Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Feb 19, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #10,231 of 10,930
  I wrote:

After a brown taste from my first McIntosh experience with a MA6900 integrated amp years ago, I decided give a Mac second try, because I, somehow ended up with a D150 DAC totally by an accident. 50 hours into this thing so far as 12/10/2016, I would like to say: it was a great accident! The D150 may not be the most detailed DAC ever in the price range, but it definitely makes music flow. The best part, it is tonally correct, to me. It does string instruments beautifully with delicious decay. The headphone output is not junk like the one in MA6900, is is actually pretty good, it drives my Shure SE846 beautifully but have trouble push my HD800 to full potential. I have almost no complaints on DAC performance. If really nick pick on it, the vocal can be a hair more forward that would be more attractive, to me, YMMV. My digital setup is still in progress, I think i will extract more performance out of D150 when everything is done.

I was looking at Wadia DAC too, some review mentioned they are being too dry. D-150 sounds more analog than digital in my setup.

No. You can buy it from Office Depot: Mountain Bamboo Deluxe Roll-Up Chair

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #10,232 of 10,930
Office system at work

Fostex PM0.4n Studio Monitors
Pinnacle SubSonic Powered Subwoofer (Behind the display monitors)
Sennheiser Momentum Headphones
LH Labs Geek Out 720
JRiver Media Center or Tidal

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #10,233 of 10,930
  Office system at work

LH Labs Geek Out 720

Very nice and clean!

Feb 28, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #10,234 of 10,930
  Office system at work

LH Labs Geek Out 720

Nice setup!  Have you tried the subwoofer on the floor? 

Feb 28, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #10,235 of 10,930

Nice setup!  Have you tried the subwoofer on the floor? 

Yes, it's just a small sub with dual opposing 6.5" woofers and there seemed to be issues with blending when it was on the floor. It seems to blend better with the Fostex monitors up on the desk. I don't have measurements to substantiate, just my ears.

Why do you ask?

Feb 28, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #10,236 of 10,930
Well since my office rig runs through my docked laptop I'm going to call this my computer rig
rolleyes.gif

My 500GB LaCie HDD feeds into my docking station which is USB out to my HRT MS II RCA'd into my Jolida FX-10 via Spelz anti-cable, FX-10 banana out to my Dayton Sib-80 feeding Dayton B652's
wink_face.gif

Mar 1, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #10,237 of 10,930
Well since my office rig runs through my docked laptop I'm going to call this my computer rig:rolleyes:

My 500GB LaCie HDD feeds into my docking station which is USB out to my HRT MS II RCA'd into my Jolida FX-10 via Spelz anti-cable, FX-10 banana out to my Dayton Sib-80 feeding Dayton B652's:wink_face:

Looks like a lab of some sort. Needs even MOAR mad scientisty tubes, and a Nixie clock :p

Mar 1, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #10,238 of 10,930

Yes, it's just a small sub with dual opposing 6.5" woofers and there seemed to be issues with blending when it was on the floor. It seems to blend better with the Fostex monitors up on the desk. I don't have measurements to substantiate, just my ears.

Why do you ask?

Just because most folks "recommend" putting it on the floor............when I had a pic up of one of my head fi stations my sub (from a CA 2.1 system) was, like yours, behind my monitors on the desk and a couple folks commented.  After reading up on subwoofer placement it supported their point...............and though on a carpeted floor the sound of my down firing sub was not as prominent it did seem to "fill" the room better.  I put a square board under the sub and it did help make it more clear and sound like it hit harder. 

That said, whatever sounds best to your ears is what matters. 

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #10,240 of 10,930
After 3 months waiting my relaxfauteuil (electric) finally did arrive.

Mar 16, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #10,245 of 10,930
Current Home Computer Setup:

M-Audio BX8-D2 (Soon to be upgraded to Adam A7X, Event 2030 or stretch budget for new Dynaudio LYD 48)
Auralex Propad Speaker Isolation
Cambridge DACMagic +
LH Labs Geek LPS
LH Labs Lightspeed 2G split USB cable
Yulong P18 Power Conditioner
GIK Acoustics Tri-Traps x2, 242 panels x2, ArtPanel x1
SignalCable Analog Two Balanced XLR cables
JRiver Media Center

Users who are viewing this thread

Back