Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jan 5, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #8,761 of 10,933

I'm a function over form type person which is a thinly veiled excuse for me hating organizing wires and focusing on details for hours on end.
Filled it pretty full with sound deadening and put low speed Gentle Typhoons on the rads, can't even tell its running from across the room haha.
The blue painter's tape is for its sleek aesthetic value.

Jan 6, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #8,762 of 10,933

The blue painter's tape is for its sleek aesthetic value.

Not only does it offer an improved aesthetic value, but the electrons can sense the blue color, which calms them and allows them to be more orderly, which stabilizes the power and ultimately improves the sound quality.  
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #8,764 of 10,933
I just put a new pc together right before the holidays.

4770k at 4.5
Asus Maxiumus VI Hero mb
16g ram
Samsung 840 pro 256g ssd
Evga 770 GTX gpu
AX760i psu
H100i radiator
Sound Blaster ZxR
Corsair 750d case

Super easy build. The case was an absolute dream to work with. Extremely quiet with the psu fan only kicking on at 70%+ load. Both psu and liquid cooler running the corsair link program to balance out speeds/noise.

Running analog out from the ZxR to a nano patch volume controller and from there into a KrK10s sub and then to a pair of Bx5 D2's.

The Bx5's need upgraded... I see a pair of speaker stands in my future and something bigger sitting on them...

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #8,765 of 10,933
Lo sorrow i built a computer few months ago just like yours :)
no water cooling yet tho
intel 4770k
Asus Maxiumus VI Hero mb
Samsung 840 pro 256g ssd
Asus 7970
AX760i psu
Sound Blaster ZxR
Corsair 750d

pc  has been running fine but I sometimes I have a problem when shutting down the computer.....the pc hangs on a code 05 on the motherboard  I then have to hold the power on button on the case for it to shut down properly  :p
otherwise its been a good pc so far :)

PS and I think my problem only started when I changed soundcards from a asus stx to the creative ZXR

Jan 7, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #8,767 of 10,933
I've had good luck with the seasonic psu before this one , its my 1st corsair psu ..... I read a lot of good reviews about  this psu that's why I got mine :) I don't use the software for the monitoring and stuff tho
its nice and quiet , I also have them bequiet fans everywhere and the pc is dead silent :)

I also changed  the op amps on the Zxr 's output side  from the LME49710NA too the  LME49710HA + Adaptor version 2 days ago and think it sounds a bit better.... I also tried changing the JRC NJM2114D  to the

LME49720HA   like the reviews say guru3d website but I didn't like  sound much as the stock
you can get them from ebay

Jan 7, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #8,768 of 10,933
I like these threads :wink:

NZXT Source 530 Case​
AMD FX-6350 @ 4.5GHz​
Corsair H55 CPU Water Cooler​
ASRock 970 Extreme 3 R2.0​
EVGA Geforce GTX760 2GB ACX​
8GB GSkill DDR3-2133Mhz​
Corsair CX750M PSU​
4x 1TB Hitachi HDs (Raid 0)​
1x 500GB Seagate OS HD​

Jan 7, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #8,769 of 10,933
Damn, thats nice.

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #8,771 of 10,933
Yes it is.

I wish I had a knack for cable management in my PCs as well as my audio setups, even when I try, it fails lol. If I did maybe the woman would let me keep some stuff on display rather than tucked away down stairs or in cabinets.

Cable management only takes a few minutes of thinking and preparation, maybe sometimes you'll realise you need a different length cable or you'll need to move something completely to a diffreny place but it's not that hard really! :)

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #8,772 of 10,933
Cable management only takes a few minutes of thinking and preparation, maybe sometimes you'll realise you need a different length cable or you'll need to move something completely to a diffreny place but it's not that hard really!
smily_headphones1.gif

Your probably right, my problem is probably more to do with impatience and laziness. Also Im a cheap person, if i have a cable that's doing its job, but is the wrong length i typically will not cut it or purchase a new one, ill just cram it in there LOL.

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #8,773 of 10,933
Cable management only takes a few minutes of thinking and preparation, maybe sometimes you'll realise you need a different length cable or you'll need to move something completely to a diffreny place but it's not that hard really! :)

^This

Jan 8, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #8,774 of 10,933
I really need to step up to a full tower case.  I've had my Antec 900 case for over 6 years now, and it has served me well over several semi-annual upgrades.  Stuff is just so cramped inside my case now, that cable management is like trying to fit Bob Marley's long dreadlocks between the platters of a George Foreman grill.  Trying to make it look neat and organized is just impossible.  Even a modular power supply did not help much.  A case will be my next upgrade, or it will be included with whatever else I get for my next upgrade.

Jan 8, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #8,775 of 10,933
I've learned that having a quality case that allows for cable management is key. Lots of tie-downs and the right kind of cables are necessary, custom cables are the best but it can get pricey unless you do it yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back