Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Apr 27, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #9,691 of 10,933
Thanks I am not able to send you a link, however I have more photos in the galleries area called "our desktop rigs". I made them myself out of 1/2 galvanized pipe. They are not adjustable, however I am going to think a bit, I am sure I can come up with a more adjustable design. 
it wasnt the cheapest way to go, but I like the minimalistic result and it is stable. I saw quite a few diy designs but they were all a pvc pipe with a square wood block on top and a square wood block on the bottom not exactly what I wanted. 

As far as working with your speakers, my speaker had metal brackets on the back designed to hang on a hook or crew. so I took wood blocks mounted them to a flange, and used one screw to hang the speaker. my speakers are not so heavy, 7-10lbs each. So it depends on if your speakers have something to hange them on, and the weight. I would say go up 1 size in pipe if your speakers are heavier than 10lbs. 

the photos show this a bit better. I am looking at small wall mount brackets that I could mount on the speaker stands to make the speakers adjustable. 

http://www.head-fi.org/g/a/968934/our-desktop-rigs-community-gallery/

Apr 29, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #9,693 of 10,933
  Here's mine... first pic is my main custom-built gaming/audio rig, and the second is my night stand showing my favorite headphone amp and headphones.  First of all, please disregard all wires, and all traces of dust!  Second of all, yes, that is a folding banquet table from Staples for like $40.  I'll get another desk sometime, but the KRK RP5G2/10s came first. 
biggrin.gif

For those interested in what is what:

Headphones: Essence STX (modded) analog > Matrix M-Stage amp > Grado SR-325is, interconnects are BJC
Speakers: Essence STX (modded) digital > Matrix Mini-I DAC/pre > KRK RP5G2/10s, interconnects are BJC

PC: CPU: Core i7 920 @ 3.8, Mem: 3x2GB Corsair DDR3-1600, Video: eVGA GTX 580, Sound: ASUS Xonar Essence STX modded, PSU: Corsair HX1000, Case: CoolerMaster Storm Sniper, Keyboard: Deck Legend Ice, Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 3500DPI, Monitor: Hannspree HF289H 28 inch, Drives: 1x240GB OCZ Agility 2 SSD for os/apps/games, 2x1TB RAID0 for music/data, 2TB External HDD for backups.

Hi my friend, nice system !
i have one rp5 too, and i want to buy krk subwoofer, u can show me how u connect the rp5+sub on stx ?  i will connect on my sound blaster zxr.
thanks.

May 3, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #9,697 of 10,933
  My corner of the room until the basement gets remodeled.

Nice! I have the same speakers and the lyr. Quite a collection of schitt audio equipment. Curious, why you have so many amps? Different headphones which work best with one or the other amp?

May 3, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #9,699 of 10,933

Nice! I have the same speakers and the lyr. Quite a collection of schitt audio equipment. Curious, why you have so many amps? Different headphones which work best with one or the other amp?

Originally started with the O2 and ODAC with the HD650. I wasn't sure it was the sound I was looking for. I bought the Lyr next and loved it. Then the HE-500s price went lower and I bought them to go with the Lyr. I got curious about the Tube sound and then bought the Valhalla. Next came the HD700s and I thought that the Asgard would go well with those. I will eventually settle on one or another. Or maybe I will set up another area for listening!

May 5, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #9,700 of 10,933
 Originally started with the O2 and ODAC with the HD650. I wasn't sure it was the sound I was looking for. I bought the Lyr next and loved it. Then the HE-500s price went lower and I bought them to go with the Lyr. I got curious about the Tube sound and then bought the Valhalla. Next came the HD700s and I thought that the Asgard would go well with those. I will eventually settle on one or another. Or maybe I will set up another area for listening!  

Nice, I was (maybe) looking to buy HD 650 + O2 + ODAC, but with your comment maybe i'll get a better amp

May 5, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #9,701 of 10,933
Nice, I was (maybe) looking to buy HD 650 + O2 + ODAC, but with your comment maybe i'll get a better amp

The O2 + 650 combo works very well, nothing to worry about .. and you prolly cannot beat the O2 for the money.
If you wanna spend more and/or try a smoother tube sound there are lots of options: darkvoice 336, bottlehead crack, valhalla, etc...

May 8, 2015 at 4:57 AM Post #9,703 of 10,933

Loving the Dopesmoker print!

Good spot! Really enjoyed the art work on the album so ended up ordering a canvas print of it. I got the art work in high res of google images. It's amazing what you can find with a bit of google-fu... 

I picked up a vinyl copy of Dopesmoker recently as well. Now I just need to upgrade to a decent turntable... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back