Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
May 28, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #9,721 of 10,933

The white cord is just the USB for my phone, which is never connected there.

Those speakers look familiar :) LSR305 right?

May 28, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #9,723 of 10,933
I'm planning on getting a Mac mini 2014 16gb ram and 250ssd, then also get a external pcie graphics card, does anyone use a external graphics card for a Mac mini?
(I'm planning on using Adobe allot)
Then also load allot of music on it as well

May 28, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #9,724 of 10,933
  Lol, did you happen to look at my profile or signature?

No, didn't even look. But I have the same. See my post on the previous page. Great sounding monitors for the price!

May 29, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #9,725 of 10,933
  No, didn't even look. But I have the same. See my post on the previous page. Great sounding monitors for the price!

Ha. Nice! They sure are. I saw them in pitch perfect 2, lol. They are better than the 308's even for lower volume listening, and if you're gonna couple them with a sub, then they are a no brainer. 

May 29, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #9,726 of 10,933
Work setup.............Yoga 2 fed into a docking station running iTunes or Pandora into a NuForce uDac2 into my vintage Pioneer SA-8800 into either my Denon MD-2000's or a sweet 2.1 Altec Lansing speaker setup with a 6" sub.  Really thumps for its' size............

Jun 5, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #9,728 of 10,933
This is something you might not see every day. 

This is my rig out in the workshop. 

Laptop > Foobar2000 WASAPI > iBasso D-Zero Mk2 > Lexicon DC-2 > Audiosource Amp Two > Mirage M90iS+ Monsoon PM9 subwoofer

The iBasso and Monsoon subwoofer are the only two things I actually paid full retail for. Everything else was either essentially free or eBay finds for a fraction of the original cost. I paid a 100 for the DC-2, and that was over 4 grand when new. Still runs like a top. I'm using an IR remote app on my LG G3 smartphone to control it. 

Yes, my shop is an utter and complete mess. It's my creative genius at work, damn you :D

The AudioSource was acquired from an old job for the cost of replacing a 46 cent fuse. It runs kinda hot and since my shop also gets really toasty, I rigged up a fan to cool it. The fan is a 140mm Corsair from a watercooling rig that runs pretty quiet. Some Sorbothane feet and blammo, my amp is nice and cool even when the shop goes over 95 degrees. Even helps cool the Lexicon DC-2. 
This setup looks like complete hammered ass but it continues to impress me when I'm actually using it to actively listen and not just as background music in the shop. 

Jun 5, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #9,729 of 10,933

Laptop > Foobar2000 WASAPI > iBasso D-Zero Mk2 > Lexicon DC-2 > Audiosource Amp Two > Mirage M90iS+ Monsoon PM9 subwoofer

The iBasso and Monsoon subwoofer are the only two things I actually paid full retail for. Everything else was either essentially free or eBay finds for a fraction of the original cost. I paid a 100 for the DC-2, and that was over 4 grand when new. Still runs like a top. I'm using an IR remote app on my LG G3 smartphone to control it. 

Yes, my shop is an utter and complete mess. It's my creative genius at work, damn you :D

The AudioSource was acquired from an old job for the cost of replacing a 46 cent fuse. It runs kinda hot and since my shop also gets really toasty, I rigged up a fan to cool it. The fan is a 140mm Corsair from a watercooling rig that runs pretty quiet. Some Sorbothane feet and blammo, my amp is nice and cool even when the shop goes over 95 degrees. Even helps cool the Lexicon DC-2. 
This setup looks like complete hammered ass but it continues to impress me when I'm actually using it to actively listen and not just as background music in the shop. 

Its alot nicer then my work shop I have an old sony boom box. Your setup makes your shop more manly, and it performs well and keeps the shop look going.

Jun 5, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #9,730 of 10,933

Ooooh I'm jealous. I have no idea what your shop is equipped with, but the fact you actually have one >_______________________>

Jun 5, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #9,731 of 10,933
Hahaha, thanks!

The shop is where I make my living so I kinda have to have one :D
And it's just nice to be able to have some good tunes for doing so. When I work with the really noisy equipment I pop in a pair of Shure SE215s and use my G3 for music. 

Jun 9, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #9,732 of 10,933

Laptop - > Audio Gd Ref 10.32 -> Sun Audio 2A3 -> Tannoy 15" Gold (In Lancaster cabs) 

(Pardon my ugly feet!) 

I'm mostly on Tidal these days, so much music to explore. 

Jun 10, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #9,733 of 10,933
The home rig;

Jun 20, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #9,734 of 10,933
I'm currently using an old Macbook, but I think it'd days are limited. Probably going to have to pick up a new Macbook Pro, as there are some recording projects coming up. For monitors, I use Event PS8 passive ones and an Alesis 150 watt stereo amp, and I also use a pair of KRK Rockit 8's. Gets the job done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back