Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jan 2, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #1,321 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by punkaroo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's my very large setup; pic isn't the best, as I couldn't get it straight on:

computerrig.jpg

If those 5se's sound anything like my dad's 11se's then they must sound great
biggrin.gif

I should clean up my room so that I can take a picture, another day

Jan 2, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #1,322 of 10,933
Gear is in my sig, but I will re-type it.

Rotel 810a integrated amp
Devilsound DAC
Paradigm 5se speakers
Eddie Current EC/SS amp (on loan)
Millet Hybrid amp
Pico DAC only

I'm extremely pleased with the Paradigm speakers; they sound absolutely AWESOME!

Jan 5, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #1,327 of 10,933
my current setup, excuse the rubbish 3.2mb phone cam, but will get a proper cam in the future when I get a job:

2x KRK Rokit RP5 G2 active speakers

1x Sennheiser HD25 , they are a bit faulty now, but had them over 4 years.
The cable needs replacing as it cuts out sometimes, and the ear pads and head bands is trashed and are falling apart. I know they are all user replaceable but they don't come cheap.

1x 5m Nikkai ofc headphone extension lead.

2x Dell 17 inch LCD monitors

Custom built old pc that I'll show later, but needs a serious upgrade.

Motherboard is fairly new and take up to 8GB memory and has 6 PCI slots and 1 AGP slot, about 12 fan sockets.
Running on 1GB currently and is too slow.
Only got a 120gb Maxtor hard drive in there about 40gb full, pathetic I know, but I don't see the need for a huge hard drive just yet.
EZ Cool 550W ATX PSU with dual fans.
Pentium 4 2.8ghz processor with extreme edition cpu fan
NVIDIA Geforce FX 5600 256mb graphics card (with fan) I don't play games on the pc so don't care as I got a PS3, WII and 32 inch Samsung LCD HD screen in my bedroom
Creative Sound Blaster Live! Value (WDM) soundcard
Win XP Home (official)
phillips dvd dual layer re-writer
large case fan

Desk is ultra solid 25mm birch plywood resting on a solid metal filling cabinet underneath on each side and it's bolted to the wall behind it too.
Paint is a bit of a mess, so going to strip it back to the bare wood in the summer.
Then got some thick green glass on top of that for looks and acoustic purposes and it wipes clean too.

Gonna buy more memory at some point and a better, faster processor if my motherboard allows it.

At the moment I'm saving up for a decent active sub, as I blew the last one that was some white van junk.

Either it's gonna be Adam Sub 7 Pro or KRK 10S

Will hear both and see which one I prefer, as I listen to extremely bass heavy music but the room is small about 3m by 2m. It's gonna be hard to decide as show rooms are normally huge.
And once you bought a subwoofer, most stores don't let you return them if you don't like it.

I do need one as I noticed since I'm not using a sub anymore, my KRK RP5 5 inch cones move about way too much and even make a clicking sound occasionally which sounds like they are bottoming out.
So don't want to blow them.
It's reggae causing that to happen.

Jan 5, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #1,330 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by c3p0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An update. Mine is taking shape.

209m3qf.jpg

That setup and room design is absolutely breathtaking!!!

And the way it's painted and how the wooden desk and units stand gives it a bright and airy look to the room.

And would also say the screen savers and quality looking speakers and headphones add to that lushness.

Jan 6, 2010 at 2:44 AM Post #1,333 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by purposeofreason /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2ptruv4.png

I love how you don't have lights in your computer, I find LED's to look so tacky.

Jan 6, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #1,334 of 10,933
Have been away for awhile and got rid of everything. This is my simple but clean setup right now. Love my new mac, sorry
atsmile.gif

Jan 6, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #1,335 of 10,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkplug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That setup and room design is absolutely breathtaking!!!

And the way it's painted and how the wooden desk and units stand gives it a bright and airy look to the room.

And would also say the screen savers and quality looking speakers and headphones add to that lushness.

Nice setup, who makes that table clamp headpohone holder. I need one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back