Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Mar 10, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #166 of 10,939
A couple cool shots from Jungson.

20061218201036954.jpg

200612182082842.jpg

Mar 11, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #167 of 10,939
I just got new Denon D2000 headphones over the weekend. The new gear buzz has motivated me to post a picture of my desktop listening setup. The picture is a couple months old so you'll have to imagine that I've got the D2000 sitting on the desk. I still need to get a hanger/hook for them so they'll have a proper place to be.

Equipment in the picture
Vista, J. River Media Center, M-Audio FW 410, Mackie Big Knob, AV123 x-head, M-Audio BX8a monitors, ART HD215 EQ, cheap Techniques TT
Sennheiser HD-600, Grado SR60, Denon AH-D2000 (hiding in the future)
Desk is an Ikea Jerker with a keyboard tray cannibalized from another desk

The EQ is for the monitors. I only use it for the adjustable high-pass/low-cut filter. Sometimes I need to cut the bass back on the monitors to keep it from getting boomy or annoying people in adjacent rooms.

Mar 11, 2009 at 8:23 AM Post #168 of 10,939
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You really inspired me for a new setup. Could I get a list of everything in this photograph? Meaning what monitor/speakers/desk/etc? I don't want to sound annoying but this is absolutely clean and nice.
bigsmile_face.gif
confused_face(1).gif

The desk there is an original Ikea Jerker. Unfortunately it has been discontinued by Ikea.

My post of my setup (above) has an Ikea Jerker ver. 2. Unfortunately that desk was discontinued by Ikea a few years ago.

Google for Ikea Jerker and you'll find that the desk had a bit of a fan club. A nice feature is that the desks were modular and adjustable for different setups. Optional side shelves, optional top shelves, and other Ikea options. The replacement for the Jerker is the Ikea Fredrik, a smaller desk with not as many shelving options.

Mar 12, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #170 of 10,939

Mar 12, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #171 of 10,939
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not the place to discuss ABX so I won't get into it, but there are obvious errors to the ABX testing methodology, brain gets confused with quickly changing data. I prefer listening to an entire track or even better, an entire CD before switching equipment to test and compare.

No. It's a perfect test. It's unflawed. You can listen to entire songs in ABX, or just remix ur tracks to one song easily.

"brain gets confused with quickly changing data."
Totally unfounded and rediculous. I've done ABX tests, and they are pretty easy and straight forward.

You can't pass it, now you're rationalizing. All of your arguments are based on the fact that your ears aren't very good. :/

Quote:

With enough EMI to affect the properties of the conductor its dielectric properties, it can most definitely interfere. I was simply quoting extreme circumstances.
wink.gif

This effects anything and everything in the same circumstance, even our brains, yes?. I try to think rationally.

Quote:

Something cannot exist as two different and opposing models under different scenarios, it just means that a proper model has not been constructed yet, where were you taught?
wink.gif

Well, since you're smarter than Einstein, I guess you win again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave-particle_duality

Quote:

Military has many specs and in this case you're comparing apples to oranges - CAT7 as in used by TCP/IP protocol which follows CRC checking and allows for data-corrected CANNOT be compared to the streaming protocol of S/PDIF which offers neither.

Ya, you're actually right, but I was making a point of the very low EM in general. Bad analogy :/.

Light isn't effected by EM anywhere near where an electrical current is. There is no reason data coming out will be different than going in.

Quote:

A little knowledge is the most dangerous thing.
wink.gif
I do know about data communications (one of those fun things I studied in my program - data communications, requirements for data systems, that kind of stuff
wink.gif
). I can only assume your intellect by the claims you make and you are definitely reaching.

I'm staying away from this. I've been pretty logical with everything else.

Quote:

Not as few errors as you might thing, but complete lost packets, yes, VERY few

Theres no suppourt here man. I've checked high and low for proof of packet loss in a digital/optical connection. I can't find it. Digital is either right or wrong. It's in 1's and 0's. Theres not a divided opinion on this.

Quote:

you'd hear it fairly clearly when it errors out;

Really?
What does it sound like?

Quote:

but timing errors, not as uncommon as you might think.

Jitter happens. It's measured in picoseconds. It's present in all digital audio. You can correct it a bit, but it's not going away. This has been overexaggerated around head-fi.
I'd bet you can't ABX a super-jittery source vs a 0 jitter(not really possible in digital).

Quote:

Not with S/PDIF, but you are most welcome to write a proper streaming protocol with data correction, one is long overdue.
smily_headphones1.gif

No. It's not needed.

Quote:

You are welcome to believe what you want, I have a different opinion.

I agree.

Quote:

Never claimed that interference was perceived or factual, I said you were correct on there being minimal risk of interference which could be cured by a shield to an optical cable.

:/

Quote:

Don't believe in faith, believe in experience.

Experience as an audio conspiricist or a listener?

Quote:

Not my place to convince you of anything, believe whatever you want, but do expect to get resistance if you make claims and try to push your point of view on others, that's why they call this a discussion forum after all.
wink.gif

You're the one making completely absurd claims. I think I stand on the rational, reasonable, logical side of this debate.

I'm done.

Mar 12, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #173 of 10,939
haveblue you need to get an emu0202/0404 and control your setup from there and not crouch under your desk to reach sub control every time you want to adjust volume
wink.gif

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #174 of 10,939
Quote:

Originally Posted by S3am /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hmm i've thought about putting my amp under my monitor as well.... how's the height? doesn't it strain your neck from looking up?

Mar 13, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #175 of 10,939
Quote:

Originally Posted by endless402 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm i've thought about putting my amp under my monitor as well.... how's the height? doesn't it strain your neck from looking up?

Actualy , it wasn't comfotable setup... So I moved amp right. It's height is 70mm
Now it's somethink like this:

Mar 13, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #176 of 10,939
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The "laptop on my dining room table" setup. Yes those are creme brulee dishware as my speaker stands.

what mac compatible keyboard is that?

Mar 13, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #177 of 10,939
Quote:

Originally Posted by essentiale /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what mac compatible keyboard is that?

looks like the logitech dinovo edge, it's a windows keyboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back