Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Aug 31, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #9,241 of 10,933
Coolzo,

Absolutely beautiful setup. I wish I had the room for larger monitor speakers.Someday.

Questions. Why the acoustic foam behind the video monitors?

Aug 31, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #9,242 of 10,933
  Coolzo,

Absolutely beautiful setup. I wish I had the room for larger monitor speakers.Someday.

Questions. Why the acoustic foam behind the video monitors?

Thank you! The JBLs were an absolute steal at $500 for the pair, and that also included my Soundcraftsmen preamp, a Soundcraftsmen tuner, a 200 watt power amp, and a 5 disc CD player on the side haha. Catch was the two hour drive to get it, but it was well worth it. 

My last room was plagued by the sound of bare drywall reflections, therefore putting foam on the otherwise completely bare back wall is an attempt to remedy that. Behind the chair (not pictured) is a closet, so I can't really put foam there, plus the side walls are occupied. Soooo maybe it was a bit aesthetic too haha, but it seems to work well. Along with my bass traps it provides a simple, affordable, not too intrusive acoustic treatment solution. Of course there's always room for improvement, but didn't want to go too crazy as we are renting. 

Aug 31, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #9,243 of 10,933
  Thank you! The JBLs were an absolute steal at $500 for the pair, and that also included my Soundcraftsmen preamp, a Soundcraftsmen tuner, a 200 watt power amp, and a 5 disc CD player on the side haha. Catch was the two hour drive to get it, but it was well worth it. 

My last room was plagued by the sound of bare drywall reflections, therefore putting foam on the otherwise completely bare back wall is an attempt to remedy that. Behind the chair (not pictured) is a closet, so I can't really put foam there, plus the side walls are occupied. Soooo maybe it was a bit aesthetic too haha, but it seems to work well. Along with my bass traps it provides a simple, affordable, not too intrusive acoustic treatment solution. Of course there's always room for improvement, but didn't want to go too crazy as we are renting. 

Ah. I have not had that particular problem but I am primarily a listener only.

Thank you for educating me it.

Aug 31, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #9,245 of 10,933
  Ah. I have not had that particular problem but I am primarily a listener only.

Thank you for educating me it.

Of course. it is often recommended that one put foam directly behind their speakers; in this case it is not directly behind, however placing foam in the center of the wall helps prevent subsequent reflections from being aimed right back at my ears. Audio doesn't just reflect against the wall behind the listener and then disappear; rather, the waves continuously bounce throughout room until all amplitude is lost. Sort of a basic description, but you get the idea haha. I don't claim to be an expert on acoustic treatment though, so take that into account lol. 
ph34r.gif

Gorgeous setup with those JBL's. 

Thank you sir! They sound gorgeous. 
biggrin.gif

Where my other studio guys at? 
L3000.gif

Aug 31, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #9,246 of 10,933
My simply system, but sound more than grate :)
One of the best HiFi system I ever had, and it is micro
A great opening to the true Audiophile World, if you want it in a small size,
with a Big sound.
2 x S.M.S.L SA-S3 T-Amp 2x25w, Audinst HUD MX2 a 24/192 DAC , ProAc Responce 1SC Speaker Clone,
Sennheiser Momentum Black (for recording) and Sennheiser HD598 headphones (for Mix/Mastering)....

Now I upgrade to Bi-Wiring system :)

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #9,247 of 10,933
Hi every one my name is Adam there are some amazing pictures here I am new to this forum. I just got into this hobby like 1 month ago. Here is a picture of my desk were I spend a lot of time.

(image missing)

Sep 1, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #9,248 of 10,933
Thermaltake S71 Urban
ASRock 9900FX Extreme 9
AMD FX8350 4.2ghz 8 core
2 XFX R7700 in Crossfire
Corsair RM850
32gb Crucial Ballistix RAM
LG Blu-ray burner
Cooler Master Hyper T4

Sep 2, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #9,250 of 10,933
And i still have the FX6300