Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Dec 9, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #9,421 of 10,933
  The question is -- is it worth it? 
tongue.gif

Haha, for always having 99% usage and not having to worry about SLI drivers and considering I can run it at 1.5GHz/8GHz and out run a 780 and tie a 980, yes it was worth it 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 9, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #9,422 of 10,933
Haha, for always having 99% usage and not having to worry about SLI drivers and considering I can run it at 1.5GHz/8GHz and out run a 780 and tie a 980, yes it was worth it  :veryevil:  

I'll be overclocking my 660ti today. Don't make me regret my (year ago) $200 purchase lmao :p

Dec 9, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #9,423 of 10,933
That ifi rack is pretty cool looking, just got my Sennheiser HD650s in a few days ago so currently building a wooden stand for my gear.  Will post pics if I can get that completed any time soon, only issue is now getting distracted listening to music and not building haha.

Dec 9, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #9,424 of 10,933
I'll be overclocking my 660ti today. Don't make me regret my (year ago) $200 purchase lmao :p

Haha, I had two of them!  They are still great cards if you aren't trying to run the newest games at the absolute max settings @ 1080p.  There are a few games that push past 2GB of VRAM these days, but they are far and few between.

Just so I don't get my picture left out on the 2nd to last post of the last page here it is again
cool.gif

I was expecting someone to ask me what the hell I did to my sound card (Creative ZXR)  haha

Dec 9, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #9,425 of 10,933
  Just jumped from SLI 660 Ti setup to one 970.  Total cost between selling SLI setup and buying 970, $48.

I really need a better camera.

Curious, how much for the 970? Brand is MSI but what model?

Dec 9, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #9,426 of 10,933

Curious, how much for the 970? Brand is MSI but what model?

$350 at NewEgg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127832

They were selling out constantly, but it seems they are able to keep them in stock now.  That is the most popular model out of the lineup right now.  The Zotac cards look like the best, but they use a proprietary module called OC+ and it actually OCs worse than a bone stock NVIDIA model because they have locked the voltages lower than any other brand (this is without any BIOS flashing or anything, just stock all around).

Dec 9, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #9,427 of 10,933

$350 at NewEgg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127832

They were selling out constantly, but it seems they are able to keep them in stock now.  That is the most popular model out of the lineup right now.  The Zotac cards look like the best, but they use a proprietary module called OC+ and it actually OCs worse than a bone stock NVIDIA model because they have locked the voltages lower than any other brand (this is without any BIOS flashing or anything, just stock all around).

Excellent. Good information and I will monitor Amazon. If a sale occurs, I will update. I generally buy every other generation, so it is time.

Dec 9, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #9,429 of 10,933

Haha, I had two of them!  They are still great cards if you aren't trying to run the newest games at the absolute max settings @ 1080p.  There are a few games that push past 2GB of VRAM these days, but they are far and few between.

Just so I don't get my picture left out on the 2nd to last post of the last page here it is again
cool.gif

I was expecting someone to ask me what the hell I did to my sound card (Creative ZXR)  haha

I noticed that, too, but paid more attention to how you sold your SLI 660s for a 980. 
Also, I see you use an ASRock mobo. Glad to see I'm not the only one using them! 
biggrin.gif

EDIT: I just took the time to clear out my desk, so I thought it'd be a good time to post a picture of it. My room is usually never this clean and tidy, but if it is, it usually doesn't stay that way very long. Anyways, here it is:

The actual image is pretty huge, so click if you dare. It's kinda messy still, but I didn't really have the time to clean it out completely. Can you name the IEMs (and headphone that I never use) in the image?

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @ 3.3 GHz (stock) GPU: Colorful GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2GB
RAM: GSkill Ripjaws 16 GB (8 GB x 2)
MB: ASRock B75 Pro3
PSU: Antec VP 650W
System drive: AData something 128GB SSD.
Secondary drive: Seagate Desktop SSHD 2TB
Case: Thermaltake Urban S1

Dec 11, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #9,431 of 10,933

I noticed that, too, but paid more attention to how you sold your SLI 660s for a 980. 
Also, I see you use an ASRock mobo. Glad to see I'm not the only one using them! 
biggrin.gif

EDIT: I just took the time to clear out my desk, so I thought it'd be a good time to post a picture of it. My room is usually never this clean and tidy, but if it is, it usually doesn't stay that way very long. Anyways, here it is:

The actual image is pretty huge, so click if you dare. It's kinda messy still, but I didn't really have the time to clean it out completely. Can you name the IEMs (and headphone that I never use) in the image?

Are those bioniciles??? THROWBACK

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #9,433 of 10,933
Sadly, no, as much as I liked to own one. These are the ones that supposedly "succeeded" Bionicle, a.k.a. Hero Factory. I was pretty close to gathering the whole set, but then I met Head-Fi...:D

Oh shiz, if only I had a picture of all the Bionicle sets I used to own... but nope, I had to sell them all for way too cheap. I sold them for $25 at a yard sale, a whole military-size footocker full of parts.... if only I would've pieced everything out (no pun intended).. screw my (at the time) teenage laziness

Dec 12, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #9,434 of 10,933
Oh shiz, if only I had a picture of all the Bionicle sets I used to own... but nope, I had to sell them all for way too cheap. I sold them for $25 at a yard sale, a whole military-size footocker full of parts.... if only I would've pieced everything out (no pun intended).. screw my (at the time) teenage laziness

Hahaha I had like 4 or 5 but I havent seen them since like grade 7...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back