Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Dec 29, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #9,466 of 10,932
Ice that is a beautiful setup, what speakers are those by the way? Also what are you using to power them currently?

Thanks!
Hunter

Thanks, I appreciate that.

The speakers are old late 70s Mordaunt Short Festival Series 2 powered by a Toshiba System 15 mini-system stack of the same vintage with twin amps bridged into monoblocks. I'm a huge fan of the Toshiba 15.

I've been looking to upgrade the speakers for a while but to be honest I like the sound of them. They are not the most articulate speakers but they are fun and musical. That and the dimensions are pretty good with cabinets that are only six inches deep, they don't take up too much desk space. Also: They're cheap.

Finally, I've been at a loss to find replacements with decent dimensions, a good bottom end and no rear porting issues.

Jan 2, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #9,470 of 10,932

Thank you and you too!

What headphone stand is that?

It's from Woo Audio Model: HPS-T
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you!

Jan 2, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #9,473 of 10,932

Jan 2, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #9,475 of 10,932

Everywhere I've looked, the T10 is $399. The lowest of JBL LSR310 I've seen was $355. I think it is still too high and should be in $250-$300 range. Also JBL has Class D amp compare to Presonus A/B.

If you live in the US send me a private message and I will let you know how to get the Presonus T10 for $265. 

Jan 2, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #9,476 of 10,932
  Nice!

Just curious. Why two laptops? I assume you are using each for a different purposes. I have two desktopswith one a general purpose and the other dedicated to Audio/Video processing.

laptop for net, movies and music, netbook for "file" sharing
rolleyes.gif
beerchug.gif

Jan 3, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #9,480 of 10,932
Here's mine. 

I use this as the family music/movies/etc system. Pretty simple. 

Pioneer SP-BS21 speakers.
Rotel RB-850 power amp.
JAVS Dac-2 March edition for DAC/pre-amp/headphone amp duties. 
Beyer Dynamic DT 990 Pro 250 ohm headphones.
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro edition soundcard (really want something else).

Computer is on the floor under the desk, self-built system in a Rosewill Challenger case. Need to put together some good stands for the speakers, bring them up to ear height a little more. Also looking to replace the speakers at some point soonish. Kinda want something with a 5 or 6.5 inch woofer, just for a bit more reach into the lower end. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back