Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Mar 3, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #9,587 of 10,950
Mar 3, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #9,589 of 10,950
I can still remember when my dad brought home our first computer, it was Commodore 64.

Simpler days. I must be getting old for I miss those days. Senility sets in and you forget just how limited those systems were in comparison to today. High-def audio and video? No way! :)

Mar 3, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #9,590 of 10,950
4TB External TB Raid Zero Samsung EVO SSD drives clocking faster speeds than my internal PCI-E SSDs did on my PC....not even close. 34 inch UW monitor is all kinds of good. The mighty little trash can is dead quiet, cool and fast as hell for ripping audio, movies, and the Adobe Suite. I can try to find a desktop photo later if that is required.

and

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #9,591 of 10,950
4TB External TB Raid Zero Samsung EVO SSD drives clocking faster speeds than my internal PCI-E SSDs did on my PC....not even close. 34 inch UW monitor is all kinds of good. The mighty little trash can is dead quiet, cool and fast as hell for ripping audio, movies, and the Adobe Suite. I can try to find a desktop photo later if that is required.

What the hell was the trash can thingy?! I got the gist but name and model? I am very curious to know more. I don't generally purchase Apple for I can build comparable for significant less, but very sexy!

===UPDATE===
OMG! Found this. Too funny.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/trash-can-that-looks-like-new-mac-pro-causes-a-stir-in-japan/

No disrespect meant. I like your system.

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #9,592 of 10,950
  What the hell was the trash can thingy?! I got the gist but name and model. I am very curious to know more. I don't generally purchase Apple for I can build comparable for significant less, but very sexy!

Me too, I hate apple but have never seen/heard of that cool looking thing before.  I just googled it and the price is laughable:
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Mac-Pro-MD878LL-Desktop/dp/B00747Y9C2

Typical overpriced "cool looking" apple product : /

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #9,594 of 10,950
Wait until you price it with 12 cores Xenon.  

The rig it replaced was i7 /3 GTX780s/and all custom built by me.  I still build PCs for myself and friends.  However, for my personal needs, this trashcan gets the J-O-B done.  To each his own.  I like both PC and MACs.  I am old enough to remember adding a math coprocessor to my i286. Yes, I have been building PCs for a very long time....water cooling for almost 15 years too.  No voltage to tweak or other fun with the MAC but it always works always.  I will always have room for both PC and Mac in my home.  They do different things well IMHO.

Mar 4, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #9,595 of 10,950

The rig it replaced was i7 /3 GTX780s/and all custom built by me.  I still build PCs for myself and friends.  However, for my personal needs, this trashcan gets the J-O-B done.  To each his own.  I like both PC and MACs.  I am old enough to remember adding a math coprocessor to my i286. Yes, I have been building PCs for a very long time....water cooling for almost 15 years too.  No voltage to tweak or other fun with the MAC but it always works always.  I will always have room for both PC and Mac in my home.  They do different things well IMHO.

Very true. I like it. I am to frugal to spend the $ for apple products but they do have style. Very nice.

Mar 4, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #9,596 of 10,950
Hey everyone! Here's a picture of my old config (2x EVGA 690 Signatures Quad-SLI) I redid the water cooling loop from double to single for 3x 780 Ti's. Due to an extremely slow an'v d fortunately obscure leak in the new loop I've decided to go back to a dual loop config  and give those crystal tube links a try. Not to mention how disappointed I've been with the 780 Ti's. Don't get me wrong, it's got major power but the 3 GB VRAM hold it back with all these games coming out that are so horribly optimized.

So my dilemma is go for most likely 2x 980's? Or wait till whatever next gen is.

Other specs include: 2x 1 TB 850 Evo Samsung RAID0, 3 TB Western Digital HDD, 32 GB 1866 Corsair Dominator Plat, Soundblaster ZxR, Intel 4960X

Mar 4, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #9,597 of 10,950
  Hey everyone! Here's a picture of my old config (2x EVGA 690 Signatures Quad-SLI) I redid the water cooling loop from double to single for 3x 780 Ti's. Due to an extremely slow an'v d fortunately obscure leak in the new loop I've decided to go back to a dual loop config  and give those crystal tube links a try. Not to mention how disappointed I've been with the 780 Ti's. Don't get me wrong, it's got major power but the 3 GB VRAM hold it back with all these games coming out that are so horribly optimized.

So my dilemma is go for most likely 2x 980's? Or wait till whatever next gen is.

Other specs include: 2x 1 TB 850 Evo Samsung RAID0, 3 TB Western Digital HDD, 32 GB 1866 Corsair Dominator Plat, Soundblaster ZxR, Intel 4960X

That looks like it should be on a Space Ship, it's freakin awesome looking.

Mar 4, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #9,598 of 10,950

That looks like it should be on a Space Ship, it's freakin awesome looking.

No! With all those fans it looks like a hovercraft. :)

It is very nice. I am only a little envious but then I think of all the $ you spent and I just feel broke.

Mar 5, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #9,599 of 10,950

Ya it was a special edition, came out a bit after the black and white ones

OMG that is so nice. Makes a good strike between the metal and plastic, I didn't like the white at first (black was sold out) but after making my scheme red and black I think it flows well. outside of the switch feels cheap (coming from a Haf-x full) But man everything can be easily routed and removed on this thing once you get it down to its skeleton you see its true mounting potential.

The power of that is drool for rendering.

Love it, so clean where are the wires :)

Mar 5, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #9,600 of 10,950
Finally cleaned up my office. I think I like how it looks now. Had to use the dampening pads in the small room with the large speakers to get it where I wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back