Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Aug 28, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #10,801 of 10,933
New DAC / HP-amp
IMG_0746.JPG

IMG_0750.JPG

IMG_0751.JPG

Aug 28, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #10,802 of 10,933
New DAC / HP-amp
IMG_0746.JPG
IMG_0750.JPG
IMG_0751.JPG

Great unit, one of the best purchases I've made, audio or otherwise.

I prefer the amber-colored meter in my darker room with 20% LCD brightness. Don't forget to use the dual horizontal meter for the left and right channels, found under the Options - Display section in the SETUP menu. Not sure why that is not the default value out of the box, but with it enabled, you can see the input signal separate from whatever processing or volume attenuation done within the DAC.

An example of where this function is practical to use can be shown from playing a hot track like this one in the screen capture below of "Live at P.J.'s" from Beastie Boys Check Your Head (2009 Remastered Edition Bonus Disc). You can see where the outer, thinner horizontal bars for the left and right channels were both clipping and shown in red when I captured this photo. There is no way to fully repair this track as this is part of the actual recording. It's live, and it was the bonus material, so they probably were limited on what could be done. Using this meter, I was able to track down a Red Hot Chili Peppers version of Californication with my streaming services that did not have any clipping to save as my favorite, as even the CDs that I had were clipping. It was the FLAC 44.1kHz 16bit DMD Album version from Qobuz.

RME meter.jpeg

Sep 1, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #10,803 of 10,933
Here's where I waste too much time....All the time!

QGGzpq4.jpg

Up there on the wall, yeah that's me for those interested.. Howdy there :wave::wave:.. I'm SilverWolf..... Well my partners etching of my persona from a very long time ago not long after we met (30 odd years of bliss and she still rocks my world :couplekiss::metal: every day).

TwNHY5L.jpg

l4zivTk.jpg

QtZlXap.jpg

edit: Gets a bit dark under there but I forgot a pic of Minerva (the PC)

Ebhqq12.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #10,804 of 10,933
Great unit, one of the best purchases I've made, audio or otherwise.

I prefer the amber-colored meter in my darker room with 20% LCD brightness. Don't forget to use the dual horizontal meter for the left and right channels, found under the Options - Display section in the SETUP menu. Not sure why that is not the default value out of the box, but with it enabled, you can see the input signal separate from whatever processing or volume attenuation done within the DAC.

An example of where this function is practical to use can be shown from playing a hot track like this one in the screen capture below of "Live at P.J.'s" from Beastie Boys Check Your Head (2009 Remastered Edition Bonus Disc). You can see where the outer, thinner horizontal bars for the left and right channels were both clipping and shown in red when I captured this photo. There is no way to fully repair this track as this is part of the actual recording. It's live, and it was the bonus material, so they probably were limited on what could be done. Using this meter, I was able to track down a Red Hot Chili Peppers version of Californication with my streaming services that did not have any clipping to save as my favorite, as even the CDs that I had were clipping. It was the FLAC 44.1kHz 16bit DMD Album version from Qobuz.

RME meter.jpeg
Thanks for the display tip on the RME. I've had it over three years and still learning the vast array of features.

Oct 5, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #10,807 of 10,933
Here's where I waste too much time....All the time!

QGGzpq4.jpg

Up there on the wall, yeah that's me for those interested.. Howdy there :wave::wave:.. I'm SilverWolf..... Well my partners etching of my persona from a very long time ago not long after wet met (30 odd years of bliss and she still rocks my world :couplekiss::metal: every day).

TwNHY5L.jpg

l4zivTk.jpg

QtZlXap.jpg

edit: Gets a bit dark under there but I forgot a pic of Minerva (the PC)

Ebhqq12.jpg
Just chilling-out and thought I'd have a couple of drinks and a virtual concert lol.... Good thing my studio is proofed and treated, when wife came in she said "OMG that's loud!", I said no I think the artist's name correct pronunciation is Kloud! lol.

dvcCwpm.jpg

Don't drink 'n listen kiddies wooohooooo... Not too shabby for desk-top audio :metal:

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #10,808 of 10,933
Senn. 6XX fed by FX-Audio DAC X6MKII fed by my laptop via USB, seems to do "In a Pinch" :wink:

XX Morning.jpg

Nov 18, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #10,809 of 10,933
Elac UB52
Audeze LCD5
Audeze LCD X
Topping A90/D90
Denafrips Ares 2
SMSL SA300
Schiit Lokius.

20211026_221737-02.jpeg

Nov 19, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #10,811 of 10,933
I know an enthusiast when I see one... and I’m not blind yet. That’s a damn nice setup! Maybe lose the cabinet and printer, and get those 1266’s some proper stand... :)

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #10,812 of 10,933
Love the minimalist vibes here, by the way (PC non-withstanding). What amp are you using? Hard to tell when it’s all matte black...

Nov 19, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #10,813 of 10,933
Sorry to spam, but the more I look at it, the more questions I have... :gs1000smile:. Is that a Herman Miller chair? Did you really mount your microphone on an arm, even though it’s basically at table height? Also, what kind of madlad mounts their camera on an arm???

Nov 19, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #10,814 of 10,933
That’s not even mentioning the PC (kinda). Well, that’s the setup I’m aiming for now... what are the specs, by the way? I think I posted my desk here a few months ago, but it kind of... pales in comparison :beerchug:

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #10,815 of 10,933
PC
5900x
32Gb 4000MHZ
MSI 3090
2tb sabrent drive
Dark Hero motherboard

Innuos zenith SE-Wavelight-CFA3-1266 TC and P10 for power.

The printer makes a night and day difference in the soundstage and imaging! embody chair, vari desk, mic is on the arm to save real estate, camera on the arm is easier to adjust and more versatile, the TCs hang under the desk so there's no pressure on the headband! Cable management could be better though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back