Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jul 15, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #9,141 of 10,933
I just got my first desktop in 6 years. I went a little crazy. It's hard to gauge monitor size when you're used to a 15" screen.

Don't mind the Bose, nothing bigger would even fit. They ain't half bad either.

Jul 15, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #9,142 of 10,933
Not to sound mean or anything but doesn't the new Mac look like a trashcan?  Nice setup by the way
eek.gif

Jul 15, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #9,143 of 10,933
Indeed, it is the Mac Pro Trashcan Edition. Best looking trashcan I've ever seen though.

Honestly I thin kit's a beautiful design, compact (you really have to see it in person to get a proper perspective), and solid. 

The computer is aluminum with an aluminum outer case, the monitors have glass fronts with aluminum backs. It all feels well made and looks good. That is important for me, not for everyone but between that and OS X it works for me.

Jul 15, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #9,144 of 10,933
Here's one of my computer rigs.  This is what I carry with me when I travel.  

Raspberry Pi
Squeezeplug distribution
HiFiMEDIY USB Sabre DAC
Sony MDR-V6

Plug it in next to the bed......sounds great.   Hey I have computer audio at home, why not on the road?

Jul 15, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #9,145 of 10,933
  Here's one of my computer rigs.  This is what I carry with me when I travel.  

Raspberry Pi
Squeezeplug distribution
HiFiMEDIY USB Sabre DAC
Sony MDR-V6

Plug it in next to the bed......sounds great.   Hey I have computer audio at home, why not on the road?

Love this, do you remote to it to control it? I imagine if you have a battery, you could run this while you move too.

That is more on par with how mine is. Everything you need is within arms reach and its practical. Things aren't tucked away to look "nice"

Pretty much how my setup is too, there is a part of it that you can call neat, then the rest is (sadly) a jumble of wires paper, zipties, and whatever I use to most. It gets worse when the second desktop gets put to use, in parallel with the main rig... two sets of keyboards and mice on one desk... Pictures... soon?

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #9,146 of 10,933
  Love this, do you remote to it to control it? I imagine if you have a battery, you could run this while you move too.

Correct.  I use either a web browser on another computer to control it or an Android or iPhone app.  You could run it from a battery pack or a car charger.  I never have done that.

And I have a proper headphone amp as well, a Fiio E12DIY.  When I really want to rock I'll slip that in the chain.

Jul 17, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #9,147 of 10,933

Jul 17, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #9,148 of 10,933
  I just got my first desktop in 6 years. I went a little crazy. It's hard to gauge monitor size when you're used to a 15" screen.

Don't mind the Bose, nothing bigger would even fit. They ain't half bad either.

Those new Mac Pros look almost like high grade aluminum trash cans :D

Jul 20, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #9,150 of 10,933
  Can we dispense with the Mac Pro to trash can cliche already? 

deadhorse.gif

I definitely did not look at the above posts.. I remember looking at the Sweetwater catalog and thought the same thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back