Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Aug 14, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #9,766 of 10,933
Thabks, Ill get the amp first then, I like some bookshelf maetinlogan speakers as second fronts so I'll try and get that
Not quite sure what you are trying to do since both of the 8005's are purely stereo devices. If you do need one of those, Get the one you need :D AMP or the CD player. I got the amp first so I can power my speakers. Passed the signal from my PC trough my Essence one to my AMP.

Aug 15, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #9,768 of 10,933
I have that same Fractal Design case.  It was purchased as a recommendation from a member of head-fi when I was searching for a silent PC solution, and I could not be happier with it.  I've learned my lesson.  I'd rather save on components to use inside a great case than have high-end components stuffed into a crummy case.  The case is not the place to make sacrifices.
A good computer case is the foundation for any build, literally and figuratively.  Or, maybe just literally; I'm not that smart.  Time for a beer.  
beerchug.gif

Aug 15, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #9,777 of 10,933
Yep, had an antec 900 two for my last build.... needless to say, it got quite loud, so loud I decided to go for silence this time, rather than having flashy lights and things.
I literally can't hear this thing. I have come back home from work, sat down and switched on my computer only to find out that it got shut down.

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #9,778 of 10,933
  Yep, had an antec 900 two for my last build.... needless to say, it got quite loud, so loud I decided to go for silence this time, rather than having flashy lights and things.
I literally can't hear this thing. I have come back home from work, sat down and switched on my computer only to find out that it got shut down.

Ha!  Antec 900 (original) was my last case.  I thought that was a great value, but even with the fans on the lowest setting, it was noisy compared to the R5.  I won't even get into how much work it was to manage the cables and keep the dust out of the Antec.  I prefer to listen to music with speakers now in the computer room instead of with headphones.  

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #9,779 of 10,933
Oh my God! THE DUST! don't get me started on that, it was horrible!
The R5 is the best thing in terms of dust. The filters actually work, and nothing can come in from the top, its just brilliant.
If I want to I can always put a fan on the top (Don't think I will though). 
I've got 2 front fans, the higher one in push-pull and the lower one in push.
One fan at the back pulling air out and my PSU shoving everything out the bottom.
5 Months on and there's no dust on the inside. I've only had to clean out the air vents on the front panel and the front filters once (about 3 weeks ago).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back