Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
May 22, 2010 at 7:13 AM Post #1,834 of 10,932
One must have fun "working" at home.

May 22, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #1,837 of 10,932
Another "work" space ...

May 22, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #1,838 of 10,932
WindyCityCy,

When I first saw that first picture, I thought to myself "you can definitely see what the priority is at this desk"
wink_face.gif

May 23, 2010 at 9:25 AM Post #1,840 of 10,932
t/sound,

What are those that you're using for component isolation?

WindyCityCy,

Nice system!  I like the finish you chose for your flexy rack.  What are those isolators under your beautiful speakers?

Bill

May 23, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #1,843 of 10,932
Isolators are from Primacoustic.  Without them I had some vibration around the desk and also the speakers were above my ear level ... these solved both problems.  They are very substantial (made of 3 materials - foam on bottom, steel plate above that, and rubber mat on top for speaker to sit on).  Also, they are angled 5 degrees (can be up or down angled) which helped to focus the sound to ear level.

May 23, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #1,844 of 10,932
@Windy:

I am blown away by your monitor set-up. K&H's are in my wishlist - wow!

That aside, have you positioned them so high on purpose? Does the sound change from when they are ear-level?

May 23, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #1,845 of 10,932
Positioning was somewhat dictated by my space.  The K+H's definitely sound better when they are on the same plane as your ears.  The isolators did exactly what I was hoping for and have focused the sound down to my seating level and now I can say they are positioned perfectly for near-field listening.  They sounded great before I added the isolators but adding them definitely improved things even more.  I love these speakers as they are very accurate.  Good recordings sound amazing however they don't do any favors for poorly mixed songs.  Since adding them to my desk I've also done a fair amount of watching movies and shows on my laptop ... the sound is amazing.  I'm hoping to add the large iMac later in the year when Apple refreshes the line to complete the setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back