Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Oct 26, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #9,346 of 10,933

My completely homemade desk:

Had to make an adapter to get the samsung syncmaster up there:
Holy moly that's a great looking work space
smily_headphones1.gif
 Your desk is excellent looking as well as being very functional. If it was in a store I'd definitely buy it. It's just my style.

Given the drum set, I guess you don't have any neighbours to worry about. I can rarely use my speakers.

Oct 30, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #9,347 of 10,933
In honor of Halloween, a couple of Phillips Hue lit shots. There are some audio pieces hidden around somewhere.

Oct 30, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #9,348 of 10,933
  In honor of Halloween, a couple of Phillips Hue lit shots. There are some audio pieces hidden around somewhere.

Love it! I use back lighting on my TV, but never thought to use it for my workstation or the room. Very nice and may steal the desk lighting idea when I build my new desk next year.

Nov 1, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #9,351 of 10,933
I will repost my old setup just to show where I came from. And of course post my new setup. Enjoy!

Old Setup: 

New Setup: 

Nov 1, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #9,352 of 10,933

Never mind. I read it again and saw "Phillips Hue." I will hit amazon to see what those are.

Eek! Is this what you used?
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-431643-Personal-Wireless-Frustration/dp/B00BSN8DN4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414873468&sr=8-1&keywords=philips+hue+led

=====
bcollier,

Is the color due to paint or LEDs? Love the purplish hue. If it is the LEDs, you mind providing a link to Amazon or whatever? If not, no worries.

Nov 5, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #9,354 of 10,933
I finally took a few shots of my home theaters/PC setup along with my headphone DAC/Amp (they aren't great, but it's hard to get good pictures with this type of screen space and flash.  Then with no flash I get artifacts until I find the right ISO setting.  However this will give you the idea:

You can see the audio specs in my signature, but here are the PC specs:

GPU: SLI ASUS GTX 660 Ti DCII 2GB @ 1215/7012
LCD: BenQ XL2420TE (144Hz) + 22" Dell + 42" RCA 1080p
Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Sound: SoundBlaster ZXR + Yamaha RX-V863 (LPCM) + Polk Audio Monitor 45Bs & 30s + Definitive Tech C/L/R 2002
RAM: G.SKILL Sniper Series DDR3 2133 4x4GB
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB + 4TB Seagate Barracuda +1TB WD Black Caviar + 1TB Seagate Barracuda
PSU: Corsair HX 750W 80+ Silver (62A)
UPS: Cyberpower CP1200AVR (720W)
Cooling: Corsair 650D + TT Water2.0 Pro

Then you have my Aune T1 and SoundMAGIC HP100:

Nov 18, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #9,355 of 10,933

Never mind. I read it again and saw "Phillips Hue." I will hit amazon to see what those are.

Eek! Is this what you used?
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-431643-Personal-Wireless-Frustration/dp/B00BSN8DN4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414873468&sr=8-1&keywords=philips+hue+led

=====
bcollier,

Is the color due to paint or LEDs? Love the purplish hue. If it is the LEDs, you mind providing a link to Amazon or whatever? If not, no worries.

Sorry, went AWOL on the thread for a bit. The Phillips Hue kit i'm using is the one for BR30 bulbs (indoor floods), and then I bought a 4th bulb as these were replacing 4 75w bulbs in the ceiling. The original impetus was heat reduction --- I've got a lot of electronics stacked in the room, and the closet on the far wall houses the amps / video game consoles / some of the gear that runs the living room on the other side of the wall. Having another 300W rain down from the ceiling was a little nuts. This house was built in '04 and went totally nutty on the quantity of 75w incandescent floods. I'm slowly swapping them out, but the rest of the house is going on much cheaper LED bulbs, and in some cases Belkin WeMo switches for lights where timer or remote access would be useful (front of house lights, backyard, inside family room for the dogs, etc)

But since I was going LED, the idea of being able to run colors and instantly switch from respectable home office to game / movie central was very appealing. Since I loved the ceiling Hue lights so much, I purchased some Hue light LED strips for behind the TV, under the desk, behind my PC monitors, and then under the small secondary wall desk at the back of the room. I keep the LEDs off for the normal office lighting scenes, but then have them as accent colors for the fun stuff -- including the orange glow in those Halloween pics. It's hard to see, because I was rightly called out for omitting a desk close up, but I also have a Razer Chroma keyboard / mouse combo with programmable colors. So they got in on the purple / orange action as well.

There are definitely more cost-effective colored LED solutions out there, but the Phillips app ecosystem / api is really solid.

Nov 27, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #9,357 of 10,933
My current set-up

Nov 28, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #9,359 of 10,933
  My humble set-up...

Beautiful room. Gorgeous in fact!

All you are missing is a big screen over the fireplace, though, why distract from the guitar, receiver, and tube amp.

What receiver are you using? Is that scotch or bourbon?

beyersmile.png

Nov 28, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #9,360 of 10,933

Beautiful room. Gorgeous in fact!

All you are missing is a big screen over the fireplace, though, why distract from the guitar, receiver, and tube amp.

What receiver are you using? Is that scotch or bourbon?

beyersmile.png

Thank you!

Sorry, old picture.  What you're seeing is a Marantz CD player.  I've completed the ripping of all my CDs and now use the MacBook Air as my transport.  The Vincent pre drives a Vincent amp which drives the Thiels.  The room isn't big enough for a flatscreen over the fireplace, I've been on the lookout for the perfect guitar to hang in that venerated location.

Good eye on the drink, it's actually a glass of Jose Cuervo Family Reserve.  Love my tequila...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back