Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Feb 9, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #9,557 of 10,933
Biggest quality mouse pad I know of is the SteelSeries 63008SS QcK Heavy

It's actually the one I use, haha.  I have had the pad for over 7 years now and for a cloth based pad, that is pretty impressive.  Hell, it survived college and still is kicking along with no damage from use!

very_evil_smiley.gif

17.7" x 15.7" x 0.23"

One day I will have a room large enough to properly house all of my audio equipment and take decent pictures of my setup, for now I have too much AV equipment/speaker for the room in my apartment...

I have more money in my sound card than I do in my GPU and I never thought I'd ever say that.  ZXR was like $249.99 when it launched and I have $110 in Op-Amps housed inside along with ~$30 in Mylar Capacitors for the DC Mod.  My GTX 970 was only $325.

Feb 9, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #9,558 of 10,933
For those of you that bought the ikea shelves and capita legs, what are the dimensions of the shelf?  I have a massive amp and need a shelf of about 18W and 16D.  I'd love to make one with the capita legs, but the ones I've seen on the ikea website are not even close depth wise.

Feb 9, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #9,559 of 10,933
  For those of you that bought the ikea shelves and capita legs, what are the dimensions of the shelf?  I have a massive amp and need a shelf of about 18W and 16D.  I'd love to make one with the capita legs, but the ones I've seen on the ikea website are not even close depth wise.

What I did is buy the legs from Ikea and then got a piece of Cherry in the size I needed at the local Woodcraft and planed it for smoothness before sealing it.  The legs from Ikea are nice but I wasn't particularly impressed with their shelves.  If doing your own isn't an option you could see if there is anyone local who could finish a piece in the necessary dimensions for you.

Feb 9, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #9,560 of 10,933

I did the same as the other guy.  I used my own piece of cheapo shelving mdf and cut it to my own dimensions that fit the amp/dac perfectly.  

That's the same steelseries mouse pad I have too 
biggrin.gif
  it sure helps make a massive desk look a bit smaller haha.

Feb 11, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #9,561 of 10,933
Here's my humble production / entertainment rig. 

17" Apple Mac Book Pro > Audirvana Plus >ObjectiveDAC > Mogami 2944 RCA > Prodipe RIbbon Pro 8 (active studio monitors) 
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface for production work 
Others: Native Instruments MASCHINE mk1 / AKAI APC 40 controller 

*shot on An Olympus Em-10  

Feb 11, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #9,563 of 10,933
  Here's my humble production / entertainment rig. 

17" Apple Mac Book Pro > Audirvana Plus >ObjectiveDAC > Mogami 2944 RCA > Prodipe RIbbon Pro 8 (active studio monitors) 
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface for production work 
Others: Native Instruments MASCHINE mk1 / AKAI APC 40 controller 

*shot on An Olympus Em-10  

Thanks man!!

Feb 18, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #9,566 of 10,933
This used to be my setup at home....

Head amp is hidden under the keyboard, and the cans are on the floor in to the left of the seat

But a pipe burst in the wall and that room currently looks like this

So Now Ive moved everything to work that didnt get wet.

The QC2s I picked up from a thrift store for $1.99 and added an $8 set of pads.
The AE2w were a gift and were the cans I used at work on a daily basis
The Alessandro MS1 and the ATH-a900x were used at home. ATH for gaming mostly and MS1 for music

Im powering them with a Lexicon Alpha digital interface that I grabbed at that same thrift store for $3.99, for $4 the sound it makes is fantastic. Mostly using Deezer or my ipod(the one that wasnt on the floor when the pipe burst) connected via usb to the pc then through the interface. That PC used to run a Plex Media server(that was powered on and running while the water was flowing), but the external HDD that was on the floor was under water and Im too scared to plug it in at this point to see if I can recover the movies, music, and pictures that were on it.

Feb 18, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #9,567 of 10,933
The Alessandro MS1 and the ATH-a900x were used at home. ATH for gaming mostly and MS1 for music

Im powering them with a Lexicon Alpha digital interface that I grabbed at that same thrift store for $3.99, for $4 the sound it makes is fantastic. Mostly using Deezer or my ipod(the one that wasnt on the floor when the pipe burst) connected via usb to the pc then through the interface. That PC used to run a Plex Media server(that was powered on and running while the water was flowing), but the external HDD that was on the floor was under water and Im too scared to plug it in at this point to see if I can recover the movies, music, and pictures that were on it.

Wherever you're located, you sure have some awesome thrift shops... most amazing thing I've seen (this was at a Goodwill) is an M-Audio keystation 88es midi controller keyboard. It was $10 and I turned it around for a $25 profit at Guitar Center.

Feb 18, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #9,568 of 10,933
Wherever you're located, you sure have some awesome thrift shops... most amazing thing I've seen (this was at a Goodwill) is an M-Audio keystation 88es midi controller keyboard. It was $10 and I turned it around for a $25 profit at Guitar Center.

I go to a lot of thrift stores. I try to hit at least 5 each week on the way home from work. If its a good week Ill hit 1-2 shops a day. Its amazing what people donate, and I thank them every day for it. My retro video game collection is almost completely compromised of thrift store purchases.

Feb 18, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #9,569 of 10,933
  This used to be my setup at home....

Head amp is hidden under the keyboard, and the cans are on the floor in to the left of the seat

But a pipe burst in the wall and that room currently looks like this

So Now Ive moved everything to work that didnt get wet.

Your gaming chair is pretty cool nice work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back