Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Aug 5, 2009 at 9:31 AM Post #736 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerrycan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why?

I like keyboards with feel to the keys. And ones you can use as a sledge hammer
smile.gif

ibm%20model%20f%20keyboard

Aug 5, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #737 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like keyboards with feel to the keys. And ones you can use as a sledge hammer
smile.gif

I used to really like beefy keyboards like that, but I've taken a liking to the current Apple keyboards. I really like the feel and the discrete spacing between each key.

I also wound up with that small Apple Wireless Keyboard. I needed something compact. But it won't pass the sledgehammer test.

Aug 5, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #745 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by penger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What happened to your B22?

Anything happened to it?
Besides the fact that it take turns with the Signature 30.2. Currently resting away from dust...
wink_face.gif

Aug 5, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #746 of 10,933
The mess known as my computer/hifi setup in the attached pic. Sorry for the awful picture quality. I probably could have done much, much better I had spent some time with the settings... The camera was a Nikon D40 so there IS potential for a lot better pics.

My computer rig is nothing special but It's good enough for me (Well, almost. DDR3 memory and either dual core graphics or Crossfire wouldn't hurt...
wink.gif
I also NEED a second display to Google people's audio gear while browsing the forums on my main screen. Oh yeah, and Foobar on the second screen would be a must.
biggrin.gif
).

The exact specs - as if someone cared...:
AMD Phenom II 955BE overclocked to 210x17=3570MHz (Nortbridge at 2,31GHz and Hypertrasport @ 2,2GHz)
Kigston HyperX 4x1GB DDR2-800 overclocked to DDR2-1120, timings 5-5-5-15
Asus M4A78 Pro motherboard
Sapphire HD4870 graphics card overclocked to 800MHz (core)/900 MHz (memory)
Audio: please see signature
Operating system: Windows 7 pre-release (yes, it seems to be surprising stable for an RC...)

Lousy overclocks on the processor, I know. This mobo is holding me back.

And on the audio side, say hello to my few weeks old Beresford TC-7520 and my less than two days old K601's. The new 'phones have about 20 hours of burn-in so far. You probably think I'm crasy now when I say this but the 'phones I had before those K601's were K701's. I just feel 601's sound more neutral and, I could even say, more transparent. The feeling of transparency is probably just because of the flatter frequecy response. This has puzzled me for a long time: why would a higher-end model (K701) have a less neutral frequency response? During my 8 or so months using the 701's I could't find anything positive about the not-so-neutral frequency response.

Whoops, it seems like this became quite a monster for a post. And this is a picture thread after all.
biggrin.gif
Just try to bear with me.
biggrin.gif
Anyway, the pic's down there as an attachment.

Aug 5, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #747 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A couple of fresh pictures

91614710.jpg

MMmmm...kay, so the wife still has you listening in the sauna, huh?

Aug 5, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #748 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. B /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mmm... model M. At least Das Keyboard is still making the clicky kind.

So is Deck . . . which is what I use myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverShadow
And on the audio side, say hello to my few weeks old Beresford TC-7520 and my less than two days old K601's. The new 'phones have about 20 hours of burn-in so far. You probably think I'm crasy now when I say this but the 'phones I had before those K601's were K701's. I just feel 601's sound more neutral and, I could even say, more transparent. The feeling of transparency is probably just because of the flatter frequecy response. This has puzzled me for a long time: why would a higher-end model (K701) have a less neutral frequency response? During my 8 or so months using the 701's I could't find anything positive about the not-so-neutral frequency response.

Welcome to the club, I couldn't figure this out either.

I guess it's because the K701 & K702 seem to have production in mind where K601 is 100% consumer model. Either that or AKG was trying to appeal to the false detail market ala Grado (make that sound "sparkly!"). Who knows, but in the end I think a lot of head-fi agrees it was a bad decision and assumed they should skip over the K601. I must say I'm glad I didn't though, wouldn't change them for the world
biggrin.gif

Aug 5, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #749 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A couple of fresh pictures

91614710.jpg

31999487.jpg

Close to an ideal minimal setup IMO. Very nice.

Aug 5, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #750 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberspyder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fliqlo

Thanks fellow Cyber!
biggrin.gif

I haven't used a screensaver for a long time! I'll turn it on now, this one is really nice and useful.

BTW, nice knifes, Rambo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back