Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Mar 21, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #241 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Haoting /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, I got my Swans T200b in China and brought them back to Canada. These would be hard to find in North America (at a reasonable price).
regular_smile .gif

Ah that's what I was afraid of. I got my dad a pair of them for $350 from a dealer in FL on eBay and sorta regretted not getting a pair for myself =P. I have a pair of M200 MkIIs which I'm very happy with but man do I want a pair of those T200s!

Mar 21, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #243 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by hifidk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you using LCD TV as a computer monitor?

Yep, it's a Sony KDL-32XBR9. I had to turn my desk into a "do it all station" since I live in a pretty small studio apartment (attending college in the city).

Mar 22, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #244 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pharcyde /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Simple and Plain.

Mac Mini
Apogee Duet
Seagate Desk 500GB HDD
Denon AH-D5000

smily_headphones1.gif

Sweeeet setup there man.

Mar 22, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #245 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChroniCali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, seems like everyones got this computer case.
wink.gif

I got one too! =D

Got it at the intro price of 60$CAD

Mar 23, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #246 of 10,933
My desk and all IS clean but I'm not posting till I buy what ever it is I choose with my B-Day money.
But here is my case. For a couple months I really got into case modding and it still looks pretty good besides paint needing touch ups in some small areas.
IMAGE_059.jpg

IMAGE_060.jpg

IMAGE_061.jpg

IMAGE_064.jpg

IMAGE_065.jpg

sorry I forgot to turn the uv cathodes on I have a lot of "green wrap that lights up that looks ugly not lit up right now"

Mar 23, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #247 of 10,933
Assuming that you are having your audio cable go to an amp and the your headphones on your PC, why not use the back connector instead of the top connector as the internal cable that supports that internal connection will likely pick up noise and is probably not even shielded.

Nice setup, is that the sunbeam 4CH controller I see there? If you have not, switching out the leds on that is really easy I have two such controllers myself and even one of my friends has one.

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #248 of 10,933
the lights are not too bright the mesh covers them. and i pushed them in so its not bad at all. they used to be a nightmare/ blinder if i got a glance.
and no my audio is hooked up to the back not front although it outputs to the front to if i want a mic (or even if i for some reason wanted headphones up on the front)

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #249 of 10,933
I was suggesting that you can change the color, not necessarily the brightness. For example I changed the color to blue/white.

Mar 23, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #250 of 10,933
oo I like blue (it matches) if anything id only do it for the brightness

Mar 24, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #251 of 10,933
2641_656381399284_3316162_42176613_5924702_n.jpg

Sorry for the crappy picture my camera is broken and all I have is my Shadow (I hate cell phone pics so deepest apologies here). Not shown is a few pairs of IEMS. What IS shown is Swan M200 MKIIs, Samsung 2443BW connected to a Core Duo MBP and a 1G iPod Touch =D.

Mar 24, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #253 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by evu325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2641_656381399284_3316162_42176613_5924702_n.jpg

Sorry for the crappy picture my camera is broken and all I have is my Shadow (I hate cell phone pics so deepest apologies here). Not shown is a few pairs of IEMS. What IS shown is Swan M200 MKIIs, Samsung 2443BW connected to a Core Duo MBP and a 1G iPod Touch =D.

Do you mind if I ask where you got the desk riser / monitor riser. I've been looking for one thats about that size, maybe a bit bigger.

Mar 25, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #254 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by evt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you mind if I ask where you got the desk riser / monitor riser. I've been looking for one thats about that size, maybe a bit bigger.

Nope don't mind at all. It's the Jarpen from Ikea and you're in luck because it comes in a 43" size I believe. I used to have that one but after getting the monitor I gave it away. The legs are called Capita. All together it comes out to about $20.

Mar 25, 2009 at 7:33 AM Post #255 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
17511210ks4.jpg

I LOVE those headphones. First and only chance I got to hear them was @ a Chicago Head-Fi meet about 4 yrs ago. Sooo comfortable and so airy! Not to mention the wicked orange colors!

I have no idea how you guys manage w/ small desks. I'm only using 1 monitor and pushing the limits of my 6fter.
frown.gif
Maybe I need shelves?
IMG_2917.jpg

Close up of the "working" area.
IMG_2919.jpg

Close up of the "what does the work" area.
IMG_2918.jpg

I gave up on wire management a LONG time ago.
IMG_2920.jpg

Some of my favorite stuff:

The obvious:
Sennheiser HD 580's
Beyerdynamic DT770 250 Ohm
Pimeta built by Mister X

Dell 2007 WFP S-IPS: It's got awesome color and a perfect viewing angle, blacks suck though. Also, I probably raise, lower, and tilt the thing 3-4x per day depending on task.

Big blue comfy chair from a former job: It also gets raised, lowered, tilted, and spun depending on task/mood.

Big black comfy ottoman stolen from a leather chair: Extend and...Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Logitech Illuminated Keyboard: Feels like a Thinkpad's keys, very quiet, and it lights up soft white!

Steelseries Ikari Laser: DISAPPEARS beneath my hand and tracks like a champ. Magically wicks sweat away from my palm and weighs next to nothing. Super low lift off distance for low sens players. Previous mice, Deathadder, MX518, Intellimouse Explorer 3.0.

Razer eXactMat control side: I like the thin and better tracking Destructor better, but nothing beats the feel of cold aluminum after a long night of L4D!

Blackberry Storm: Knock on it all you want. It's my favorite phone...ever.

Aveeno Essential Moisture: Better than carmex, hey, it's friggin' dry out here!

Green cup: It has an almost rough felt like texture that makes it impossible to drop.

Computer wheels: Honestly, this comes in SO handy @ LAN parties.

Case window: VERY helpful for when one of the 7 Scythe SFLEX E 1200RPM's having a bad day.

Asus Maximus: Screw you core P6T/i7, I'll never leave this motherboard.

Handpicked E8400: 4.0Ghz @ 1.2V, 47C load in 25C ambient wo/ resorting to obscenely loud fans. Thanks Fry's!

Dirt Bike Tubes: Raptors suck. They're loud, they whine, get hot, they're loud, small, etc. Suspending them was by far the most useful thing I've ever done. Someday I plan to shoot them.

Corsair Survivor USB key: It is the last surviving member of the Jod key clan. Many have fallen, only one has remained.

PC Power and Cooling Silencer 610: It's quiet, cool, black, discreet, and hasn't blow up yet.

Ok, I think I'm reaching now. Oh yes! My table! $65 bucks @ an old Sears Hardware store. It's super stable, folds nicely, has no "knee crackers," and licks real clean in a pinch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back