China.

Sep 29, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #2,334 of 10,933
I have a Phenom II 1055T X6 at 3.8GHZ (well i did but i decided i didn't need it that high so I lowered it) and it cost me $170 and I am using the stock cooler.
rest of my set up is:
[size=xx-small]CPU
Phenom II 1055T X6 @ 3.8ghz
[/size]
[size=xx-small]Motherboard
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 890GX
[/size]
[size=xx-small]Memory
Patriot Viper II 4GB DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20
[/size]
[size=xx-small]Graphics Card
Sapphire 4850
[/size]
[size=xx-small]Hard Drive
4 x ST31500341AS 1.5TB 7200rpm Raid 6
[/size]
[size=xx-small]Sound Card
Audio GD Compass DAC/AMP
[/size]
[size=xx-small]Case
Extremely Modded Cooler Master CM 690
[/size]
[size=xx-small]OS
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
[/size]
[size=xx-small]Monitor
1x DELL U2410 2x DELL E207WFP
[/size]

Sep 29, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #2,335 of 10,933

Quote:

yoko-stick.jpg

Bonus is now my kids can play and unlike console controllers that they can break or yank on the cables these arcade parts are virtually indestructable and also easy to replace. 

Do you let the kids play with that one? Lol. But seriously, that's some great handy work... I'd love to play some TVC on those... one of the best games on Wii or any console
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 1, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #2,336 of 10,933
My bedroom setup

Macbook Pro 13" + 24" Display -> Apogee Duet -> Focal Duet CMS 50 Monitors / AKG K702 Headphones

Sitting Room - Arcam AVR100 Reciever - Arcam DV88 DVD/CD Player - Airport Express - B&W 603 s2 speakers

I'm not mega prissy about making everything look nice. For me its all about the music, and thus the sound. Listening to great music where the sound output is pure is such a pleasurable experience. I just put on Deep Space Network Meets Higher Intelligence Agency, and the effect is gorgeous.

Oct 1, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #2,337 of 10,933

Quote:
This is what happens when you loved arcades as a kid but your parents never gave you any quarters so you had to just watch the other kids play.  You grow up and build your own arcade that you can play for free. 

Dude, you are insane--in a good way. Fighting sticks used to be a must for me with any console I buy, but now I've lost interest in the arcade styled games as I inch towards middle-age. I've always loved FPS and RPG's, as well as action/adventure in general, and those I can just play with the controller. Although I still much prefer keyboard and mouse for FPS, I've accepted that my PC gaming days are pretty much over (tired of the constant upgrades and buggy PC versions of games) and I either have to adapt to the controller or give up gaming altogether (never!). I've tried the keyboard and mouse adapters for consoles and none of them actually feel right. Any suggestions?

Oct 2, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #2,339 of 10,933

Hi friends.

Just rearranged my desk and got some new gear, including a harman/kardon reciever that I managed to haggle off of a friend of mine for $40 bucks and I got the sub for another few bucks. 

The Two speakers on the side I managed to pick up from the local goodwill for $30 bucks. I dunno what people think of them but I couldn't pass them up in perfect condition.

I'm just a budding audiophile and I have not put too much time and money into this rig because I'm still a student, but I'm always willing to learn.

And the logitech speakers? Don't worry about them. I hardly use them
dt880smile.png
 they're just there when I'm gaming and feel like 5.1 is necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back