Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
May 25, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #1,861 of 10,933
my mid-grade stuff...got rid of the Maverick Tubemagic D1, replaced it with an Audio GD FUN w/ Earth OPA. Much less hiss. 
bigsmile_face.gif

my good monitor is off getting RMA'ed for defective pixels. usually i have an NEC ea231wmi next to the crapp-o acer. in case anyone cares, some parts of NEC pixel policy are unclear, so if you bug them enough, they will fix it for you hehe.

another note, i noticed a lot of us have logitech mx518 for mouse. i didn't know they were that popular! i opened mine up and put some lead weight inside because i found it too light, but now it is perfect.

sorry for the crappy flash glare.

May 26, 2010 at 7:11 AM Post #1,862 of 10,933
Hey Guys, first post here on the Forums, saying hello from little Adelaide in Australia.

This is my very simple bedroom computer system.

Asus Xonar into the M-Patch passive volume control, balanced XLR out to the Behringer B2031A's, the RCA's in are spilt to the G&W TWJ1 headphone amplifier then to either AKG240's or ATH ES7s.

Nothing too fancy but it does the job and i think its a fairly good base to start from, next on the list (other than painting the stands) is an external DAC, a better headphone amplifier and some new headphones too. Im fairly happy with the speakers at the moment
smile.gif

May 26, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #1,866 of 10,933

Quote:
^ What are those speakers, AV30's or AV40's? How do they sound with and without the Audio-GD FUN?

AV-40's. without the Fun, they sound decent, better than my old Logitech g51. although the g51 could fill the room better, since the AV-40 are near-field. but if you're in that sweet spot they are good.

the FUN adds more body to the music, and clears up the treble. i'm using the "DAC out" instead of the "line out" because i prefer to have just one volume control. the "line out" does sound more musical though, since it goes through the OPA earth.

May 27, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #1,868 of 10,933

I still cant believe that Ultrasone made blue and white headphones... Yuck. One of the many reasons I got the HFI-780 over the < pro series headphones (exception Pro 900s look amazing).
Quote:

May 28, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #1,870 of 10,933
Quote:

How are the Behringer's? I think I may get an upgrade from my AV30's. 

For the money they are great, best way to describe they compaired with some other monitors are they are a little more layed back and have a warmer sound. I find them very enjoyable to listen too, they image very well, have solid output down to 40Hz in their current position. Although there are better monitors out there for music listening these are great, sure if you are editing/mixing you can do much better but compairing home hifi speakers in the same price range these things stand out. I have compaired these with B&W685 and the Dali Ikon2's and in both cases i prefered the sound of the Behringer B2031A's.

This is them in an older setup, been going stong for 2 years now without trouble and i think i would need to spend a few thousand on something like Dynaudio's to get a clearly better performance.

Jun 2, 2010 at 6:42 AM Post #1,872 of 10,933
Here's a picture of my current Rig:

That's:
-AUNE MK2SE DAC(OPA 2134 + LT1364)
-M-Audio AV40
-Source Player = Foobar
-Some other stuff :wink:

bye

p.s. just realized i should clean the front dust filter of my PC *g*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back