Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Mar 17, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #8,057 of 10,933
In an ideal situation, probably, but this is what I have room for. If I move them farther out the stereo imaging is messed up unless I move my entire setup back to compensate and I don't really have room for that without things getting cramped.

Mar 18, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #8,059 of 10,933
Quote:
Hold the phone, I think I recognise this rig...  tadzik1231?

Yes, from XtremeSystems, here's the original thread link:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?233842-Liquid-Cooling-Case-Gallery/page219

P.S. - Not mine people, just a good example of how custom WC shouldn't be compared to package deals like the Corsair H100.

Here's mine, not nearly as impressive as tadzik1231's build:

Mar 18, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #8,060 of 10,933
Quote:
Yes, from XtremeSystems, here's the original thread link:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?233842-Liquid-Cooling-Case-Gallery/page219

P.S. - Not mine people, just a good example of how custom WC shouldn't be compared to package deals like the Corsair H100.

Here's mine, not nearly as impressive as tadzik1231's build:

Nice, and totally agree, custom water cooling is on a whole other level compared to the pre packaged stuff. Then again, I'd be grateful a h100, beats my stock intel cooling... (I feel sorry for my 3570k...)

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #8,061 of 10,933
Quote:
In an ideal situation, probably, but this is what I have room for. If I move them farther out the stereo imaging is messed up unless I move my entire setup back to compensate and I don't really have room for that without things getting cramped.

Yo where did that awesome painting of the samurai go? I can take it off your hands for you if desired.

Mar 18, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #8,062 of 10,933
Quote:
Nice, and totally agree, custom water cooling is on a whole other level compared to the pre packaged stuff. Then again, I'd be grateful a h100, beats my stock intel cooling... (I feel sorry for my 3570k...)

I have a Core 2 Quad and I'm on stock cooling. I don't really shut down my computer. Every couple months or so it shuts off while I'm gone and I come back and it says over temp error, and I boot into the BIOS and watch the hardware monitor and wait for the temp to drop below 98C.

Whew!! I have another cooler but I'm too lazy to put it on because it has a bracket for the back of the mobo and I'd basically have to disassemble my whole computer. (The current Intel one is just push through clips)

Mar 19, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #8,065 of 10,933
Quote:
I have a Core 2 Quad and I'm on stock cooling. I don't really shut down my computer. Every couple months or so it shuts off while I'm gone and I come back and it says over temp error, and I boot into the BIOS and watch the hardware monitor and wait for the temp to drop below 98C.

Whew!! I have another cooler but I'm too lazy to put it on because it has a bracket for the back of the mobo and I'd basically have to disassemble my whole computer. (The current Intel one is just push through clips)

Ouch, but considering you have another cooler at your disposal I would probably make the effort to install it. My old HP lappie used to over heat on me all the time, that thing was like a furnace I sware; was the main reason I built a desktop. As long as I'm not doing anything intensive, the stock cooler is just fine to be honest, It's sitting at a solid 32c now so can't complain! :D

Mar 19, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #8,066 of 10,933
Quote:

There are some inexpensive coolers with pushpins that work pretty well for stock speed or mild OC:

Such as
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835200056

Mar 19, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #8,067 of 10,933
Quote:
Ouch, but considering you have another cooler at your disposal I would probably make the effort to install it. My old HP lappie used to over heat on me all the time, that thing was like a furnace I sware; was the main reason I built a desktop. As long as I'm not doing anything intensive, the stock cooler is just fine to be honest, It's sitting at a solid 32c now so can't complain! :D

Hopefully I will eventually.
Quote:

There are some inexpensive coolers with pushpins that work pretty well for stock speed or mild OC:

Such as
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835200056

Thanks! That one actually looks pretty good.

Mar 19, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #8,068 of 10,933
Nothing special, but here goes:

Close up of the left:

And the right:

Best part? The view
biggrin.gif
:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back